• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
A rare occurrence - a trainline deal for Boots Advantage Card holders.

Sign up at http://www.treatstreet.boots.com/moreinfo/pg500treat and buy any train ticket costing £1 or more* and you get 500 Boots points, which is worth £5 in store. It's also available for other deals including National Express coach tickets.

* So probably any ticket apart from some child singles to the next station.

snail

Established Member
A rare occurrence - a trainline deal for Boots Advantage Card holders.

Sign up at http://www.treatstreet.boots.com/moreinfo/pg500treat and buy any train ticket costing £1 or more* and you get 500 Boots points, which is worth £5 in store. It's also available for other deals including National Express coach tickets.

* So probably any ticket apart from some child singles to the next station.
As it's the Trainline you could lose £4.50 of the deal by using a credit card and paying the booking fee!

pemma

Veteran Member
As it's the Trainline you could lose £4.50 of the deal by using a credit card and paying the booking fee!

Your choice whether or not you take up the offer and how you pay if you do. Like I said there are also non-rail offers available which you can take up instead such as National Express but obviously this is a rail forum not a general offers forum.

All Line Rover

Established Member
According to an email London Midland have sent me, the Great Escape offer is "valid on off-peak London Midland services only."

I'm fairly certain this is different to previous offers, which were valid on all Trent Valley trains except the 18:29 departure in the evening peak from Euston.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The Raileasy terms don't appear to have a minimum purchase amount, so if you buy a ticket valued under £20, it appears you may be able to turn a profit.
Note that the cashback is a prepaid Mastercard.

Last edited:

SS4

Established Member
According to an email London Midland have sent me, the Great Escape offer is "valid on off-peak London Midland services only."

I'm fairly certain this is different to previous offers, which were valid on all Trent Valley trains except the 18:29 departure in the evening peak from Euston.

Wasn't there a supplement for services leaving London in the PM peak for STD tickets?

It is now 1st October and no tickets have come on yet. Must mean 9am, tis a conspiracy against semi-noctural folk I say :p

tamesidedepot

Wasn't there a supplement for services leaving London in the PM peak for STD tickets?

It is now 1st October and no tickets have come on yet. Must mean 9am, tis a conspiracy against semi-noctural folk I say :p

Now available on the LM website (from 8am it seems).

small print reads that they can be used on services scheduled to depart after 0930 Mon-Fri (anytime weekend) with no restrictions in the Network West Midlands area or southbound between Liverpool and Crewe.
also valid on the 0833 Crewe to London from stations north of Rugby for travel to London, valid northbound on thre 0904 Rugby-Crewe, 0917 Nuneaton-Crewe and 0923 Atherstone-Crewe

tickets are not valid on departures from Euston between 1700 and 1815 Monday to Friday

tony_mac

Established Member
£20 cashback from raileasy

http://new.raileasy.co.uk/offers-and-things-to-do/offers/-20-cashback-offer

Be very careful this is one of those deals where you will have signed up for a subscription (£14.95 per month) and you must remember to cancel it before the first payment is due (unless you want to subscribe)

In fairness to raileasy (who are not normally one of my favourite rail ticket sites) this is clearly explained

I would be cautious of this offer - e.g.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=56162185

The card will never arrive, and if it does it will not have any credit on it, and they will charge you a subscription fee whether you cancel or not. I have attempted to contact this company via telephone - which is never answered, email - which always bounces, and letter - which goes ignored.

Established Member
Of note the registered address of RailEasy - "Ferries Trains Planes Ltd" is a 2-bedroom end terrace next to Northallerton Station. Their customer service address is a PO Box in Stafford, whilst there 'helpline' number for amendments and enquiries is a £1.02-a-minute 0906 premium number.

I think I'd stick with booking at a TOC website if I needed tickets.

cjohnson

Santander's 123 credit card now offers 3% cashback on NR and TfL ticket purchases (on up to £300 spend/month i.e. total cashback could be £108 a year).

Presumably one could also use this in conjunction with a cashback site e.g. Southern via Topcashback to get an effective 9% total cashback on each purchase.

Santander said:
Train operating companies and online train ticket retailers include, but are not limited to, Arriva Trains Wales, c2c, Chiltern Railways, Cross Country, East Coast, East Midlands Trains, Eurostar, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Hull Trains, First TransPennine Express, Gatwick Express, Grand Central, Greater Anglia, Heathrow Connect, Heathrow Express, Island Line, London Midland, Merseyrail, Northern Rail, ScotRail, South West Trains, Southeastern, Southern, Stansted Express, Virgin Trains, mytrainticket.co.uk, qjump.co.uk, raileasy.co.uk, redspottedhanky.com, takethetrain.co.uk and thetrainline.com.

TfL ticket purchases (which include Oyster Card purchases made using your 123 Credit Card and Travelcard for travel on the London Underground, London buses, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), London Overground, National Rail, London Tramlink, Thames Clipper and Emirates Airline Cable Car) made at a station, self service ticket machines, London Travel Information Centres, online or by telephone.

WestyAds

Having missed out on these offers so many times before, I was rather pleasantly surprised when I clicked the link a few minutes ago and had a code within seconds. Thanks for flagging this one up, Telstarbox!

pemma

Veteran Member
Anyone got a code??

I tried but the Captcha broke - it rejected about 5 attempts and when I refreshed the page I got MySQL error statements.

It was also misleading to say 'the link will appear here' and then to put a little form right at the bottom of the page to fill out.

wintonian

Established Member
I didn't get around to it until just before 11:30 this morning so missed it, but this afternoon I have stopped half way through my baking to and got there just in time.

I think this is the first time I have tried for a RSH offer as well.

:)

Goatboy

Established Member
I tried but the Captcha broke - it rejected about 5 attempts and when I refreshed the page I got MySQL error statements.

It was also misleading to say 'the link will appear here' and then to put a little form right at the bottom of the page to fill out.

Exactly what happened to me. I must have clicked 'Get Code' about 15 times each time having no effect beyond simply resetting the Captcha.

calc7

Established Member
Exactly what happened to me. I must have clicked 'Get Code' about 15 times each time having no effect beyond simply resetting the Captcha.

I got caught out by this until I realised as the Captcha reset a code appeared below!

Goatboy

Established Member
I got caught out by this until I realised as the Captcha reset a code appeared below!

You have got to be joking :eek:

I was expecting an email or something hence them asking for the email address?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You have got to be joking :eek:

I was expecting an email or something hence them asking for the email address?

If you click on the page now there is a box to enter your email address and retrieve your code. If you missed the fact that it had given you a code while re-entering the captcha then you might be able to get it back again.

Cheds

Carlisle Settle route Winter offer now announced:

(THIS IS FOR DALESCARD/FRIENDS OF SETTLE CARLISLE CARD HOLDERS ONLY. THE CARD IS £12 PER YEAR)

November 5th 2012 to February 24th 2013 incl. Flat fare of £7 per day (single or day return) per adult/£3.50 per child (max 4 children per adult) anywhere on the line. That's it: very simple.

Furrball

East Coast offering 1/3 off fares to Edinburgh

http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/edinburghoffer

To celebrate the launch of Edinburgh’s fantastic new campaign, we’re offering 1/3 off our Standard and First Class Advanced fares to people visiting the Scottish capital for a limited time only!

To take advantage of this fantastic offer, you’ll need to book by midnight on 2 November using the blue booking form on the left. Travel is between 12 November and 11 January 2013, excluding 20 December 2012 – 03 January 2013 (inclusive).

The discount is available on all of our direct services to Edinburgh departing from London King’s Cross, York & Newcastle, and calling points in between. (See terms and conditions below for the full list of stations).

The fares displayed in your ticket search will automatically have the discount applied, as long as they meet the booking terms below. Remember that you’ll need to book two single trips for your trip rather than a return ticket (such as Anytime Return, Off Peak Return etc) to get the discount.

So, whether you’re after some Scottish history, a shopping spree or a vibrant city break – Edinburgh has it all.

Hurry – you’ve only got until 2 November to book!

Terms and conditions
1/3 off discount applies to East Coast Standard and First Advance fares only which must be booked through this page only. The discount is only available on our advanced tickets which are purchased as two singles. The discount will be applied on the following journeys: London King’s Cross, Stevenage, Peterborough, Grantham, Newark Northgate, Retford, Doncaster, York, Northallerton, Darlington, Durham, Newcastle, Morpeth, Alnmouth, Berwick upon Tweed and Dunbar to Edinburgh Waverley only for the outward journey and from Edinburgh Waverley to all of the previously listed calling points for the return leg. The 1/3 off discount already includes our online discount where relevant. Tickets valid on booked date and train only. Book by midnight 2 November for travel on East Coast trains between 12 November and 11 January 2013, excluding 20 December to 3 January 2013 inclusive. Not valid in conjunction with any other offers or discounts, including Railcards( except child discount). £5 supplement applies for access to First Class Lounges with First Class ticket purchase (no access permitted with Standard tickets) Tickets are subject to availability and usual Advance terms and conditions apply

pemma

Veteran Member
Southern give 6.06%.

True, but some "deals" are only bookable on TrainLine-powered sites.

Also the Southern deal excludes certain tickets available on the Southern site.

Please note, cashback is paid per completed basket (booking), not per ticket. Cashback is only valid for Anytime, Off Peak and Advance tickets bought via southernrailway.com and excludes weekly, monthly and annual season tickets.

The Virgin deal seems to be for any ticket available on their site.