• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
Looks like the entirety of Highland's Scania E300s are heading down to Fife - fleetcard reports 28604 and 28647 moving in addition to those already mentioned.
Leaves just 28602/43/45/50 at Inverness.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Whats to happen with the 4 buses transfered from the Highland's ?
28603 SV61CYA
28605 SV61CYE
28646 SV12AYZ
28649 SV12AYK
All four are parked at the back of Arbroath depot, they have not been touched since they arrived over 3 weeks ago. Given the vehicle shortages at Arbroath at present, I'm sure they'd be in service already if that's what their intended use was. And indeed I was told by the fleet engineer that these were only for storage, not for service.

Bowie

Looks like the entirety of Highland's Scania E300s are heading down to Fife - fleetcard reports 28604 and 28647 moving in addition to those already mentioned.
Leaves just 28602/43/45/50 at Inverness.
You’re bang on. 28602 has literally been sat at Inverness for almost 2 months so they’re probably not gonna fix it, the only likely bus out of those ones to move to Fife is 28650 SV12 AAK but i guess we’ll have to wait and see

Scott mac

There are 30 coaches on order for Megabus and Citylink. I wonder if the Edinburgh express routes will get the older coaches from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ricky Kane

54301 Citylink coach has transferred from Inverness.

Source my eyes at Aberdeen bus station.

Last edited:

overthewater

Established Member
There are 30 coaches on order for Megabus and Citylink. I wonder if the Edinburgh express routes will get the older coaches from there.

This is the big question. Will Fife express get brand new stock or will it get 18 plate stock from Kilmarnock depot which is used on X76 and 900 for Citylink?

Where is the press release for the 30 coaches?

Last edited by a moderator:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Remember to indicate the source of any information that you post, please. Thanks :)

mbonwick

Established Member
You’re bang on. 28602 has literally been sat at Inverness for almost 2 months so they’re probably not gonna fix it, the only likely bus out of those ones to move to Fife is 28650 SV12 AAK but i guess we’ll have to wait and see
It's only an inference from the wording of the fleetcard, but the strong suggestion is they will all be moving along with the pair of Solo SRs.
Seems East Scotland are standardising on Scanias for whatever reason - they have another batch of E400s moving up from Kent too. While I can make sense of the desire for deckers ultimately as Trident/ALX400 replacements on schools, I'm struggling with the K230UB/E300s.

And yes, before mods start getting upset about fleetcards not being public available, I'm well aware I am behind with uploads.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
28650s engine is kaput, it overheated on the A9 on the 17th of October hence why it hasn't moved south yet.
It's only an inference from the wording of the fleetcard, but the strong suggestion is they will all be moving along with the pair of Solo SRs.
Seems East Scotland are standardising on Scanias for whatever reason - they have another batch of E400s moving up from Kent too. While I can make sense of the desire for deckers ultimately as Trident/ALX400 replacements on schools, I'm struggling with the K230UB/E300s.

And yes, before mods start getting upset about fleetcards not being public available, I'm well aware I am behind with uploads.
The Highland K230UBs are already Euro 6 so that is possibly why.

CSB0241

On Moderation
Am I the only once who is perplexed by the Fife 7B/C/D services are listed under the same service as the 7/7A?

7; Dunfermline - Inverkeithing - Burntisland - Kirkcaldy - Leven (Every 30min Mon-Sat daytime)
7A; Dunfermline - Inverkeithing - Burntisland - Kirkcaldy - Leven (Every 60min Sunday daytime & daily evenings)

7B; Kelty - QMH - Dunfermline - Inverkeithing - Dalgety Bay (Counter-clockwise loop) (Every 60min Mon-Sat daytime - combines with 7C to make a service every 30min between Kelty & Hillend)
7C; Kelty - QMH - Dunfermline - Inverkeithing - Dalgety Bay (Clockwise loop) (Every 60min Mon-Sat daytime - combines with 7B to make a service every 30min between Kelty & Hillend)
7D; Kelty - QMH - Dunfermline - Ferrytoll P&R - North Queensferry (Every 60min Sunday daytime & daily evenings)

It boggles my mind! The 7A’s can be selected to be listed with the 7’s timetable on bustimes.org, but not the 7C? Why not number the services something like the 86/86A/86B? It doesn’t make any sense to me. If any of you can find an explanation that would make sense to me, that’d be great

overthewater

Established Member
Because 7 and 7A are on one registration and operated by Aberhill depot, While the 7B and 7C is on another registration and is operated by Dunfermline Depot.

It was decided somewhere to have common numbers so passengers traveling to Dalgerty Bay all have 7's.

Old 7B,7C used to be 7 and or 9 before that 79,

MasterSpenny

Blairgowrie depot I believe are getting these. However still no news on any new coaches.
Your statement on Blairgowire getting these buses is correct according to Route One. According to the article this batch of buses will be used on route 57.

Stagecoach East Scotland welcome four new ADL E400s​

Stagecoast East Scotland is putting four new Alexander Dennis E400s into operation from its Blairgowrie depot following an investment of £1 million.

The double-deckers will be used on route 57 from Perth-Dundee and run every 30 minutes Monday to Friday and hourly on weekends. They feature leather seating, low-bridge alerts and USB phone charging at every seat.

David Frenz, Operations Director for Stagecoach East Scotland, says: “It’s fantastic to bring this investment to the Blairgowrie area, improving the fleet standard in the region. Staff at our Blairgowrie depot take such a pride in their buses and giving them this gift, ahead of the festive season is a real boost for the depot and for the thousands of customers who choose to travel with Stagecoach in this area.”

Taking part in the launch of the new buses at Blairgowrie were John Millar, the depot’s Allocation Manager, Sam McWalter, Engineering Director, and Mr Frenz.

User17

Driver on this morning's Glasgow service said new 96 seat double deck coaches will be introduced on the X24/27 from January.

CSB0241

On Moderation
Driver on this morning's Glasgow service said new 96 seat double deck coaches will be introduced on the X24/27 from January.
Thank god. I can’t stand the Plaxton Elites, they smell awful & sound like the engine is about to implode on itself. Hopefully get introduced on the X54/58/59/60

It was decided somewhere to have common numbers so passengers traveling to Dalgerty Bay all have 7's.

Old 7B,7C used to be 7 and/or 9
Well why not make the 7B the 9, 7C the 9A, & 7D the 9B?

Yorkshireguy

Definitely great for the X24/X27.

I don't think double decks will be used on routes going over the Tay Road Bridge (and therefore probably with routes that interwork with that), so with length constraints in St Andrews and (I believe?) Glenrothes, what could be realistically procured for the X54/59? More of the same?

overthewater

Established Member
Definitely great for the X24/X27.

I don't think double decks will be used on routes going over the Tay Road Bridge (and therefore probably with routes that interwork with that), so with length constraints in St Andrews and (I believe?) Glenrothes, what could be realistically procured for the X54/59? More of the same?

X54/X59 will most likely get the use of the 66 and 67 plate coaches.

If they are to be new then probably not. Citylink/Megabus are to receive Volvo 9700DD in the new year, so possibly some of these.
Citylink/megabus order is first then East Scotland order is after that I believe.

sbrignall72

The new buses are now operating from Blairgowrie. But under false ticket machines. From.own sightings today 11659 is 99081, 11660 is 99082, 11661 is 99083 and 11662 is 99084. Hope this helps anyone looking for them.