• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

So, Where Are You Off?

Where Are You Off Too This Summer?

• France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA

• Greece

• Malta

• Turkey

• Balerics Islands (Majorca etc)

• Italy

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Chaz said:
AlexS said:
Off to Majorca. It's Balearics ;)

So I'm I.

Theres quite a few people I know of to that little island. :)

Me too! I'm off on Saturday afternoon for two weeks. Which area are you staying in Alex?

Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
RichardH said:
Chaz said:
AlexS said:

So I'm I.

Me too! I'm off on Saturday afternoon for two weeks. Which area are you staying in Alex?

Thanks,

Where abouts are you staying Richard?

I'm staying in the Northern bit - Pollensa (Not Puerta Pollensa). :)

eezypeazy

tubechallenger said:
And that's Mr. Eezypeazy's first post too! ;)

Er, yes.... somehow I managed to overlook this forum since July (has it been "on the move?").... but many of you know me from my postings elsewhere...

eezypeazy

The Snap

Established Member
Chaz said:
RichardH said:
Chaz said:
AlexS said:

So I'm I.

Thanks,

Where abouts are you staying Richard?

I'm staying in the Northern bit - Pollensa (Not Puerta Pollensa). :)

I'm on the East side, Calal Bona/Cala Millor. Near to Porto Cristo and Cala Rijarda. I LOVE it, it is verey, very nice! I'm staying in an apartment which we have every year, owner by the Hotel Talayot. :D

David

Established Member
Harry Potter said:
I lied. I forgot about the Pembroke Dock & Crewe meets. Thats where I'll be going this year apart from the GCR.
I might not be going anywhere now. My conctract has come to an unexpected end, and so I out of a job. :x

Sprinter

I am staying here in UK, as is well documented already, I will be doing the Freedom of South West rail rover over the August Bank Holiday.

Never been abroad in my life, and have not even held a passport!!

The Snap

Established Member
Sprinter said:
I am staying here in UK, as is well documented already, I will be doing the Freedom of South West rail rover over the August Bank Holiday.

Never been abroad in my life, and have not even held a passport!!

Well that's OK, there is nothing wrong with that! :D

kayedj said:
I voted other, I'm going to the Isle of Man at the end of August.

Nice! :D Are you doing some TT Biking! :P :D

Dave A

Harry Potter said:
I might not be going anywhere now. My conctract has come to an unexpected end, and so I out of a job. :x

Wow. Tough break :o What job did you have?

I wouldn't have though they could just, fire you :?

Who here, except the people who are always on meets e.g yorkie, coxster etc, can honestly say they've been to most parts of England?

Theres a lot more on your doorstep than you might think. If you want to save a few thousand quid, holiday here! :D :P

Tom B

Established Member
They can fire you within the terms agreed in your employment contract, which varies.

BTW for anyone needing a passport (which includes me as it expired in July) I'd advise you get it in *now* to avoid a biometric chip (which only the USA insist on - and TBH if you're mad enough to be going there ;)).

I agree with London Tube, I don't see the point in going to some island where it's too hot and you have to get on a *spit* aeroplane to get there... plenty of the UK is good for holidays you know!

Nick

Jim said:
YOU FORGOT How dare you ;)

Well hes coming to the GCR Diesel Gala which is far better and deserves to be remember far better ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
They can fire you within the terms agreed in your employment contract, which varies.

BTW for anyone needing a passport (which includes me as it expired in July) I'd advise you get it in *now* to avoid a biometric chip (which only the USA insist on - and TBH if you're mad enough to be going there ;)).

I agree with London Tube, I don't see the point in going to some island where it's too hot and you have to get on a *spit* aeroplane to get there... plenty of the UK is good for holidays you know!

Point take, but I enjoy going abroad, as it is a nicebreak, My Mum loves it because of the heat, so we would always go abroad, no matter what. I'm in London in October though for an extended weekend break. :D

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
London Tube said:
Harry Potter said:

Who here, except the people who are always on meets e.g yorkie, coxster etc, can honestly say they've been to most parts of England?

Theres a lot more on your doorstep than you might think. If you want to save a few thousand quid, holiday here! :D :P

I've been to quite a few places in England, just never entered Central London.

evil_hippo

I love Italy! But that is not where I go next februrary, I shall go to Marakesh, Morocco that month.

I can myself say i've been to a large proportion of the country, but unlike those people London Tube mentions the railway tends to be simply an instrument in getting there; the means rather than the end.

Ben

well ive just got back from a week in blackpool

the big wheel is scary when its windy!!!!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
To the person who asked who can honestly say they've been to most of England, I believe I can say I've done a large amount of it. Still missing some of the best bits of it though, TPX MAN to Leeds, S+C, Cumbrian Coast three bits I've not done. That'll change within the next 12 months. Come to think of it, I've a lot of work to do by 31st December 2006...Still, getting there now, two new bits of line done today, so that's 0.02% of what I needed to do done.

Seriously advance planning, but summer 2006 will see me doing an ALR, covering absolutely TONS of lines. Finishing Scotland by autumn 2006, Anglia by end summer 2006, same for the SE, everything else will be finished before my goal date. Then I can get down to the important stuff in life.

Ben

you telling me you aint done the TPE line on a 158

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I keep wanting to, just not had a proper chance to yet. I might do it when the 185s enter service, we'll see what September - December 2005 brings. Although I plan on conquering more of Anglia and a load of the SE in October and November...Maybe it will be early 2006 then.

steve158

if this is turning into a 'what trips are you doing' thread..

i'll be doing the north/mid wales and north east rovers next year.

Ben

FGWFan said:
I keep wanting to, just not had a proper chance to yet. I might do it when the 185s enter service

i advise you to do it before then

im not looking fowards to 158s going :(

Guinness

Established Member
158 said:
FGWFan said:
I keep wanting to, just not had a proper chance to yet. I might do it when the 185s enter service

im not looking fowards to 158s going :(

I'am! :mrgreen:

Anyway...

I'm looking forward to my trip to Mallorca with Monarch Cramped Air

Tom B

Established Member
I'm on holiday... apparently... it's currently tipping it down in Costa-Del-Barbican ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.