• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'SkyFall' EC 91007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil6219

Going off that picture, so much for tasteful...

Still, just like the Purple Ronnies it adds a bit of variety (Purple Peril 55016 not included as that was just wrong).

Phil 8-)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
And another view of the DVT.

All photos courtesy of friends and colleagues of east coast trains links on facebook!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 133

stuartmoss

Here's some video I've edited, provided by a mate of mine...

[youtube]dY3X2pvjjqk[/youtube]

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm not sure about the rest of it but I do like the way they've stylised the TOPS number 91007, that's a very nice touch.

Manchester77

Established Member
Oh they're taking it too far. Brand the locomotive and DVT and maybe the coaches but doing the buffet is just a bit...

Idk the word but its just a bit tacy idk

GNER 373

Saw it at Birtley (Tyne Yard) at 12:25 running about 20 late, sorry no pics but it was an impressive sight to say the least!

ash39

Established Member
Really? Not sure then, I'd heard it was out tomorrow.

Here are my photos from York station. Most of the photos I've seen online are of the Daniel Craig side of 91007 but both the DVT and 91 have different designs on both sides, the other featuring all the main characters from the film. See the first photo below...

91007 number detail

Skyfall mk4's

Skyfall charter signage

I love the shot of all the mk4's - as a full consist they look very cool. Shame they won't stay white for long, I'm glad I got it whilst it was new!

Will post some more including the DVT later

As promised - some more shots of the set:

Mk4 RSB 10317

Mk4 TSOE 12204

Mk4 DVT 82231

Or, if it's easier, the full Skyfall 225 set of images here.

Last edited:

MALLARD90

looks like you had a good spot near peterborough Jonf45....I was a little north of you nr Stoke Bank, didn't see it coming early enough tho so did'nt get the best pic, just 3/4 of the Motor unit and most of the first carriage from the right hand side. Will be trying to track it down tho as I live only a mile from ECML nr mile marker 90.....

stuartmoss

A similar video to what I posted earlier, but with a bit of comedy thrown in for good value:

[youtube]WY6fk1btPQg[/youtube]

SprinterMan

Established Member
http://railwayherald.com/uknews/ecml-shaken-but-not-stirred
East Coast has joined forces with film company 20th Century Fox to promote the release of the new James Bond Skyfall film on DVD, but wrapping an entire Mk4 set in 007 livery.

The branding, which will last for around two months, portrays the stars of the film on the Class 91 and DVT, with the Mk4 coaches being branded Skyfall and having a large 007 logo. The locomotive chosen, not unsurprisingly 91107, has been renumbered to 91007, and is likely to gain the Skyfall name permanently.

After a media launch at London King's Cross, the train formed a special 08:33 working to Edinburgh Waverley, before entering traffic on 18th February on the 05:40 Edinburgh to London 'Flying Scotsman' service.

Looks like the coaches and DVT will remain in this livery for only 2 months :(

ash39

Established Member
Could have left it on over summer at least! Spoilsports. Cast nameplates and normal 91007 number to be added when vinyls come off then?

Rhydgaled

Established Member
So the other side WAS different then. I only saw one side of it, bit late to upload any pics now but maybe tommorow or next week.

As 91007 pulled into York, the white made me think 'Swallow!??!?'. I kinda liked the loco, the side I could see at least, but every coach having that HUGE 007 on just looked messy, maybe 2 or 3 such logos in the whole rake would have been ok. I had expected every coach to carry a different image, and was rather disapointed with most of it (seeing a load of other IC225s during the day, along with the New Measurement Train and possibly getting a photo of an XC IC125, made up for it though).

I wonder how long the set will stay in the scheme - there seem to be no plans to strip 91101 or 91110 of their logos any time soon.
I really like the Battle Of Britain livery, I hope they never debrand that one, at least as long as East Coast livery lasts. I think the nameplate on that one is 'real-steel' isn't it? The fact that one has a proper nameplate and 91007 only has a vynal one seems to counter the claim that it is being 'permenantly named' Skyfall.

I'm not sure about the rest of it but I do like the way they've stylised the TOPS number 91007, that's a very nice touch.
I agree, I like that too. In fact, I like that so much more than the rest of it that I hope that touch stays when they remove the rest of the branding. It would be nice if they put 'real-steel' nameplates, refering to Bond in general rather than a specific film in the franchise, on once the branding goes as well.

Any idea if East Coast have any other loco namings planned. As I think I said earlier in this thread, there's a few 91s (including 01) that I feel strongly should have their names reinstated.

Singing Rails

ash39

Established Member
Here it is today at Colton. I know the livery polarises opinion but I think it looks suberb, maybe because I'm a big fan of the Bond franchise as well. Lovely conditions for photos today, bit of low sun but I managed to work with it and get some shots I'm sure I'll be glad I made the effort to take a few years down the line.

Full rake with DVT leading

91007 trailing the rake

On another note, what a time it was to visit Colton today. In 50 minutes I got 007, 91110 BOB, 91101 Flying Scotsman, 91119 on a full blue set and 91124 on a grey set. 91108 for good measure.

387star

On Moderation
to confirm this rake was in the earlier silver east coast livery rather than the grey?

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
(Is it just me who really doesn't like this livery?!)

Nope, I think it looks ghastly; I am more than thankful that it will only be with us for 8 weeks. I suppose I could accept a loco being done up in it or perhaps even the permanent name 'Skyfall', but the renumbering seems a bit OTT and things like repainting the buffet in white with '007' across it just looks awful frankly and more like an expensive advertisement deal than a tribute! I eagerly await the mid-spring when hopefully (mercifully) it will be consigned to history.

387star

On Moderation
Nope, I think it looks ghastly; I am more than thankful that it will only be with us for 8 weeks. I suppose I could accept a loco being done up in it or perhaps even the permanent name 'Skyfall', but the renumbering seems a bit OTT and things like repainting the buffet in white with '007' across it just looks awful frankly and more like an expensive advertisement deal than a tribute! I eagerly await the mid-spring when hopefully (mercifully) it will be consigned to history.

I still think it is better than stadard EC livery at least it isn't so dull!

Status
Not open for further replies.