• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'SkyFall' EC 91007

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash39

Established Member
to confirm this rake was in the earlier silver east coast livery rather than the grey?

91107 was silver, not sure about 82231 or the rest of the rake.

The vinyls as youve probably seen are white and the loco is definitely untouched paint wise as the roof was still dirty!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I have split out discussion about the diagrams that 91107 is working into this thread. Any requests for or updates of gen should be posted there. This thread should be used for discussion of the livery itself (i.e. how long it's going to be in place).

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Has anyone got some videos featuring nice wide shots of the Skyfall IC225? The bit of the ECML I haven't been on, north of York, where it might actually be near the coast and I expect there are hills, would be of particular interest. Psudeo-aerial footage, taking from up a hill, might look grand.

What might be really interesting, is everyone post links to videos of it on youtube (shots of it passing other trains on the route for comparison welcome also) on different points along the ECML. Maybe then somebody (I could, if I have time, which isn't likely) could edit them together into a compilation (with the Skyfall theme song maybe?)

This looks great and it is a fantastic advert for 007 and East Coast and the rail industry

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
A reminder that this thread should be used for the posting of gen and the thread here used for discussion of the livery/locomotive/set only.

Yew

Established Member
I saw her last night at tuxford, it actually looked surprisingly smart going past.

Lee_Again

Yep, they have stayed together so far.

Just used it on the 18.33 from King's Cross. I'm sure it only had 8 coaches.

And it's for 2 months.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There is a single 'Skyfall' coach sitting in the sidings (in full public view - not hidden around the back!) at Bounds Green. Appears my carriage counting was correct. It's now only 8 coaches in the set.

Just used it on the 18.33 from King's Cross. I'm sure it only had 8 coaches.

And it's for 2 months.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There is a single 'Skyfall' coach sitting in the sidings (in full public view - not hidden around the back!) at Bounds Green. Appears my carriage counting was correct. It's now only 8 coaches in the set.

is the car still at bounds green depot

jon0844

Veteran Member
One way to advertise!

Given there's only the one train, I was amazed to see it heading north last Tuesday morning when waiting for my train, and heading south on the Wednesday morning when waiting for another - the only two days I went into London that week!

Searle

Established Member
For anyone still interested, just seen 91007 at York. It no longer bears the skyfall livery but does retain the name tag thing (that says skyfall on it :D)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Oh good they gave it a proper nameplate at last! Those vinyl efforts always look terrible compared to a proper cast nameplate.

Condor7

Oh good they gave it a proper nameplate at last! Those vinyl efforts always look terrible compared to a proper cast nameplate.

I cannot agree I am afraid. :(
Of course the name plate looks great, but I think the vinyl idea is brilliant, it adds variety and colour to the railway scene, and would do no harm to attract others to the hobby.

I think the size of this thread alone shows the interest it generates.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Of course the name plate looks great, but I think the vinyl idea is brilliant, it adds variety and colour to the railway scene, and would do no harm to attract others to the hobby.

You misunderstand. I have no issue with the all over vinyl only with the nameplate part of that being a vinyl as it was originally.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
I don't know if they always look terrible, but the 'nameplate' on the all-over Skyfall vinyl looked awful. Would probably have been better if they had left the nameplate off the vinyl altogether.

I think the vinyl idea is brilliant, it adds variety and colour to the railway scene, and would do no harm to attract others to the hobby.

I think the size of this thread alone shows the interest it generates.
I agree, though the Skyfall vinyl on the coaches could have been better designed (eg. full-height 007s on only 1-3 vehicles rather than all 9). I find it a real shame that the front of the loco now has '07' rather than the 007 logo. The 'Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight' class 91 and 'Flying Scotsman' branded 91 and DVT are great to have, although there is some flawed logic behind the latter and I think it should be on 91019(a.k.a. 91119) with a hole cut in the vinyl for a cast 'Scottish Enterprise' nameplate. 91001 (a.k.a. 91101) should have 'Swallow' nameplates and perhaps some special vinyls with an enlarged version of the IC Swallow logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.