• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern (GTR) - Trainee Train Driver (Future vacancies) - Various depots (02/06/23)

suuuly

Hello guys happy new year. I've passed all assessments including DMI. I see a lot of use passed everything and currently on the talent pool. Congrats! Can someone advise me on the MMI please. Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asdfwho

I was offered the 17th and the 24th. I'm not sure if these are the dates they offer everyone though. If your application is still in progress I'd just try to sit tight and wait for a little bit longer! I'm sure you'll get invited eventually.

How did your assessment day go? ...hopefully well :) I have mine on Monday.

Chrysalis

Great news, well done! And thank you, my fingers are firmly crossed. Did you hear on the day, and any idea when your MMI will be?
Thanks! Had to wait a week. The wait was not easy. I'm having a DMI first, then the MMI after (GTR do it the other way around it seems). Not sure when I'll have the DMI, it might be a while.

LAbirdy

Thanks for the information. Do you know if these courses are already full?
Hey. I have my DMI this Wednesday at Go Ahead House. In preparation for it I contacted the depot manager at Barnham. He was super helpful and thought that if I were successful at DMI/MMI/medical it would probably be early 2025 for a course if this helps

Ludus

Hey. I have my DMI this Wednesday at Go Ahead House. In preparation for it I contacted the depot manager at Barnham. He was super helpful and thought that if I were successful at DMI/MMI/medical it would probably be early 2025 for a course if this helps
When was your application date and your assessment date?

Chrysalis

Thanks for letting me know, it does help. Hope your interview will go well!

Sly Sloth

Thanks for the information. Do you know if these courses are already full?
Barnham have 8/9 on the 1st 3 courses planned this year
This is looking likely although there’s a consultation out for the west coastway which COULD reduce the train service and therefore affect diagramming

asdfwho

Passed all of them! Good luck on Monday!

All done! An interesting day and much more relaxed than I’d expected it to be. Surprisingly, out of the four invited only two of us turned up. I should hopefully get the results by the end of the week.

Ludus

All done! An interesting day and much more relaxed than I’d expected it to be. Surprisingly, out of the four invited only two of us turned up. I should hopefully get the results by the end of the week.
Where do you go for the assessments? Which one did you find the hardest? Good luck, i'm sure you've smashed it!

asdfwho

Received an email today to say I’ve passed the assessment centre :D now onto the DMI when a date becomes available at a depot near me.

Lonerangert

Barnham have 8/9 on the 1st 3 courses planned this year

This is looking likely although there’s a consultation out for the west coastway which COULD reduce the train service and therefore affect diagramming
Hey, I've recently been put in the talent pool for London bridge & Victoria being my two choices. Would you possibly know the demand for these depots?

Sly Sloth

Hey, I've recently been put in the talent pool for London bridge & Victoria being my two choices. Would you possibly know the demand for these depots?
Victoria have a few on courses, Bridge less so but that’s not uncommon. Selhurst would be your best bet to get in

Lonerangert

Victoria have a few on courses, Bridge less so but that’s not uncommon. Selhurst would be your best bet to get in
Thanks for that info. I’m not within a hour distance from Selhurst so not sure if I could have put that down unfortunately.

james1996

Apologies, I am new to this forum. I recently failed the computer part of the GTR assessment day. I really struggled on the two hand co ordination, I think the nerves got the better of me. Do I need to wait until they are recruiting at my depot again or can I contact GTR after 6 months to retake this test?
Thanks in advance for any help

suuuly

Hi everyone, I am literally on my last stage and awaiting for MMI. Can someone please advise me on how their MMI went? Many thanks and much appreciated.

Chrysalis

I've been invited to the DMI. However, I'd really struggle to make it, as I was unfortunately only offered one date. What would happen I'd tick the box that says I can't make these dates? Would I get an offer for a different date?