• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train runs over camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.

455driver

Veteran Member
So you have completely refused to answer any of the (easy) questions put to you and then throw a childish wobbly calling us bullies but claim to be an adult.

Something doesnt ring true, I wonder which bit?

Hadnt you better be off to bed, its a school day tomorrow! ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SWTH

I am actully a PTS quilfied not with mainline so actually you could say i lied but somewhere else!! with a railway line used daily just like the mainline :)

In which case, no, you don't have a PTS. NR (or any other company involved with the national network) do not accept Personal Track Safety certificates issued by a heritage railway/non-NR railway.

123trainmad456 said:
what i like to happen is we bring this to a end now i get the point and will not continue filming the trains from the track stick to normal location far from the track i apologise for what has happened and hope this can end here. anyone else has a point please just let it go. also i will stop using this website now because i only made an account for you to have a go at :p lol but im sorry and i hope you can stop here and understand i have listened and no more videos like that.

So what exactly made you see sense, if indeed you have and aren't just saying stuff to make the big bad keyboard warriors/bullies/professional time-served railwaymen stop telling you why you appear to be a tile short of a roof?

I do sincerely hope you will stop, not just for your own safety, but also out of consideration for those who otherwise one day may have to hose your remains into the cess.

syorksdeano

I have to agree with other people in that this is a stupid thing to do and I would call it trespass.

As for this PTS you must be getting it confused with something else, because the only PTS you have is a Pre Train Strike. Carry on with this stupid thing and a train will strike you.

But given that apparently you have had training (but your story has changed a few times) , I assume that you have the necessary permissions to do what you are doing?

Jonfun

Established Member
I don't think there's much for me to add which hasn't already been said, but I would echo and reinforce the message that complacency is a factor in many incidents, and that whether or not the member believes he's putting himself in danger, the fact is the videos could encourage someone else to do similar thinking it's safe, and suffer an injury as a result.

I would be interested to know which heritage outfit they have received this training from, as this kind of thing really is the stuff it should be training against. I know for a fact ours makes the points that you must only be on the tracks if required to conduct your duties, and you must not allow yourself to become distracted by the operation of any gizmos like cameras or mobile phones.

carriageline

Established Member
im not a 12 yr old kid ****ing about im an adult who at times knows what he is doing

Only at times? Rather worrying ;):lol:

He says he's an adult, yet talks like a child. Does very childish things (I understand videoing trains, but this?), his grammar and spelling is very childish (I know, mine ain't great!), he throws his toys out the pram when people disagree with him like a child, but protests that he's a fuwwy grown adult? :lol::lol:

Several rail PROFESSIONALS (something which you clearly will never be..) have stated what you are doing is dangerous.

I suppose we only deal with these trains day in day out, and deal with idiots like this day in day out. I was cautioning the other day for a photter standing in the cess taking photos, who presumably thought he was safe. He changed his mind when BTP turned up and carted him away.

A heritage railway is a million miles away from the mainline. It clearly shows you have a lack of respect for safety.

Last edited:

cool110

In which case, no, you don't have a PTS. NR (or any other company involved with the national network) do not accept Personal Track Safety certificates issued by a heritage railway/non-NR railway.

There are a few exceptions to that regarding light rail systems that run adjacent to NR lines. For example the LWN(n) sectional appendix details the arrangements for working on or near Metrolink lines including the mutual recognition of PTS.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I think this thread has run its course.

Let's hope that the OP has indeed heeded the warnings given by other forum members about the dangers of his actions, as he claimed. Unfortunately as bystanders there is very little anyone else can do. The OP will need to take responsibility for his actions one way or another so it would be great if such actions are stopped for the future.

I will be tidying the thread up soon but as I am on the move atm this may take a while.

Edit @ 1339h

I have finished tidying this thread, quite ruthlessly with an axe. I have tried to remove all irrelevant chitchats in an attempt to keep the discussion focused on trackside safety. If any of your posts are removed, it does not necessarily mean that you have broken any forum rules so no need to panic.

If I missed anything, please send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.