• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Slight changes you would make to liveries to make them nicer

Status
Not open for further replies.

najaB

Veteran Member
Has BR acquired more HSTs than they were allowed at the time of introduction some would have ended up on TPE routes by the mid 1980s.
But we're talking about now. If BR had some a lot of things that they wanted to there probably wouldn't even be a franchise system.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Speed43125

But we're talking about now. If BR had some a lot of things that they wanted to there probably wouldn't even be a franchise system.
I'm too young to remember BR, but reading about their multitude of (often repeated) plans.... I certainly admire the optimism many of their plans had, given the continual lack of funds.

Domh245

Established Member
Yes, GatEx currently has a fleet of 387s, but seeing as this thread is about liveries rather than implied rolling stock cascades...

I must say though, I had secretly wished for a not dissimilar livery to that for EMR as a nod to the old Midland Railway Red, it does look pretty smart!

Domh245

Established Member
I must say though, I had secretly wished for a not dissimilar livery to that for EMR as a nod to the old Midland Railway Red, it does look pretty smart!

A lazy effort at visualising that..

6ImReM1.png

Azzy49

I'm not used to seeing 91s, but where has this been changed?
It's been changed where you see the white/Silver stripe running down the side. In the original Livery their is Red underneath the Stripe, whereas in this pic their is no Red underneath it

PudseyBearHST

Hello,
Could someone please do the Hogwarts Express livery on a HST? I was thinking the “Hogwarts Express” plate at the front could be put on the side of the HST and made bigger- such as similar location/size to the ‘GWR‘ logo on a GWR livery HST.
A6F845F8-6D4E-4AD3-9346-BF1C8E1BCF25.jpeg
It would be very much appreciated :)

jopsuk

Veteran Member
pefere the all-blue nose. The trend of black ends is not nice!

If BRB had got their way in the early 50s we would barely have diesels, after all

What do you think most (non-enthusiast) travellers want? Pretty colours, or a co-ordinated network that runs on time, where you can understand the fares structure and where conections are protected if things are going wrong?
To be honest I don't think passengers actually care about the livery. They probably just care if they get a seat and if it runs on time

It suits the 158 but maybe not the others. Great job

Something like this?

View attachment 80741

(original picture here)
No

A lazy effort at visualising that..

6ImReM1.png
Wow that's amazing I wish that actually happened

View attachment 82955View attachment 82955what do you guys think of this? When Virgin Trains took over the ECML

View attachment 82955View attachment 82955what do you guys think of this? When Virgin Trains took over the ECML should this livery have been applied to the 91s and HSTs and Mk4s?

Last edited:

superalbs

Established Member
As posted in the WMT 730 thread, here's a gangway Aventra in London Midland colours...

1606415829577.png

hst43102

The whole look and feel of the TOC was excellent. Wasn't it a Best Impressions job?
It was indeed. Best Impressions has a lot of unfair criticism for some of their work, but I think what they do is great compared to the alternatives (SWR would be the best example!)

py_megapixel

Established Member
The whole look and feel of the TOC was excellent. Wasn't it a Best Impressions job?
Yes, I rather liked it as well. The things I didn't like were the interior colour choices - grey seat backs, and that pale greeny colour they used on the walls, paired with fluorescent lighting, felt very drab in my opinion. Could have done with some darker accents and also nicer lighting (though preferably not those clinical white LEDs!)

fgwrich

Established Member

Indeed, in my opinion it sits up there with the top 5 liveries of the privatisation era (amongst Caley Sleeper, ScotRail and Dynamic Lines). The other thing that made the Best Impressions London Midland job so impressive was that it wasn’t just the livery, but the whole package of Livery, interiors and publicity materials too.

I think it’s one reason why I’m still not as keen on the “Trebor Mints” LNWR livery either.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I think it’s one reason why I’m still not as keen on the “Trebor Mints” LNWR livery either.

I would probably agree. "Trebor Mints" isn't an awful livery, it's just a bit average, and it does look good on the longer vehicles of a 730. But the whole LM package was so good (4-car units on a weekend being the only big exception) that literally everything about LNR was worse - the livery (including the nasty 350/2 half-job revinyl), the childish initial attempts at publicity and the most stupid and predictable timetabling error to hit the railway in a long time that caused a collapse of the service several times a week pretty much without fail.

About the only good thing about LNR in comparison is that they have considerably reduced 4 car running.

Status
Not open for further replies.