• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The GTR talent pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bucko

Thing is, last time an email went round, a load of us got it the day after some others.

Wonder if we'll all get this, or not ?

You guys that did, what depot you after?

Sgiot

Ok, have just spoken to Doreen, who was very patient with my questions and was happy to put my mind at rest.
All they require is that you fill the registration page and submit it. Don't complete the whole application again. I indicated that I felt uneasy that my place in the process might be effected or worst still I might be lost 'in the system' . She was able to immediately pull up my application on file and reassure me of my place in the scheme of things. She even went as far as to say that I could even be looking at an April / May start for KX. I certainly won't hold her to that as we've seen how timescales change, but it's certainly not doom and gloom.
And before anyone asks.........no, I didn't ask about Bedford ! ??????

Bucko

Ok, have just spoken to Doreen, who was very patient with my questions and was happy to put my mind at rest.
All they require is that you fill the registration page and submit it. Don't complete the whole application again. I indicated that I felt uneasy that my place in the process might be effected or worst still I might be lost 'in the system' . She was able to immediately pull up my application on file and reassure me of my place in the scheme of things. She even went as far as to say that I could even be looking at an April / May start for KX. I certainly won't hold her to that as we've seen how timescales change, but it's certainly not doom and gloom.
And before anyone asks.........no, I didn't ask about Bedford ! ��

Any idea why they require applicants to re-submit ?

Sgiot

Not really, but she did say that it was sent on her managers request, which I take as a good sign.

El-Alamein

And before anyone asks.........no, I didn't ask about Bedford ! ��

So this new website is completely separate from the old Thameslink Site? The reason i ask is i tried to log on with my email address and it doesn't recognise it. To say i am worried now is an understatement as i've been waiting since June (not very long granted) and noticed people who have passed after me getting offered a start date.

I'm probably over reacting but understandably as i would like knowledge i WILL get a start date before i'm asked to re do any of the stages.

Wallicio

I'm same as you, but haven't seen anyone getting a Bedford course who passed medical after me? (July)
Yeah courses in LDN etc but not Bedford.

Bucko

Any advances on those who rec'd that email asking to re-submit from yesterday?

For the record I havent

RedZed

Any advances on those who rec'd that email asking to re-submit from yesterday?

For the record I havent

I followed the link which asked me to re-register my details. On completion, you are then presented with a new application form which it asks you to complete (which I didn't).
An email response from Doreen this morning advises only to complete the registration and ignore the new application as she can see that I am in the talent pool (waiting for medical / Bedford).

Wallicio

Ah, I never got one of these emails.
Done the medical though guess that's why I never got one.
Anyone done their medical been asked to reregister?

Scattle

Ah, I never got one of these emails.
Done the medical though guess that's why I never got one.
Anyone done their medical been asked to reregister?
Ive not recieved one and I haven't had the medical, so not sure thats the case.

traintraining

When was the last Bedford course ?

November, Bedford courses have been few and far between.... Hoping when they finally release start dates they will have 3-4 pretty close together verrrry soon.... Cant carry on waiting like this much longer

Last edited:

SweetMate

Anyone heard anything else yet?
I rung up but still no updates on Bedford, hoping that we all do actually get a start date soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.