• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Does anyone know if the 100 bonus loyalty points you are supposed to get for booking with RSH in May appears straight away or not?

I've got a split ticket journey to buy and I'm wondering if I can buy the first part and get a £1 voucher to redeem when buying the second part.

snail

Established Member
I've made 2 bookings in May and had no 100 point awards. I did use Facebook for the extra double points, don't know if that makes a difference. All my points are dated the day after I booked so I don't think your plan will work.

EDIT: The promotion T&Cs say "redspottedhanky.com loyalty points will be allocated to all transacting customers redspottedhanky.com loyalty accounts within 28 days of the closing date of the Promotion." So that is probably why I don't have mine yet.

Last edited:

A1

Interestingly I've found that adding a PlusBus ticket to a RSH booking (using TopCashBack link) doesn't credit to the cashback. Only the rail portion is reported on TCB for cashback.

Strange!

wbbminerals

I think the TPE 50% off offer link should be updated to this. I'm not sure it even lets you use the offer if you navigate the site, as the end of the link URL I found was "promotion.aspx?id=TPESTUDENT&isAllowed=False" which suggests that the offer wouldn't be allowed using that original address.

kar3emosman

1/3 off all Caledonian Sleeper berth and seated tickets except Bargain Berths, Berth Supplements and Flexipass tickets. Book 1 - 14 June 2013 at http://www.scotrail.co.uk/dreamtickets

I have never gone on a sleeper train, and with my railcard expiring at the end of September this has to be done!

Would I be right in saying that the £30 price I found is all I would need to pay? Do I need to book a berth? I'm more then happy to sit.

Thanks!

Searle

Established Member
I have never gone on a sleeper train, and with my railcard expiring at the end of September this has to be done!

Would I be right in saying that the £30 price I found is all I would need to pay? Do I need to book a berth? I'm more then happy to sit.

Thanks!

If the fare has a bed next to it then it will book a berth for you. If it doesn't, and when you hover over the price and it says Caledonian Seated Sleeper services only then it's a seat.

dvboy

Established Member
East Midlands Trains cashback through Quidco:

The cashback rates of retailers you follow have increased
and/or new vouchers have been added. You can check the
new rates and vouchers below.
EAST MIDLANDS TRAINS

* 4.5% cashback for East Midlands Trains tickets Expires: 09 Jun 2013
* 3% cashback for Non East Midlands Trains tickets Expires: 09 Jun 2013

johnnycache

I think the TPE 50% off offer link should be updated to this. I'm not sure it even lets you use the offer if you navigate the site, as the end of the link URL I found was "promotion.aspx?id=TPESTUDENT&isAllowed=False" which suggests that the offer wouldn't be allowed using that original address.

when i looked at the site it just seemed to suggest that you could save 50% by buying advance tickets - it didn't seem to be a promotion. Have i missed something?

lyesbkz

when i looked at the site it just seemed to suggest that you could save 50% by buying advance tickets - it didn't seem to be a promotion. Have i missed something?

Yes, there is also this offer whereby holders of 16-25 Railcards save a total of 50% instead of 34% on certain TPE advance tickets. I believe that this is the one being referred to.

gnolife

Established Member
Ive got an email from TPE saying that theyre doing 2 for 1 on walk on tickets to Scunthorpe, Barnetby, Habrough, Grimsby Town and Cleethorpes.

johnnycache

New promotion between Red Spotted Hanky and the Sun
Here's the link:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...tions/4958147/Save-95 0-on-Train-Tickets.html

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
New promotion between Red Spotted Hanky and the Sun
Here's the link:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ions/4958147/Save-95 0-on-Train-Tickets.html

I see you now have to physically collect tokens from the newspaper and post them off. Is this RSH's new way to stop code sharing?

aleph_0

Interesting. The paper is 60p on Saturday and Sunday, and 40p weekdays. First Class stamp is 60p, second class 50p. So the cost of Sat+Sun+Mon papers plus First Class stamp is £2.20. Or it can be done for £1.70 with second class stamp and weekday papers.

With only 30,000 codes available still, it might be worth splashing out to get it to them quickly. Or it might be easier not to bother with the promotion at all, since there is no guarantee of getting the voucher.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Well, at least they are seeing sense.

Sense? They've just made the whole process a lot more fiddly and bureaucratic but it won't stop people claiming multiple vouchers.

With 15,000 orders to process manually I doubt very much they'll bother to check for multiple orders for the same address, and as RSH promotions are one voucher per person, rather than per address, people will just put the names of their wives and kids on their multiple requests!

Stompa

With 15,000 orders to process manually I doubt very much they'll bother to check for multiple orders for the same address, and as RSH promotions are one voucher per person, rather than per address, people will just put the names of their wives and kids on their multiple requests!
Possibly, but it may act as a disincentive to make a huge number of applications, since each attempt will cost £1.70-£2.20 and may not be successful.

AIUI the problem with the previous Travelodge offer was that they had vast numbers of accounts being set up by automated software, not by individuals.

Last edited:

aleph_0

Redspottedhanky have a new fantasy game following Wimbledon.

One picks a team of 7 players, and for each win one earns between 8 and 20 game points, depending on the level of the player, with 4 bonus points for a straight set victory.

So that's between 24 and 60 RSH loyalty points per victory, with a 12 RSH loyalty point bonus for straight-sets.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The advert is very confusing. I can't work out whether it is a Day Ranger or only a return somewhere.

trentside

Established Member
I can confirm it's an unlimited day ranger ticket for the East Midlands Trains network.

Apparently the idea is to 'introduce' people to East Midlands Parkway prior to the Nottingham works - hence the ticket only being available from there.

Searle

Established Member
An update for the Travelodge voucher confusion from RSH's Facebook:

redspottedhanky.com
We’re very pleased to say that after a lot of blood sweat and tears, we’ve finally been able to resolve the Travelodge voucher issue for our fans. Customers who signed up during our recent promotion should now be able to see a Travelodge e-voucher when they log in to their account.

We’d like to apologise again for the inconvenience this has caused our loyal redspottedhanky customers – we hate to disappoint you and we’re working hard to make sure this kind of thing doesn’t happen again in future.

Thank you all for your patience and for being so understanding.

Enjoy your weekends,
RSH

My voucher now displays £10 again too :D