• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
The third station to serve the conurbation of Lytham St Annes is Ansdell and Fairhaven, which is adjacent to the Royal Lytham St Annes Golf Club.

SteveyBee131

Dore & Totley is a shadow of it's former self, it once had more platforms to enable trains on both sides of the nearby junction to be platformed. The same is true at Ambergate.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I wonder whether people go to the similar sounding station called Eccles Road in error? This station is on the Breckland Line between Cambridge and Norwich, many miles away from the North of England.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Broughty Ferry is the oldest railway station in Scotland which is still in operation; Reston is the newest station in Scotland.

Springs Branch

Established Member
Frinton-on-Sea is also in Tendring District.
A quick reminder about the rail-related rule in this quiz . . . .
. . . . I say a station and the person below would say another station that has something in common with it. It doesn't have to be unique, but try and make it as different as possible and please ensure that all associations are rail related: a separate game exists for non rail related links.

Purple Train

Established Member
A quick reminder about the rail-related rule in this quiz . . . .
I wondered whether it might have been valid under the district's association with the original railway company, being named after it; however, once again, I am left suitably shamefaced by my total lack of observation of the rules!
(On another note: what happens now?)