• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Storm Doris Thursday 23rd - Major disruption on some routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsr

Established Member
Tree obstructing both the Up & Down Fast 1/4 mile north of Streatham North Jn. This is closing the Fasts for all services between Selhurst and Balham. Train struck it; not damaged.

Holmwood tree gone.

Numerous foliage incidents on the Uckfield Line but services generally now running.

Door lying on the 3rd rail at Chichester earlier has caused currently ongoing delays.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
1E10 1000 EDB-KGX looks fun and games. Went from 1L through Dunbar to 157L through Oxwellmains. Came through Northallerton 179L four mins ago. I smell delay repay!

On a side note-would they compensate for a weather-related delay? I presume not.

Schemes marked as Delay Repay generally compensate, older schemes generally don't.

IIRC VTEC will compensate as it's a newer franchise, thus offering Delay Repay.

howittpie

According EMT twitter they have ticket acceptance in place on Trentbarton Red Arrow between Nottingham and Derby, NET between Nottingham and Hucknall and on Stagecoach buses in Lincolnshire.

tsr

Established Member
Just noticed 2J57 was held at Selhurst for a while, causing major congestion for the Down Slow, which is where all southbound trains have to now run...

Reports that's now cleared.

Just seen that, edited accordingly.

Out of their control. SWT certainly don't.

On a side note, SWT have suspended all Dorking, Hampton Court and Chessington services UFN.

See above. SWT's scheme is much older than Delay Repay (in fact, one of the oldest national network compensation schemes around) which is now almost unique in not offering compensation for delays outside their control.

Last edited:

Qwerty133

Established Member
@londonmidland telling people to ask later, but before 7pm as there closing as normal in response to a number of questions. Surely theres some manager or other who could keep the twitter feed going past 7pm...

gavin

The Fen Line is suspended. Buses have been requested to run between Ely and Kings Lynn

GW43125

Established Member
1C30 STP rounder diverted via CBW, initially planned to run fast AFK-STP but Ebbsfleet and Stratford seem to have now been reinstated.

danpick

1E10 1000 EDB-KGX looks fun and games. Went from 1L through Dunbar to 157L through Oxwellmains. Came through Northallerton 179L four mins ago. I smell delay repay!

On a side note-would they compensate for a weather-related delay? I presume not.

1Y82 is worse just passed Huntingdon 218L, and was in PBO for 165 minutes, it should've left KGX 140 minutes ago as 1S18,1F18 was tried, that's cancelled also....

tsr

Established Member
Tree cleared at Whyteleafe - but heavy delays across the Southern Metro due to the tree near Streatham North Jn and the earlier one at Brockley, as well as the earlier Sutton/Ewell East incidents.

The Fen Line is suspended. Buses have been requested to run between Ely and Kings Lynn

Has been that way for a couple of hours. OHLE down at Downham Market.

misterredmist

I'm currently sitting at Birmingham New Street. I've boarded a train to Glasgow but it moved forward about 50 metres and it's been stopped for 30 minutes now just further along the platform. Apparently it's tain crew that's the issue.

I was supposed to be on the 1.30 from Bristol to Newcastle, but decided to just come straight back this morning so got the 9.30 instead.

Long, long day!

you've got a suitable member name for the day ! Good Luck, I hope you and all others delayed in transit get moving safely, soon.

tsr

Established Member
No service Royston-Kings Lynn; section of line through Downham Market may now end up being closed until end of service.

NCL/Hertford Loop badly affected by power issues around Holloway - however it might perhaps be able to be worked around soon.

GW43125

Established Member
SWT appear to be shortening the WoE services. Turning back at Honiton/Basingstoke.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Everything was suspended in and out of Manchester and Liverpool earlier. I'm not sure how many services have resumed.

Warrington Central station is now open to passengers, having previously been closed due to storm damage.

According to Northern's Twitter feed they've had problems at Sheffield due to overhead electrics being down (I didn't think they were ever up in the first place!)

Must be really up the wall if there's a school train still running at 1300 <D:lol:

Would be very late up here as the schools started half-term last Friday!

GW43125

Established Member
Don't have a headcode to hand but a down reading service has just been turned at Virginia Water.

EDIT: the following train is 5 late so must have been about 20 late at least
It's just come empties through Egham, could be off to Staines sidings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.