• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxcar Willie

Hi everyone, long time lurker first time posting. Just a quick question for everyone but more so people who have applied for Manchester. I had an email on 14th March saying I had passed the phone interview and they would be in touch shortly to arrange assessments, but STILL not heard anything! anyone else in the same situation? or as I fear have I been over-looked? :(

I am in the same boat Mike. Pretty frustrating to be honest given that I qualified for the next stage well over a month ago. I emailed and they eventually replied to inform me that they were still arranging dates for assessments and they wanted to assure me that they would inform me of any updates in due course. Hope that answers your question. You're not alone! I'm still waiting though :|

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TRACY TRAIN

I've given up hope to be honest. I am in the same situation as you and I was in the same situation last year. 😞

Cheers for your replies guys, sounds as though maybe they're not quite round to doing Manchester I guess. Fingers crossed anyway! You're right though, very frustrating. What happened last year Tracy?

TRACY TRAIN

More or less the same thing happened last year. Apart from the process leading upto assessments was slightly different. We all sat a test in Manchester and was told those who passed would be invited for stage 1 of assessments. I already had a pass with DB schenker and so I was hopefully skipping some stages but from what I remember it was only a few who got called back for the next stage, they may have been internal candidates I'm not sure. It's just very disappointing to continually pass all the assessments I've taken over the past 3 years and never really getting anywhere

that's rough! I knew about how competitive the application process is, and I will probably need to be patient, but in your case, to know you've passed assessments but you can't do anything more must be massively annoying.

In this case, with the apparent delay in organizing assessments, surely it wouldn't be too much effort to send a courtesy email update to everyone to let us know what's happening! Even if it was just to say 'sorry, but we've had too many applicants'

Last edited:

Siren

I've still not had results from the 1st assessment in York.. I'm actually wondering if I'll ever get them.. Are there certain stations that have had all their results, I wonder? Have they left particular stations until last?

harrysno1dad

Just a thought, for those still waiting, could it be that you have passed the required mark to progress, but haven't got as high as others, so they are now waiting to to see if they get enough numbers through the process from those that have advanced to stage 2, or even attending the 1st stage assessments.

Just a thought, for those still waiting, could it be that you have passed the required mark to progress, but haven't got as high as others, so they are now waiting to to see if they get enough numbers through the process from those that have advanced to stage 2, or even attending the 1st stage assessments.

I guess that could be a possibility, although, correct me if I'm wrong, I've not seen anyone who applied for Manchester given assessment dates at all yet?

Kenni

I guess that could be a possibility, although, correct me if I'm wrong, I've not seen anyone who applied for Manchester given assessment dates at all yet?

Well, someone I know very well completed stage 2 last week who had applied for Manchester.....

Kenni

It does actually state in the initial vacancy details the breakdown of stages and dates.

It does actually state in the initial vacancy details the breakdown of stages and dates.

All it says is assessments will be April. I know its still April, but been well over a month since I passed the phone interview. Time will tell I guess.

Jimbob1984

For those that have been to the stage 2 assessment, how long were you there for? I've just noticed on my email invite it says it will take all day

Siren

Yes, my feelings are that they have the candidates that have the best results and are keeping the 'just passed' ones to one side, just in case. The assessments cost a lot of money so they don't want to be putting everyone through when they already know who they want...

Lr driver

For those that have been to the stage 2 assessment, how long were you there for? I've just noticed on my email invite it says it will take all day

You could be there all day, however it depends on you passing all the computer tests. If you fail on any of those tests, you will not do the interview which itself lasts about 60-70 minutes. I did from 9am until about 1:30pm, but I actually completed and passed all computer tests, but fluffed the interview. Good luck.

Jimbob1984

Thanks. I'd been re reading the email and it said you could be there all day. I'd only taken a half day from work due back at work for 4pm so I was like crap!! Haha

Lr driver

Thanks. I'd been re reading the email and it said you could be there all day. I'd only taken a half day from work due back at work for 4pm so I was like crap!! Haha

Last interview of the day when I went was going to be 3:30pm. Depending on which group your going to be allocated to and the computer tests, you might wanna try to get the whole day off.:roll:

Siren

Thankyou. I was at York on the Thursday morning if others wanted to know. Good Luck everyone..

TRACY TRAIN

I finally got an email today confirming that they had creamed the crop from the last stage and to let me know my application would be kept on file with no firm plans to do anything else at this stage. So if you've not heard anything ladies & gents it looks like your on hold for the foreseeable future!!

Boxcar Willie

I finally got an email today confirming that they had creamed the crop from the last stage and to let me know my application would be kept on file with no firm plans to do anything else at this stage. So if you've not heard anything ladies & gents it looks like your on hold for the foreseeable future!!

Same here. At least we now know where we stand! Ah well, good luck to everyone else, I don't expect to go any further here. Unless….

Everywhere

Was that for stage 2?

I was at Hull last week for stage 2, still not heard anything back from the MMI.

CGS

Is there anyone else who was at York today?

I was there yesterday - done MMI but didn't hit TPE's standard for the co-ordination test (2 joysticks one!) but was told it would be a pass with most other TOC's. I'm hoping I've passed the MMI and will be quite happy with that as Tyne and Wear metro hopefully re-advertising later in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.