• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Mark 5A coaching stock progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fokx

Didn’t it do pretty much every reversal possible? i.e. reverse at Salford, travel via Rochdale, reverse at Huddersfield, reverse at Leeds then travel via Casvegas?

1P05 only reverses at Huddersfield platform 4.

It’s the Calder Valley diversion without Salford Central or Methley

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CW2

Established Member
1P05 only reverses at Huddersfield platform 4.

It’s the Calder Valley diversion without Salford Central or Methley
That may well be the case for the WTT path, but there were STP variations nearly every week, which added on the variations listed previously.

matacaster

On Moderation
TPE seem to have a problem with driver training, but reported yesterday that other tocs have come up with innovative training mathods and have secured union agreement. Why are TPE and /or unions unable to work together instead of inconveniencing public as this has been an issue for ages?

Jamesrob637

Established Member
I have refreshed Journey Check once a day for the last few days over the festive period and one diagram has been 3-car instead of 5 each day. Bit worrying when only 3 sets are currently out each day. Today it's the turn of the diagram which ends at Manchester Airport. Of course things could change it currently being only just after 10am.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I have refreshed Journey Check once a day for the last few days over the festive period and one diagram has been 3-car instead of 5 each day. Bit worrying when only 3 sets are currently out each day. Today it's the turn of the diagram which ends at Manchester Airport. Of course things could change it currently being only just after 10am.
If something goes wrong at the Scarborough end then a 185 has to substitute for the hauled set. Remember that they are effectively operating a 3-day cycle whereby the 68+set starts Manchester on day 1, works across the Pennines, does Scarborough to York shuttles for the next three days before returning to Manchester. If something goes wrong on day 1, that is a 185 for the rest of the three days.

I doubt there is much impetus to send a fresh set across the Pennines empty when a 185 can do the job instead.

Roger B

68034 and TP02 (spare DT) today, Carlisle - Crewe, and possibly on to Longsight.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/C23313/2021-03-04/detailed
Wow - rare outing for 12814, thanks Spartacus. I have just received an email from the 'coaching stock' group saying the consist is: 12802 12706 12805 12704 11502 and 68034 - no mention of 12814. Can anyone confirm whether 12814's on this or not? Are there any sightings of it en route? Thanks again Spartacus for the heads-up.

Spartacus was on the money! It was 12814, running with the rest of TP02.

It had another outing today, Manchester International Depot - Carlisle, then down to Crewe, and back to Manchester International Depot via Wilmslow.

I saw the combo at Gatley, whilst out on my daily walk. Happy days! But I only just got there in time: it left Crewe 1 min early, but was 30 early through Gatley. The actual timings for Sandbach, and points north, only appeared on RTT after it had thundered through Gatley. A consolation for yesterday, when early running caused me to miss it by four minutes.

Last edited:

_toommm_

Established Member
Wow - rare outing for 12814, thanks Spartacus. I have just received an email from the 'coaching stock' group saying the consist is: 12802 12706 12805 12704 11502 and 68034 - no mention of 12814. Can anyone confirm whether 12814's on this or not? Are there any sightings of it en route? Thanks again Spartacus for the heads-up.

Spartacus was on the money! It was 12814, running with the rest of TP02.

It had another outing today, Manchester International Depot - Carlisle, then down to Crewe, and back to Manchester International Depot via Wilmslow.

I saw the combo at Gatley, whilst out on my daily walk. Happy days! But I only just got there in time: it left Crewe 1 min early, but was 30 early through Gatley. The actual timings for Sandbach, and points north, only appeared on RTT after it had thundered through Gatley. A consolation for yesterday, when early running caused me to miss it by four minutes.

Sandbach timing points have been delayed for a few days now, and it happened a few weeks ago too. Not sure what’s happening with the data feed or the TDs on that line.

CW2

Established Member
Back to three sets on December 2020 diagrams from end of month until December 2021 was the plan unless the reduction is being extended
The Dec 2020 timetable had four daily hauled diagrams, not three. If the info you have is correct (i.e. 3 not 4), do you know which diagrams they will be?

Established Member
The Dec 2020 timetable had four daily hauled diagrams, not three. If the info you have is correct (i.e. 3 not 4), do you know which diagrams they will be?
Did it? Presumably thats just additional swapping over at Scarborough on the shuttles then to use an extra set (and never happened?), as only one trip early/late over the Pennines.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This thread is for TPE Mk 5 coaching stock updates.

For Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables queries please use the Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables section; there is a thread here:-

CHAPS2034

Just seen a MK5 set being pulled near Cheadle Hulme on this working from Gascoigne Wood. Presumably one returning after storage or going to Crewe for more storage?

Think the loco was 68023 or 025, but set not identified due to driving rain and gale force winds

sjpowermac

Established Member
Just seen a MK5 set being pulled near Cheadle Hulme on this working from Gascoigne Wood. Presumably one returning after storage or going to Crewe for more storage?

Think the loco was 68023 or 025, but set not identified due to driving rain and gale force winds

Today’s trains were hauled by 68025 ‘Superb’; TP09 to Gascoigne Wood and TP05 to Crewe Basford Hall. As I understand it, 68025 and TP09 are to be used on driver training duties. Hope that helps:)

CHAPS2034

Today’s trains were hauled by 68025 ‘Superb’; TP09 to Gascoigne Wood and TP05 to Crewe Basford Hall. As I understand it, 68025 and TP09 are to be used on driver training duties. Hope that helps:)
Thanks for the confirmation

Cheers

sjpowermac

Established Member
possibly swapping sets over to balance mileage maybe?
TP09 hasn’t worked a passenger service since 26.10.2020. As I understand it the sets have been passing through Manchester International Depot, presumably for some mods. Perhaps one with the latest mods makes for a good training set? Just guess work, so happy to be corrected on any of that!

DBS92042

Established Member
TP09 hasn’t worked a passenger service since 26.10.2020. As I understand it the sets have been passing through Manchester International Depot, presumably for some mods. Perhaps one with the latest mods makes for a good training set? Just guess work, so happy to be corrected on any of that!
I've noticed workings from Crewe Basford Hall to Bletchley Relief 2 (and back) tomorrow so could this be apart of the training runs?

L+Y

Is this a resumption of training for TP crews, or (forgive me for forgetting!) the Freightliner training that was mentioned a few weeks/months ago? Thanks in advance.

sjpowermac

Established Member
Is this a resumption of training for TP crews, or (forgive me for forgetting!) the Freightliner training that was mentioned a few weeks/months ago? Thanks in advance.
As I understand it, training for York crews.

In addition, 68023 is stood on the Exam Road (siding adjacent to platform 2) at York, so I’m guessing that’s going to be involved in training too.

I’ll give a shout if I see 68023 out and about:)

I've noticed workings from Crewe Basford Hall to Bletchley Relief 2 (and back) tomorrow so could this be apart of the training runs?
As I understand it, both of those workings are operated by Freightliner, but happy to be corrected on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.