• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Railway:First Great Western Series 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is a new four part series starting on Thursday 4th Dec at 20:00 on Channel 5:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

332 > 444

Where can i find All Aboard East Coast Trains, i don't have Sky channels or Go....?

Program doesn't make them out as bad as people say, just the "First" name that leaves bad taste in peoples mouth.

TDK

Established Member
That would be Caffrey's Irish Ale then! ;)

Caffreys 455? Commercial crap lol - If ever you get a chance have a pint of Salopian Oracle or Fullers ESB or Shepherd Neames 1698 top ales :) Bump by the way

fgwrich

Established Member
Caffreys 455? Commercial crap lol - If ever you get a chance have a pint of Salopian Oracle or Fullers ESB or Shepherd Neames 1698 top ales :) Bump by the way

Mmm. Had a pint of that in Shrewsbury last Saturday! But sticking close to the route of the Great Western (see, a link there ;)) Sharp's Atlantic Pale Ale is very much my favourite at the moment!

455driver

Veteran Member
I do try to stick with local (st ozzle) breweries but sometimes needs must!
I must try that Exeter brewery as well at some stage.

Hyphen

Swansea (previously Nottingham/Sheffield)
Where can i find All Aboard East Coast Trains, i don't have Sky channels or Go....?

If you'd asked a couple of months ago, I'd have had the lot on my DVR. Sadly, they seem to have expired (forgot to set them not to).

Last seen on terrestrial (Pick TV was it?) in August. Not planned to be on again in the immediate future (i.e. within the next week), but knowing how these channels churn through content, it probably won't be long before it's back on!

SWTH

Going a fair way off topic here, but Salopian do some very good brews - Shropshire Gold is excellent. St. Austell do some good beers such as Trelawny, Proper Job and Big Job, but Tribute is too common and not their best effort. Skinners tend to be more what the locals drink (Keel Over, Cornish Knocker and Ginger Tosser are all good), but again I'd say their most well-known beer (Betty Stogs) isn't their best.

Devon - Cotleigh Brewery is good, their Commando Hoofing is very good.

samuelmorris

Established Member
In all seriousness, what are they finding to film stuff about? It might not bother me but I do wonder if there's really much call for yet another series like this - after the original series of this, All Aboard:East Coast Trains and The Railway:Keeping Britain on Track, what else is there to cover?

Darandio

Established Member
Things such as the Dawlish collapse, electrification etc. The first series of this did concentrate on many engineering matters and didn't have 31 pop hits per episode.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Unfortunately I lost a few weeks wages because of delays on FGW. I wonder why they cannot run longer trains instead of those rubbish turbos. I wonder what the passenger per hour capacity is compared to Southern and SWT which have 12 coaches normally

455driver

Veteran Member
Unfortunately I lost a few weeks wages because of delays on FGW. I wonder why they cannot run longer trains instead of those rubbish turbos. I wonder what the passenger per hour capacity is compared to Southern and SWT which have 12 coaches normally

Because the DaFT wont give them longer trains!
You know just like every other TOC in the Country who are screaming out for extra stock!

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Just stumbled across this on TV - tuned 10 mins ago in to find one of my old chums talking, and another 3 on so far. It's like Facebook on telly!

455driver

Veteran Member
Not a bad program, quite enjoyable (in a sadistic sort of way) watching the Network go into meltdown. :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Behave! :lol: Better not mention me sprouts then ;) .

How are your plums Today? ;)

tony6499

Shocking how bad those storms were and the damage they did and yet you still get some idiots moaning about the delays and he couldn't cook his girlfriends tea

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Not a bad program, quite enjoyable (in a sadistic sort of way) watching the Network go into meltdown. :lol:

Agreed I thought it was a much better effort than 1st series episodes and a bit more coherent than Eastcoast one.
The guy in charge at Dawlish scene for Network Rail was cool as a cucumber
Although thought keeping Britain on track was best one
Shocking how bad those storms were and the damage they did and yet you still get some idiots moaning about the delays and he couldn't cook his girlfriends tea

The moron at Reading saying "excuses excuses " needed a talking to

trainophile

Established Member
Really good episode, and not a stag party in sight! Next week we have a rugby crowd apparently, so more like the original series. Think they used all the good stuff (i.e. most interesting) up tonight :| .

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Really good episode, and not a stag party in sight! Next week we have a rugby crowd apparently, so more like the original series. Think they used all the good stuff (i.e. most interesting) up tonight :| .

I'm guessing there'll be a fair bit more on the filling up of the Dawlish hole to come. The famous containers haven't even made an appearance yet !

Looks like they've chosen a good year to film.

Darandio

Established Member

Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the unrelated East Coast series?

Series 1 was very well done, with a lot of focus on engineering.

trainophile

Established Member
It occurred to me that it was quite a coincidence that they were filming in the control room almost from the start of the bad weather. Quite professionally edited too, you could hear what people were saying, and they showed us their planning screens as things developed. It's as if they knew this was going to be momentous, and had arranged for a film crew to be set up ready for the action.

Not to mention the film crews who must have been on the platforms. I wonder if those irate passengers knew they were being filmed. Wonder if they had to give their permission to be on the programme. After all, not everyone is where they are meant to be at all times ;) .
Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the unrelated East Coast series?

Series 1 was very well done, with a lot of focus on engineering.

Possibly. I watched them all and can't remember exactly what happened in each one. Come to think of it, FGW trains don't quite seem "stag party friendly". Yeah, the hen party that sticks in my mind was at Newcastle, so I'm probably wrong in what I wrote - sorry FGW :oops: .

Edit - it's all coming back to me now, it was Festivals!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.