• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train doing 6x speed limit at Sandy, 19/10/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Does high output kit use a "rolling" TSR on adjacent lines, that moves as the work progresses? I recall this being suggested for grinders many years ago but no idea if it ever happened. Portable TPWS would mitigate the hazards of driver confusion if the TSR moved around, although it would make it harder to do those moves at there would be more kit to re-locate.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sw1ller

Established Member
Most diefinatly. (one assumes that being in said possession plan and WON entry equates to planned, published and signed).

As an aside: when was the last time the HOBC / HOTR last in the North west (I can't locate my High Output plan / timetable which was published yonks ago!).

I went passed it last night just sounth of Beeston Castle, between Chester and Crewe. It had the 20mph ESR as has been described. No temporary TPWS though. Impressive bit of equipment.

I went passed it last night just sounth of Beeston Castle, between Chester and Crewe. It had the 20mph ESR as has been described. No temporary TPWS though. Impressive bit of equipment.

That's North West, isn't it? ;)
Can be a tad strange if you're not expecting it though. I suspect (after thinking about it) temp TPWS may be slightly more hassle and time than its worth. Not to mention the additional risks involved with it.

QueensCurve

Established Member
Okay I have to ask, what’s a Dalek in railway terms?
rail-dalek-jpg.66963

Attachments

• Rail Dalek.jpg
    Rail Dalek.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 135

edwin_m

Veteran Member
The term was also used for the gadgets that operated the hopper doors automatically on MGR trains at power station discharge sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.