• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Temple Meads

Established Member
Darlington is also known as Darlington Bank Top, Warrington Bank Quay also has the word "Bank" in it's name.

12CSVT

Established Member
Doncaster is a major interchange with many platforms and fast lines running through the middle

LE Greys

Established Member
Eastleigh also abuts one of the country's major railway works that used to manufacture trains as well as maintain them

Johnuk123

Established Member
Welwyn Garden City is another station with 4 platforms managed by First Capital Connect.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
milton keynes central is also in a place which as created as an overflow for london (should be in settlement association really lol)

Welshman

Established Member
st albans is also in a place which was a capital city

[By the way - of which country was St Alban's the Capital City?]

Gilberdyke

Kirkham & Wesham is the junction station for diverging routes to Blackpool from Preston; Gilberdyke for diverging routes to Doncaster from Hull.

Ivo

Established Member
Colchester also serves as a junction for a tourist hotspot. (Why anyone would want to go to Clacton for tourism is beyond me :roll:)

Robinson

Wrexham General is another example of a station which is less central than another in the settlement it serves, but which is more useful in terms of direct trains calling there.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
[By the way - of which country was St Alban's the Capital City?]

Sorry, I was told many moons ago that both Winchester and St Albans have both been capital cities in England's history. Though it seems, after a quick google, this is not true and apologize.

Originally posted by Johnuk123

Leuchars is another station that is very close to an R.A.F. base.

Derby is also a station where Britain's longest scheduled train service stops en-route to Penzance from Aberdeen

Welshman

Established Member
Sorry, I was told many moons ago that both Winchester and St Albans have both been capital cities in England's history. Though it seems, after a quick google, this is not true and apologize.

Derby is also a station where Britain's longest scheduled train service stops en-route to Penzance from Aberdeen

Don't worry - no apology necessary. I knew St Alban's was an important city in Roman times, and just wondered if I'd missed something as history is not my strongest subject![/I

Sorry - Leeds posting withdrawn as ATWalex101 pipped me to the post.