• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach West/South West/South Wales - Fleet News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temple Meads

Established Member
Surely they are valid on it?

The wording on the website says something along the lines of 'valid on all Stagecoach South West services (except Stagecoach Falcon) ' so it is specifically mentioned as being exempted from use on that route.

Should be valid between Plymouth and Taunton (inclusive). Probably not on the stretch further north.

I would suggest contacting Stagecoach customer services by email or on Twitter to clarify.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rapidash

Just had an email from em saying the price of my ticket is going up by six quid a month. Given the chop being taken to the X46 and no real improvement on other services I use ..why do they think they are worth an extra £72 a year?

Edit: It's gone up to £103.99. So closer to £85 extra. Might as well just drop down to a weekly local one and be done with it, bloomin rip off.

Last edited:
Evening all.
Latest update from here in Chelt and Glos.

It looks like Gloucester will end up with 4 more double deckers than they currently have when Cheltenham's new MMCs have been delivered and the cascading has been done.
Confirmed on Saturday that 15521-7 will be going to Gloucester and the other Gold's to Stroud, then 22052/3 to training and 22377/8 and 17722/8/9 to reserve fleet.
17726 looks like it's going to be scrapped. Hasn't turned a wheel for over 6 months and sat languishing at the back of the depot. No plans to return her to the road.

The 12 new Gold ADL E400 MMC's for Cheltenham will have the following fleet numbers and registrations although delivery pushed back until January due to being behind in preparation.

10749 - SN66VXT
10750 - SN66VXV
10751 - SN66VXW
10752 - SN66VXY
10753 - SN66VXZ
10754 - SN66VYA
10755 - SN66VYB
10756 - SN66VYC
10757 - SN66VYD
10758 - SN66VYE
10759 - SN66VYF
10760 - SN66VYG

Temple Meads

Established Member
Two new Plaxton Elite interdecks (YX66 WNH & YX66 WNJ) have been delivered to Plymouth depot for use on Megabus services.

Stagecoach West Period 6 Fleet Movements
- a bit of a clear-out!!
Volvo Olympian
16496 P146KWJ Disposal to Sold
16746 R746DRJ Reserve to Sold
Dennis Trident ALX400
17626 W626RND Reserve to Sold
MAN ALX300
22052 KX53VNH Gloucester to Training
22053 KX53VNJ Reserve to Training
Optare Versa
25214 CN57BZA Reserve to Gloucester
Dennis Dart SLF Pointer
33307 AE51VFU Disposal to Sold
34402 VX53LCV Disposal to Sold
34681 PX05EKO Swindon to Reserve
34727 SP05EKZ Disposal to Sold
Optare Solo
47121 VX54LMJ Disposal to Sold
47365 SF06OVP Reserve to Sold
47387 SF56FLB Reserve to Swindon
Volvo Interurban
52300 N450XVA Training to Sold
All 9 sold vehicles have been sold to T Wigley for scrap and some have already been collected.

cambsy

On Moderation
Had a 65 plate interdeck on London-Exeter M6 overnight on Tuesday 18th October, are the 66 plate likely appear on M6 much?

Rapidash

Driver on the soon-to-be-46 yesterday was a bit baffled by the changes. According to him, the powers that be are claiming that it has lost half of its regular peak passengers due to the roadworks around Kingskerswell, and was no longer covering itself.

This seems to me atleast to be a nonsense, as a) the works were finished in the 1st quarter of the year, and b) it seems to me as a regular passenger in the mornings that it's even busier than before, and finally c) journey times are now quicker, even with the bridge Road expansion work.

Dunno why, all sounds odd to me.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Driver on the soon-to-be-46 yesterday was a bit baffled by the changes. According to him, the powers that be are claiming that it has lost half of its regular peak passengers due to the roadworks around Kingskerswell, and was no longer covering itself.

This seems to me atleast to be a nonsense, as a) the works were finished in the 1st quarter of the year, and b) it seems to me as a regular passenger in the mornings that it's even busier than before, and finally c) journey times are now quicker, even with the bridge Road expansion work.

Dunno why, all sounds odd to me.

Ok, take another view (being Devil's Advocate and all that).

Stagecoach aren't the sort of business to just pull a service and they have sought to improve the service. Therefore, why would they reduce it if, as you suggest, it is more popular and profitable than ever?

Rapidash

I don't know, which is annoying:p

Could be they are worried about the lack of space when the station is demolished? Would be interesting to see if similar changes happen to the other X routes soon.

First Gold MMC has arrived at Gloucester ready to be vinyls for the 94 relaunch.
Relaunch set for 14 November but might change depending on timetables delivery going smoothly.
SN66 VXU is the reg of the first one to arrive.

MarkC

Hi My first post on site so forgive me if I get this wrong? I was just wandering what people think Stagecoach future plans / network for Plymouth will look like? Will they be happy to play 2nd fiddle to Citybus/Go Ahead as they are now or fancy a bigger slice of the cake ??

Great forum by the way, very informative!

DaveHarries

Established Member
Speaking of new deliveries, the last round of Stagecoach orders included a number of Enviro200 MMCs to Stagecoach South Wales (Porth Depot). Anyone know when these are due?

Dave

Established Member
Hi My first post on site so forgive me if I get this wrong? I was just wandering what people think Stagecoach future plans / network for Plymouth will look like? Will they be happy to play 2nd fiddle to Citybus/Go Ahead as they are now or fancy a bigger slice of the cake ??

Great forum by the way, very informative!

I don't think they are that interested in Expanding down that way at the moment, they have enough problems to sort out in Devon before they think of expanding.

Rapidash

The MMC's are going all over Devon it appears, I saw one on Gold duties in Paignton the other day.

Feel free to order some to replace the boneshakers :lol:

Established Member
The MMC's are going all over Devon it appears, I saw one on Gold duties in Paignton the other day.

Feel free to order some to replace the boneshakers :lol:

The one's on the Gold duties in Torbay will be from the Plymouth batch.

The MMCs at Exeter have over the last couple of weeks been stretching their legs a bit as Road Closures on the 1 route meant it was single deckers only.

Rapidash

The one's on the Gold duties in Torbay will be from the Plymouth batch.

The MMCs at Exeter have over the last couple of weeks been stretching their legs a bit as Road Closures on the 1 route meant it was single deckers only.

Yup. Saw em on the 5, 9, 39 and others.

TheWalrus

Established Member
In Swindon it appears that Swindon borough council have withdrawn funding for Sunday routes 11A and 19. Any updates on the VOSA website? I suspect there will be something very soon.

DaveHarries

Established Member
In Swindon it appears that Swindon borough council have withdrawn funding for Sunday routes 11A and 19. Any updates on the VOSA website? I suspect there will be something very soon.
Indeed. Today (07-Nov-2016) in fact:

PH0005031/224 - CHELTENHAM & GLOUCESTER OMNIBUS CO LTD, 3RD FLOOR, 65 LONDON ROAD, GLOUCESTER, GL1 3HF
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Swindon, Bus Station and St Andrew's Ridge given service number 11A effective from 01-Jan-2017.

PH0005031/225 - CHELTENHAM & GLOUCESTER OMNIBUS CO LTD, 3RD FLOOR, 65 LONDON ROAD, GLOUCESTER, GL1 3HF
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Lawn and Haydon Wick given service number 19 effective from 01-Jan-2017.

Dave

g4mby

I think Stagecoach's web team need a little prompting to better recognise their "new" services in South Gloucestershire. If I tell the site I am in Yate it returns a location of Bristol but I am shown fares and service updates for the Gloucester area.

For specific South Gloucestershire information it appears that you need to "Plan a journey" and then follow various links for the fare options and service updates.

That is how I found South Gloucestershire Area Timetable Changes which has been "hidden" on the site for over 10 days now.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Quite a bit of Stagecoach South West stuff in the VOSA Bus Service registrations for 09-Nov-2016. Before I get to that, however, this entry, albeit not from Stagecoach, has appeared:

PH1132411/3 - C M COACHES LTD, UNIT 3, GRACE ROAD WEST, MARSH BARTON TRADING ESTATE, EXETER, EX2 8PU
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Exeter Bus Station
Finish Point: Torquay Strand
Via: Kennford, Penn Inn, Idford Dip
Service Number: X46
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Limited Stop
Effective Date: 28-NOV-2016
Other Details: Monday to Friday

so someone is trying to fill the gap. Anyway, as for Stagecoach South West, these are all effective 03-Jan-2017 unless stated:

Cancelled Registrations:
13 (Barnstaple - Rose Lane)
21B (Westward Ho! - Bideford College)
SR4 / P&R Blue (Exeter - Sowton Park & Ride)

Timetable Changes:
2 (Exeter - Newton Abbot)
5/5C (EXeter - Crediton / Chulmleigh)
5A/5B (Exeter - Hatherleigh/Winkleigh)
5A (Hatherleigh - Okehampton)
5B (Winkleigh - Great Torrington)
5B (Great Torrington - Barnstaple)
39 (Exeter - Newton Abbot)
85 (Barnstaple - Holsworthy)
85 (Holsworthy - Bude)
319 (Barnstaple - Hartland)
319 (Hartland - Bude)
X38 (Exeter - Buckfastleigh)
X38 (Buckfastleigh - Plymouth)

Route & Timetable Changes:
9 (Barnstaple Bus Station - Barnstaple Bus Station)
12 (Barnstaple Bus Station - Barnstaple Bus Station)
15A/15C (Barnstaple/East The Water - Appledore)
19 (Roundswell - North Devon District Hospital)
21/21A (Ilfracombe / Barnstaple - Appledore / Westward Ho!)
75/75A/75B (Barnstaple - Great Torrington)

New Registrations:
11C (Barnstaple Bus Station - Whiddon Valley)
14 (Bideford - Goaman Estate)
16 (Bideford, Westward Ho! & Appledore Circular)
372 (Bradworthy - Barnstaple)
641 (Bideford - Holsworthy) (wef 04-Jan-2017)

TravelineSW has Service 19 in Barnstaple as being Appledore - Bideford - Barnstaple - North Devon District Hospital so it looks as if the Roundswell - Appledore section is being dropped. I wonder, however, if the 21/21A may be revised to replace it? Both have changes to their Route & Timetable.

As for Service 75/75A/75B there is no reference to the Great Torrington - Okehampton section so it is not clear if that will survive. Meanwhile I am, however, surprised to see the cancellation of the Sowton Park & Ride but I expect a replacement registration will probably follow fairly soon.

HTIOI,
Dave

Last edited:

TheWalrus

Established Member
Maybe the Sowton Park&Ride will merge with the Matford or Honiton Road P&R?

DaveHarries

Established Member
Maybe the Sowton Park&Ride will merge with the Matford or Honiton Road P&R?
Quite possible. I considered either that or another registration of the SR4/P&R Blue as a separate route. On the matter of through services, wasn't there something like that with the Park & Ride in Gloucester a few years back? IIRC there was a through service from Waterwells P&R to St. Oswalds as Service 507 under the operation of Bennetts.

Dave

photo.php

All the Gold MMC's bar one have now arrived at Cheltenham.
All were branded at Gloucester's paintshop and moved to Cheltenham depot yesterday.
A few of them will be in operation in the next few days on Races shuttles before they officially launch on the 94 on Friday 18th.

Video filmed aboard the new vehicles can be seen here :
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...ucestershire/story-29881827-detail/story.html

A few will be in display in Cheltenham on the 18th at Cheltenham Racecourse then officially start work the following day (Sat 19th)

15521-27 will then go to Gloucester whilst 15528-32 will go to Stroud.

The MAN E300's coming from Aldershot to Stroud will be happenning as soon as Aldershot's delivery of their new MMC's is complete.
The first of the batch of 18 arrived at their base this morning and repainting of the Gold MAN's into unbranded gold has already started.

carlberry

Established Member
As for Service 75/75A/75B there is no reference to the Great Torrington - Okehampton section so it is not clear if that will survive. Meanwhile I am, however, surprised to see the cancellation of the Sowton Park & Ride but I expect a replacement registration will probably follow fairly soon.

HTIOI,
Dave[/QUOTE]
As that section is on a different licence it's survival is dependant on the other licence being changed.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Quality journalism at it's finest!!

These buses will be fitted with new engines!

And Gloucester bus station was demolished earlier this year which means, I assume, the one that's still standing is the new one!!! (or somebody didn't bother checking and just wrote some rubbish to fill the space).

DaveHarries

Established Member

HTIOI,
Dave
As that section is on a different licence it's survival is dependant on the other licence being changed.[/QUOTE]
Oh is it? Whose licence is the Torrington - Okehampton section on then?

Dave

carlberry

Established Member
As that section is on a different licence it's survival is dependant on the other licence being changed.
Oh is it? Whose licence is the Torrington - Okehampton section on then?

Dave[/QUOTE]

PH1020951/210 I think, it's not possible to check now!

Status
Not open for further replies.