• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Trainee Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDS2015

No idea. Been waiting 2 weeks. I thought they would have got back sooner.

Im in the same boat here, was called and informed id passed stage 2 and GTR would contact me to advise date of the DMI. Getting on for 3 weeks now and nothing. Tried the GTR recruitment line which seems to constantly go to voicemail :(
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Wish I knew as well. Ive had neither as yet and starting to get twitchy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sikes 88

I have been waiting approx 5 weeks for a date for dm interview. My girlfriend who works for the company was talking about some sort of change over. So that might be a reason for the delay

l0c0m0t1ve

Hi Guys just a quick question, whilst waiting for a DM interview, do HR send you a letter to your home address of let you know by email?

Thank you.

I assumed it would be by post, I got a letter informing me I passed the second stage.
Im in the same boat here, was called and informed id passed stage 2 and GTR would contact me to advise date of the DMI. Getting on for 3 weeks now and nothing. Tried the GTR recruitment line which seems to constantly go to voicemail :(
Wish I knew as well. Ive had neither as yet and starting to get twitchy

Same here! Checking the post everyday.

People keep asking if I've heard anything yet.

Starting to wonder if they think I made they whole thing up :cry::p

SeanR69

They are trying to arrange dates and get managers available for them - many are actually taking training course so it might be a wait - also the recruitment team are busy, still testing so may need to wait to see how many finally get through before sending out interview dates.

TufAhmLuton

They are trying to arrange dates and get managers available for them - many are actually taking training course so it might be a wait - also the recruitment team are busy, still testing so may need to wait to see how many finally get through before sending out interview dates.

Sorry. SeanR69 doesn't know what he's talking about.

I've worked for Thameslink for a while and i know a few more people than he does so he shouldn't be putting incorrect information like this up.

MickyB89

hopefully mine comes through soon then!
3 days notice???

l0c0m0t1ve

Also been waiting almost three weeks, just missed a call from a mobile from the recruitment (d'oh) but I have an email for 17th April DM interview :D

Good Stuff! Best of luck to you.

I guess those of us still waiting should make sure we do our research and brush up on the company etc. if the interview is at such short notice.

SeanR69

Sorry. SeanR69 doesn't know what he's talking about.

I've worked for Thameslink for a while and i know a few more people than he does so he shouldn't be putting incorrect information like this up.

Dealt with via PM - the facts stand that it was from our tutor before the poster above arrived and missed the conversation. All those waiting - read up on the company and be yourself not what you think they want you to be

Last edited:

rey89iceman

TufAhmLuton, learn some respect and listen more in your classes. You may in fact learn that what SeanR69 said is correct.

trickytrucker

I passed! took the interview, all went well. All I can say is brush up on the company, commitments, routes etc. And when asked the questions, be honest and yourself.
Got a call from HR stating I passed highly, so they are arranging the medical and want me to start the training June. Happy is an understatement :D

They are extremely busy, so they will get to everyone.

Congratulations!! I passed yesterday too, have been given a date for my medical and was also advised about start dates in June. Did they give you any idea of which depot you'll be based at?

traintraining

I passed! took the interview, all went well. All I can say is brush up on the company, commitments, routes etc. And when asked the questions, be honest and yourself.
Got a call from HR stating I passed highly, so they are arranging the medical and want me to start the training June. Happy is an understatement :D

They are extremely busy, so they will get to everyone.

Congratulations!!! Really pleased for you!

If you dont mind can i ask what questions they asked you??

trickytrucker

I live just outside Hitchin so was told I would likely be on the GN line rather than Bedford although like you wouldn't say no.
Do you have a medical date yet?

trickytrucker

I sat my 2nd assessments 23rd march (incase weve already met), I was offered next week, but earliest I can get off work is 2nd week of may, so Ill talk to HR Monday and see what I can come up with. Pretty much want the medical done so I can secure the course. How about yourself?

I've managed to get a day off for my medical on Wednesday by working today instead, can you throw a sicky at work to get a bit of time off? Difficult I know but could be worth any aggro from work.

Hoody

Morning everyone,

I've got my stage 2 assessments for GTR this coming Friday in Watford, am concerned about the ATAVT test more than any of the others. I've read on other threads that very few fail this part but looking at the you tube clip it seems the hardest part.

How did everyone find that part of the assessment?

TomHaley

I wouldn't worry too much, it's not as bad as you may think. The bit most of the people on my course found the worst was the MMI, the computerised tests are all fairly easy, you get a practice at each one anyway.

387star

On Moderation
I wouldn't worry too much, it's not as bad as you may think. The bit most of the people on my course found the worst was the MMI, the computerised tests are all fairly easy, you get a practice at each one anyway.

Yeah all the tests are a breeze in relation to the MMI

Hoody

Thanks guys,

I'm trying not to get too nervous but easier said than done. By no means am I confident about the MMI but I'm lucky in that my job has given me plenty of experience and hopefully some good examples. Time will tell I suppose.

Thanks again.

trickytrucker

Make sure you give good examples of safety, rules and procedures, safety, concentration, safety and safety.
Just like assessment 1 accuracy and speed is essential but take your time with the examples.
Just a little tip for you count the grey squares between the dark ones this helps with concentration.

traintraining

Make sure you give good examples of safety, rules and procedures, safety, concentration, safety and safety.
Just like assessment 1 accuracy and speed is essential but take your time with the examples.
Just a little tip for you count the grey squares between the dark ones this helps with concentration.

Hi trickytrucker, congratulations on passing! Im at the dm interview stage could you provide me with some tips and the types of questions that were asked?

Grateful for your advice

A-driver

Established Member
Well, I was going to call HR Monday to see if I could be weds too, but ive lost my specs, so trip down opticians today, it will take at least a week for my new pair, bought a spare as well. I hope it wont deter them from booking me on June course as Im planning on giving my notice tomorrow as I need to give 2mths.

I would strongly advise against handing any notice in until you I've signed your contract with GTR. Your employment is currently subject to medical and you have nothing in writing to garantee you a job with them.

387star

On Moderation
Hitchin was't originally advertised? They often add depots not originally listed it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.