• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The GTR talent pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty1208

Hi I applied in February last year had my DMI August 2015, still waiting for medical.

Awaiting Bedford

12 miles away

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

El-Alamein

For info guys, I've passed my medical, last summer

Bucko I apologise I miss read you message the list has been amended accordingly.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Awaiting Bedford Depot;
Tenthghost
Wilko5816
Bucko – Feb 2015 (Medical Passed)
Dr1323 - Feb 15 (Medical Passed)
TrainTraining – Feb 2015 (Medical Passed)

Blur Fan
Choochoo216
vavavoom
bILLOO
El-Alamein – Nov 2014 (Medical Passed)
Gordo - Feb 2015 (Medical Passed)
Wallicio – Feb 2015 (Medical Passed)
jonthetaxi
WDS2015 – Feb 2015 (Medical Passed)
JobbyP89 – Feb 2015 (Medical Passed)

RedZed – April 2015 (Awaiting Medical)
RobcUK - Feb 2015 (Awaiting Medical)
RogerLong – (Medical Passed)
SweeMate - (Medical Passed)
Treadstone
Dusty1208 - Feb 2015 (Awaiting Medical

Total = 21

Last edited:

Gordo

Bucko I apologise I miss read you message the list has been amended accordingly.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Awaiting Bedford Depot;
Tenthghost
Wilko5816
Bucko – Feb 2015 (Medical Passed)
Dr1323 - Feb 15 (Medical Passed)
TrainTraining – Feb 2015 (Medical Passed)

Blur Fan
Choochoo216
vavavoom
bILLOO
El-Alamein – Nov 2014 (Medical Passed)
Gordo
Wallicio – Feb 2015 (Medical Passed)
jonthetaxi
WDS2015 – Feb 2015 (Medical Passed)
JobbyP89 – Feb 2015 (Medical Passed)

RedZed – April 2015 (Awaiting Medical)
RobcUK - Feb 2015 (Awaiting Medical)
RogerLong – (Medical Passed)
SweeMate
Treadstone
Dusty1208 - Feb 2015 (Awaiting Medical

Total = 21

Applied Feb 15 passed medical, been praying for a call ever since.

465fan

Course starting on March 21st. Sounds like this is for "GN South" - some people Hornsey, some KGX.

SweetMate

Thanks, I'm not sure, haven't been told much at all it could be possible, just a waiting game again from now but if I hear anything I'll let everyone know.

dr1323

Thanks, you too, hopefully the wait won't be too much longer for everyone on here

It can't be too long if your an internal and they have sent you for a medical for the Bedford position there has to be a course any day now

Sgiot

I had a phone call on the 15th of Feb offering me a position on the course starting on March 21st for KX too. I didn't post anything on here at the time as I was yet to take my medical, and at 48 , never having an ecg before I didn't want to tempt fate. My medical was last Friday at head office in Croydon. I received the results (pass) on Monday and my contact arrived yesterday. I was told 'probably' May, not much more than a month ago, so to be offered the 21/03 came completely out of the blue. I can only assume that my living in north London had some influence on that.

Robcuk

I had a phone call on the 15th of Feb offering me a position on the course starting on March 21st for KX too. I didn't post anything on here at the time as I was yet to take my medical, and at 48 , never having an ecg before I didn't want to tempt fate. My medical was last Friday at head office in Croydon. I received the results (pass) on Monday and my contact arrived yesterday. I was told 'probably' May, not much more than a month ago, so to be offered the 21/03 came completely out of the blue. I can only assume that my living in north London had some influence on that.

Congratulations - I had a 55 year old in my class last year and he was great on road knowledge. The only downside for him was annual medicals.

Scattle

Congratulations for the start date mate, I know we have spoken before and we had our DMI the same week as each other back in late July and were both waiting for Kings X.

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet, still waiting a Medical/Start Date phone call, could well be that you live in North London that you've been given a date like you've mentioned, as I'm further out in Essex.

Sgiot

Thanks for the 'congrats' :)
Hi Scattle. Yeah, I remember us discussing about both wanting KX. While I'm thrilled and relieved to be starting a course, I'm still well aware that there are guys who are still patiently waiting and some who actually had a start date for KX, only to have that subsequently rescinded . I'm also sensitive to the fact that I've only just had my medical when others had their medical 6/7 months ago and still wait for a London course. The feedback that I've received lately from HR is that courses will continue throughout 2016 and that all will eventually get on a course. I have no reason to presume that isn't accurate, so my fingers are crossed for all those still waiting. Just hang in there ! .

WDS2015

Come on hr let today be the day

Trudy has said twice early summer for Bedford and I'm reading nothing that changes that. The start dates given are for GN not TL

Don't think we will be getting calls at all this month for Bedford

Amex88

Yeah I agree. Start dates will be for summer for Bedford. And kings cross will be October. Bit of a long wait tbh.

Amex88

Yeah that's what I was told. Rang up just to ask for updates. Seems quite far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.