• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT smartcards can be used on Stagecoach buses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Blimey, Ohec journalists need to leave their comfy chairs behind and go out take more pictures.

wintonian

Established Member
Stagecoach South Western Trains do though.

Yes but if you’re doing an article on integrated transport, I find it quiet nice when the picture is of somewhere where the proposed integration will happen, e.g. Basingstoke, Aldershot, Farnborough etc.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I'm more concerned about the fact that they showed a picture of a train no longer existing.

ajdunlop

As far as I can work out all this trial is doing is to allow a few people with their season tickets on Stagecoach Smart smart cards to also store a Megarider ticket on the same card. Given PlusBus is cheaper than Megarider this is going to be a waste of money for everyone in the trial. I also don't understand why they aren't enabling non rail season ticket holders to use the Stagecoach Smart for their standalone Megariders given this is fully rolled out in other regions and everything must be setup for it in Basingstoke for the rail-bus trial.
Although I should go easy on Stagecoach as the only one of the big transport companies who are investing to hard cash in rolling out equipment across all their companies.

pemma

Veteran Member
I'm more concerned about the fact that they showed a picture of a train no longer existing.

At least they've shown a picture of a train that was being used by SWT at the time of it being taken - that's better than some articles.

TUC

Established Member
It does speak volumes about the preoccupatons of some rail enthusiasts that they are more concerned about the wrong train being in a photo than giving their views on the development in the article.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Aye, EMT already have a smartcard out on trial around Derby IIRC. VT I doubt on the basis that Virgin, not SC (despite the share) are the operator.

transmanche

Established Member
Although I should go easy on Stagecoach as the only one of the big transport companies who are investing to hard cash in rolling out equipment across all their companies.
If you're referring to SWT & EMT; it's a franchise commitment. If referring to their buses; all major bus groups have installed/are installing similar equipment.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
It does speak volumes about the preoccupatons of some rail enthusiasts that they are more concerned about the wrong train being in a photo than giving their views on the development in the article.

Really? Nothing wrong about noticing the details. ;)

It is a positive step forward, and no one is denying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.