• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonneville91

Hi all

Found out that they should be sending online situational judgement tests out Wednesday this week and assessment dates for around April.

This is what i was told when I rang up. Really hope it's true :D
That's good news!! A conductor I know told me he has his assessments for this role this Friday. Hmmm

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maps87

I applied on 1st Feb and haven't heard anything yet.

I'm hoping it with be fourth time lucky for me. On my first application, in 2016, I got through to the DMI but my two other applications, after that, have been rejected at the initial online submission stage.

Bonneville91

I applied within 5 hours of seeing it on 31st and still nothing. I always assume the no news is good news

1812_s

I applied within 5 hours of seeing it on 31st and still nothing. I always assume the no news is good news

Hope so....I think some have been rejected already so no news must be good right.

Maybe internal applicants are fast tracked. Got my fingers crossed for wednesday

Static65

Just received an email to advise of passing the sift and to expect some online tests by email in a few weeks time.

HelloHi

Yeah, me too.
Last time they sent a Hogan test but I think it will be more of a assessment this time..

They might of moved the goal posts yet again.

maps87

I applied on 1st Feb and haven't heard anything yet.

I'm hoping it with be fourth time lucky for me. On my first application, in 2016, I got through to the DMI but my two other applications, after that, have been rejected at the initial online submission stage.

Update: Just received the same email, to say that I'm through!

Tomo1062

Hi all

Found out that they should be sending online situational judgement tests out Wednesday this week and assessment dates for around April.

Do you know if you have passed the SJE’s previously in last year or so if you still have to do them or would you go straight to assessment stage ?

Bonneville91

That's what I'm wondering. Is this another sifting exercise or those that have passed don't have to do again?

1812_s

I asked this. You still have to do SJE again. Although any if the actual assesment you previously passed stands for 5 years on national database

Bonneville91

I asked this. You still have to do SJE again. Although any if the actual assesment you previously passed stands for 5 years on national database
From what I gather though the SJE was never a pass or fail, that's what was said during the assesment day. Just helps with the sort of questions you'll receive during the interview.

Quin79

Got my email today as well informing of being successful in the sift. Next few weeks will get an email for some online tests. Is thus something new? Friend of mine is training at the moment and never had this. He went from application to assessment day

Tomo1062

Got my email today as well informing of being successful in the sift. Next few weeks will get an email for some online tests. Is thus something new? Friend of mine is training at the moment and never had this. He went from application to assessment day
Maybe slipped his mind. It’s certainly something they’ve done for last 3 years. It such a long gruelling process it’s easy to forget that bit

Hi all

Hey! Is this SJT the only online test that GTR will be doing before progressing to the assesment centre? I'm a bit nervous when they say 'Online tests', not knowing how i can prepare! Thanks in advance.

LuckyJackal

Got my email today as well informing of being successful in the sift. Next few weeks will get an email for some online tests. Is thus something new? A friend of mine is training at the moment and never had this. He went from application to assessment day
So if I have not heard from them yet do you think this means I have not been successful?

Topcat999

IF it is a true and pure points system to see if they should continue...WHY can a person fail numerous times then pass? It shouldn't make any difference? Especially at the first sifting phase.

I can understand if say 30 all passed right the way through THEN they had to cull it down to say 6....But not from the start.

Topcat999

Got my rejection today. Bloody hell, I really thought my application was solid lol.
I done it all...CV, Cover letter, No convictions, answered all the competency questions thoroughly. I do wonder if they prefer applicants that do not come from a railway background as I do.
Welcome to reality 101

Even if you are 100% perfect your chances are slim

martin2345uk

Established Member
IF it is a true and pure points system to see if they should continue...WHY can a person fail numerous times then pass? It shouldn't make any difference? Especially at the first sifting phase.

I can understand if say 30 all passed right the way through THEN they had to cull it down to say 6....But not from the start.

You seem a wee bit fixated on this...

When it comes to the sift luck can play a part. Or say they have 3000 applications but only need 1000 to go to the next stage, once they have 1000 they may well stop looking at the rest. Doesn’t seem fair but they’re so oversubscribed that there’s nowt to stop them doing that. Or again if they’re looking at the top 10% of applications it depends on the quality of other people’s applications as to whether yours would get through.

Hi all

Hey! Did you recieve the online SJT today? I didn't get anything via email. Thanks.

1812_s

I didn't receive a email either somethin g went wrong. Wasnt good news for me anyway.

Reached enough numbers so my application didnt even get opened.

Have to wait 6 months now before they go through next batch of applications

Elrey

Hey - check your emails. They've just sent online assessments to be completed by 29/03... does anyone know what test this is i.e SJT?

Bonneville91

Got the same, no idea what it is. Have never seen this before. Only time I've done the SJE was at the assessment day. I hope this isn't the same thing South eastern do before you can apply

DriverGB

Got the same too. I’m amusing everyone says they have to complete:

GTR Questionnaire (GTR-1).

So I’m guessing it’s a questionnaire right

Bridger

Completed it today; seemed pretty standard to what I've completed before. No advice to offer apart from think SAFETY! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.