• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink/ Class 700 Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CraigS

Established Member
The DEMU Motor Coaches have now left Three Bridges and returned to St Leonards yesterday afternoon/evening.

I believe 73202 is now due to come down to Three Bridges from Stewarts Lane at some point.

Yabbadabba

On its way home, just after coming out of the depot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 313

RobShipway

Established Member
On its way home, just after coming out of the depot.

Lovely photo, thank you for sharing.

So will Three Bridges be a temporary home for now for 73202 during the testing of the class 700 or will be going backwards and forwards from Stewarts Lane?

Last edited:

4-COR 3142

The last I saw of it was road No10 which is the shed road furthest from the main line.

Silly question but at Three Bridges is that in the shed on the east side of the BML or the one on the west?

Is it right to assume that 106 is here to help with staff training during Sept. & Oct. as it was said earlier that it's test runs weren't starting until November?

Class377/5

Established Member
Lovely photo, thank you for sharing.

So will Three Bridges be a temporary home for now for 73202 during the testing of the class 700 or will be going backwards and forwards from Stewarts Lane?

Again I ask why do you think this after I've answered your question? The 73 isn't required at Three Bridges.

Silly question but at Three Bridges is that in the shed on the east side of the BML or the one on the west?

Is it right to assume that 106 is here to help with staff training during Sept. & Oct. as it was said earlier that it's test runs weren't starting until November?

Five road shed is n the Up (west) side. Down side is the under frame cleaning building thats one road.

106 is for static testing currently. It might be out in November but test runs start before that.

Last edited:

RobShipway

Established Member
Again I ask why do you think this after I've answered your question? The 73 isn't required at Three Bridges.

Five road shed is n the Up (west) side. Down side is the under frame cleaning building thats one road.

106 is for static testing currently. It might be out in November but test runs start before that.

The question was not previously asked by me, it was asked by SpacePhoenix who was asking if it was going to become a permanent resident, where I was asking if it would be a temporary resident trying to find out whether it will just be resident during the testing of the class 700's?

Class377/5

Established Member
The question was not previously asked by me, it was asked by SpacePhoenix who was asking if it was going to become a permanent resident, where I was asking if it would be a temporary resident trying to find out whether it will just be resident during the testing of the class 700's?

No. Its not needed for testing, just like how it wasn't required for 387 testing.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Will 73202 now be a permanent resident loco at Three Bridges?

Ah right. Since the Hastings unit has left Three Bridges. As I understand it from "Class377/5"s reply below there is no further requirement for a diesel at Three Bridges so 73202 would not be in the frame at all. Is that correct ?.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
No. Its not needed for testing, just like how it wasn't required for 387 testing.

Last edited:

Class377/5

Established Member
Ah right. Since the Hastings unit has left Three Bridges. As I understand it from "Class377/5"s reply below there is no further requirement for a diesel at Three Bridges so 73202 would not be in the frame at all. Is that correct ?

Correct. There maybe some 700 news next month. Currently its static testing only.

physics34

Established Member
Going on about liveries again, the doors seem to be a slightly lighter shade of blue than that on the GN 365s and TL 319s. I wonder if this will be changed.

Class377/5

Established Member
Going on about liveries again, the doors seem to be a slightly lighter shade of blue than that on the GN 365s and TL 319s. I wonder if this will be changed.

That the final livery. All trains running around are final production models. Lighting can affect shade but they would be the same. Not that it matters if they aren't, not to mention its off topic anyway.

physics34

Established Member
That the final livery. All trains running around are final production models. Lighting can affect shade but they would be the same. Not that it matters if they aren't, not to mention its off topic anyway.

It's not vastly off topic! 365s/319s are darker.

Class377/5

Established Member
It's not vastly off topic! 365s/319s are darker.

Its the 700 construction thread. Posts about pointless varations in shades (where lighting may be affecting) of other units should be done in other threads.

If this thread is going to desend in livery shades then I'm off.

asylumxl

Established Member
Its the 700 construction thread. Posts about pointless varations in shades (where lighting may be affecting) of other units should be done in other threads.

I wasn't aware you were a moderator?

I'm not a fan of discussion of livery either, but it would be amusing to find that the paint or vinyl isn't even correctly colour matched. Let's face it, a lot of commuters haven't got a high opinion of Govia and it'd be another thing for them to joke about.

Class377/5

Established Member
I wasn't aware you were a moderator?

I'm not a fan of discussion of livery either, but it would be amusing to find that the paint or vinyl isn't even correctly colour matched. Let's face it, a lot of commuters haven't got a high opinion of Govia and it'd be another thing for them to joke about.

I'm not and never claimed to be. I refuse (which is my choice) to add to a thread where livery shades are debated. However opinions of Govia are not wht this thread is for either. Not that the 700 have been influenced by Govia bar the Thameslink logo on the side.

Aictos

Established Member
Does it really matter what livery the 700s have as long as they carry passengers from A to B as safely as possible?

You could give it a bright pink livery for all I care, the only thing that should matter is ensuring the testing is successful over here and it has a successful launch next year.

Besides there are more important things to worry about such as infrastructure improvements north of Royston and St Neots on the GN to enable the 700s to be used on the GN then some livery.

D365

Veteran Member
Besides there are more important things to worry about such as infrastructure improvements north of Royston and St Neots on the GN to enable the 700s to be used on the GN then some livery.

Not really improvements so much as a few structural modifications. Network Rail have done all the worrying, the East Coast routes will be ready well in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.