• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
Most bues are suspended in Nottingham! I was waited 1 hour for a 27! (Normally every 10 minutes!!). The 21 is suspended because they didnt grit the roads in St Anns I dont think :roll: and because of all the hills in Carlton Valley!

That many people are trying to get on the NCT website, it wont work!!

The red line was really struggling. I waited 40 minutes in Colwick for a 45, whilst 5 44s had passed (one of which was an Orange Line omnicity too!) and the 100 had been cut back to Lowdham as evidantley the village was covered. though why it couldn't just skip it and pick up everyone at Magna Charta is anyones guess :???:

MCR247

Established Member
The red line was really struggling. I waited 40 minutes in Colwick for a 45, whilst 5 44s had passed (one of which was an Orange Line omnicity too!) and the 100 had been cut back to Lowdham as evidantley the village was covered. though why it couldn't just skip it and pick up everyone at Magna Charta is anyones guess :???:

Really? When i was waiting in town from 08:10 to 09:05 (:shock:) for a 27 I saw about 20 44/45s go by. 55 minutes for a 27!!

Dennis

Established Member

Guinness

Established Member
Nothing since the smattering we had on a Monday Morning, just been laying on the hills since then given the -2 degree weather.

anthony263

Established Member
just heard on the weather report that south wales/bristol etc could have another lot of snow tommorow night so i dont think we are out of the woods yet.

expected to hit us around 16:30 onwards right when i am driving a bus back from swansea, how fun

P156KWJ

Established Member
Really? When i was waiting in town from 08:10 to 09:05 (:shock:) for a 27 I saw about 20 44/45s go by. 55 minutes for a 27!!

this was about 0945 ish, missed my 1028 train as a result :lol:

Pics from the other day:

attachment.php

Just to show how much snow ended up on the front of 158785. It was filthy by the end of the day and had only been repainted for a few days!
attachment.php

Looks like the First Class lounge staff at Leicester had some fun! Note the chocolate & ginger biscuit eyes
attachment.php

EMT 153313 on an ECS move at Nottingham
attachment.php

XC voyager at Chesterfield for Penzance
attachment.php

one for John_158 - 4 cars on Liverpool to Norwich!!! ;)

Attachments

• EMT158snow.JPG
    EMT158snow.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 60
  • EMTsnowman.JPG
    EMTsnowman.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 60
  • NWT153.JPG
    NWT153.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 57
  • XC220.JPG
    XC220.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 158SWT.JPG
    158SWT.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 59

me123

Established Member
Been a recent "snow storm" in Glasgow, although it's calmed down now.

OK, storm's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's the most we've had for some time anyway.

John_158

If you think thats snow just have a look a the attached picture :-

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 28

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
More snow today! :) Caused chaos in the evening rush-hour :lol:.

Coxster

Established Member
We had some snow down South as well, but I didn't notice much chaos. Funny that - it's normally the other way round :lol:

LilLoaf

Must have been the "wrong type of snow", madness how a bit of snow causes so many problems its madness. People who are defeated by snow like bus drivers saying its unsafe to drive should be sacked, its only a bit of snow, deal with it.

dan_atki

Established Member
Must have been the "wrong type of snow", madness how a bit of snow causes so many problems its madness. People who are defeated by snow like bus drivers saying its unsafe to drive should be sacked, its only a bit of snow, deal with it.

You're sending out mixed messages. When we had the bulk of the snow at the start of the month you said:

A bus free London no buses at all, i carn't think of anything better wish i was driving through would have been brill. I sure the the taxi's were pleased. Hope the snow keeps on falling and forces all busses of the road, (Not in a crash obviously) just so that they don't leave the depot.

Eee a couple of inches of snow, Is in time to build an ark ?

So which is it? No buses due to snow or force buses to run in the snow?

Please explain why driving in snow and ice isn't dangerous. Increased braking distances, reduced visibility, and generally poor driving conditions aside, that is.

Ascot

Established Member

Why don't you do it if it's only a bit of snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.