• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North Scotland (Bluebird and Highland)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Both could do with replacement I don't think anyone would deny that, the x99 is a demanding route and I should imagine kills whatever is on it due to its fairly consistently heavy loads and exciting roads
YX64 Plates 54303/4/9/10 are waiting for the Mercedes Coaches to go up then they will be swapped and brought down to Inverness.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Both could do with replacement I don't think anyone would deny that, the x99 is a demanding route and I should imagine kills whatever is on it due to its fairly consistently heavy loads and exciting roads
To be fair its not something unique to the X99. Most of the coaches in the Stagecoach fleet group wide are knackered and in need of replacement.

Bowie

YX64 Plates 54303/4/9/10 are waiting for the Mercedes Coaches to go up then they will be swapped and brought down to Inverness.
As in they’ll be used at Inverness depot? Sorry if its a dumb question

Today i used the X99 and in all honesty the Panther i was on didn’t sound tooo bad for its age, although i agree they need replaced

As in they’ll be used at Inverness depot? Sorry if its a dumb question

Today i used the X99 and in all honesty the Panther i was on didn’t sound tooo bad for its age, although i agree they need replaced
Stored for further use outside the Highlands.

Those panthers have been very heavy work horses I believe there still going well just there age is starting to catch up.
To be fair its not something unique to the X99. Most of the coaches in the Stagecoach fleet group wide are knackered and in need of replacement.
There's not many coaches in Stagecoach group that can replace 54131-7 personally I think one of 2 things will happen.

They will be replaced with New Coaches Or Replaced with 54401 - 54412 when they are replaced from the National Express Network.

Bowie

Stored for further use outside the Highlands.

Those panthers have been very heavy work horses I believe there still going well just there age is starting to catch up.

There's not many coaches in Stagecoach group that can replace 54131-7 personally I think one of 2 things will happen.

They will be replaced with New Coaches Or Replaced with 54401 - 54412 when they are replaced from the National Express Net-Work.
Ahh ok cheers for setting the record straight i appreciate it, will need to photograph them when they eventually come down , and you’re right about the age thing

Ahh ok cheers for setting the record straight i appreciate it, will need to photograph them when they eventually come down , and you’re right about the age thing
Sure you will see them on my Flickr when there down.

The 3 Mercedes-Benz Tourismo Access 59101/4/5 are just waiting for a couple of items before they are sent north but should not be long.

54302 has returned to the Highlands from Bluebird. I also saw that 53702 was back on the 10 today. It was good to see it back out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowie

54302 has returned to the Highlands from Bluebird. I also saw that 53702 was back on the 10 today. It was good to see it back out.
Aye saw 53702 yesterday leaving on the 10, sounded great and glad they never gave up on it

Someone on Bustimes has also decided to remove 27105 from Bluebirds fleet list despite it not being withdrawn or it having anything wrong with it

Bowie

SN63VUS requires a new Engine.
I heavily doubt they’ll fix it and it’ll be another case of Stagecoach being too cheap to bother fixing it. It's same with SL14DCF i imagine. It’d be good if both buses were repaired though as they’re good vehicles (Appearance wise anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Common sense would dictate that 27105s engine and running gear could be used to repair and reinstate 27917. It doesn't surprise me that 27105 wouldn't be repaired considering the extent of the structural damage combined with the age of the vehicle.

I heavily doubt they’ll fix it and it’ll be another case of Stagecoach being too cheap to bother fixing it. It's same with SL14DCF i imagine. It’d be good if both buses were repaired though as they’re good vehicles (Appearance wise anyway)
Once Insurance deems it a write off 27105 will be parted out and used to fix 27917.

Bowie

Its probably 27917 or a coach/double decker using its ticket machine but 27105 seems to be tracking on a 35

I believe FM36 has went on loan to Elgin, so its possibly that.
I may have asked this before; if so then apologies. Is there a way to tell from pictures/fleet number/registration, what engine and gearbox an E200 has?
As far as I'm aware all Stagecoach E300s in Scotland have the 6.7L/4-speed, and all native Stagecoach E200s in Scotland have the 4.5L engine but various different gearboxes. I'm not sure which engine nor which gearbox FM36 has.

The last 3 Mercedes-Benz Tourismo have arrived for the Caithness fleet.

Stagecoach Highlands
59102 BF24AUC
Mercedes-Benz Tourismo Access

Stagecoach Highlands
59103 BF24AUE

Stagecoach Highlands
59106 BF24AUK

Last edited:

Bowie

The last 3 Mercedes-Benz Tourismo have arrived for the Caithness fleet.

Stagecoach Highlands
59102 BF24AUC

Stagecoach Highlands
59103 BF24AUE

Stagecoach Highlands
59106 BF24AUK
Good to see all 6 now here. Cheers for the pics mate

If anyone wants a photo of it in service 22781 is tracking is 27105 according to bustimes and its currently heading into Aberdeen

Last edited:
Good to hear, that might be why Fm36 is over in Elgin on loan
Indeed it is also caught 22781 out yesterday.

Update with the highland Mercedes-Benz Tourismo

59104 BF24AUH Just Left for Thurso.

59105 BF24AUJ Has Entered Service with Thurso this morning.

59101 BF24AUA Being Prepared to be moved later Today.

53708 has Been Returned to Inverness for Storage.

53706 has been moved from Wick to Thurso.

Last edited:

Bowie

Odd question but is there a reason new vehicles take ages to be added to fleet lists on Bustimes. For example the new coaches for Thurso have yet to added to the Stagecoach Highlands fleet list

MasterSpenny

Odd question but is there a reason new vehicles take ages to be added to fleet lists on Bustimes. For example the new coaches for Thurso have yet to added to the Stagecoach Highlands fleet list
I think it’s because the vehicle lists are created by what is/have been tracking on the system. If they haven’t tracked on a route yet, then I don’t think they would be on the list yet.
Source:

How do I add a vehicle?​

You can't. The vehicle lists on bustimes.org are purely a by-product of the automatic vehicle tracking system (the live map etc.). There are other fine websites devoted to listing vehicles for the sake of it.

They are currently using other buses ticket machines so until they login with their own ticket machine they won't track.

54210 SF62CZN has joined the scrap corner.

Bowie

They are currently using other buses ticket machines so until they login with there own Ticket Machine they won't track.

54210 SF62CZN has joined the scrap corner.
Aye noticed SF62 CZN has its panel and front license plate missing when i was there tonight

I think it’s because the vehicle lists are created by what is/have been tracking on the system. If they haven’t tracked on a route yet, then I don’t think they would be on the list yet.
Source:
Ahh cheers for that