• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

trainee conductors advert TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geargrinder

I see the salary after training is £25,677. In reality how much more can a TPE conductor earn with O/T, commission etc ?

graycam25

I see the salary after training is £25,677. In reality how much more can a TPE conductor earn with O/T, commission etc ?

with commissiona and sunday work which are outside the working week plus the commission.. around 30kish give or take.

some like working the overtime and sundays etc and can earn alot more on top..

there is always overtime available too

Geargrinder

Cheers for that. Route wise do you know where a Sheffield conductor would cover ? Would they be permanently on cleethorpes to manchester ?

graycam25

yes geargrinder....

they cover from sheffield - cleethorpes and sheffield through to manchester airport,, roughly around 26 conductors are based there.

RabbieBurns

I was looking to find out the routes signed out of Glasgow Central. Seriously considering applying for the TPE Trainee Conductor post there.

Also out of curiosity does anyone know the recruitment schedule i.e. exams (online and assessment days), structured interview etc.

Thanking you all muchly

Rabbie

TheVicLine

Does anyone know the routes that they go from lime street station

There are currently no TPE staff based at Lime Street.

However TPE staff will be at Lime Street from June/July (that was the last date I was told, but who knows it has changed so much), not seen the link yet but I believe it will be Liverpool - York and possibly Manc airport, with again possibly Newcastle early next year.

at60

TPE advertising for Conductors at Sheffield, Manchester, York, Newcastle, Liverpool and Cleethorpes now. Do any of you chaps know the numbers required at each of these locations?.

Geargrinder

TPE advertising for Conductors at Sheffield, Manchester, York, Newcastle, Liverpool and Cleethorpes now. Do any of you chaps know the numbers required at each of these locations?.

I don't know but I wouldn't imagine it will be more than a couple at most of those depots.
Been thinking about applying myself as I believe a lot of these vacancies are a result of conductors being successful in applying for the recent driving jobs there. Getting into the driving role straight off the street is no easy task, and a few years learning about the railways as a conductor looks a good route in.:D

plastictaffy

Also out of curiosity does anyone know the recruitment schedule i.e. exams (online and assessment days), structured interview etc.

Thanking you all muchly

Rabbie
Can't say what it would be for TPE, but with my TOC, from applying to starting was around 5 months. When you consider the amount of applicants they get, it takes a lot of sorting. Expect to hear nothing for a good 2-3 weeks after the closing date.

I did the pleb tests on the one day, had interview 2 weeks after, then heard nowt for 4 weeks. Then, in the space of a fortnight, I'd had the medical, they'd sent off for references, and I'd handed my notice in. It would have been around 2 and a half months start to finish, but I couldn't do the first intake date they gave me, as it may have meant leaving my previous employer on bad terms.

302PS

Filled in an application but realised couple of days later I may have made a cockup.

In the section where it asks for qualifications I read it as qualifications and training picked up during my career relevant to this role and presumed there would be another section to input GCSE/a-level results.........appears I was mistaken and you can't go back to edit the form so therefore I haven't input my school qualifications......anyone else slipped up on this?

signal box

Filled in an application but realised couple of days later I may have made a cockup.

In the section where it asks for qualifications I read it as qualifications and training picked up during my career relevant to this role and presumed there would be another section to input GCSE/a-level results.........appears I was mistaken and you can't go back to edit the form so therefore I haven't input my school qualifications......anyone else slipped up on this?

I think the thing with this is RELEVANT as most of my school qualifications are not relevant I didn't put them down. The only one I put in was GCSE maths and that was taken over 20yrs ago. :D
I really wouldn't worry about it and good luck with the application.

Network

I have an interview for one of these posts.

Does anyone know where the training takes place?

It says "3 months intensive training at different locations across the TPE network"

job is in Glasgow

Jay mc 99

Mine is the same for first and I have applied for the liverpool area
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I meant to say still awaiting shortlisting

I have just received a txt and my status has changed to "Invited for interview"
yipeeeeeeeeee I am sooooooooo happy.

I have applied for Manchester:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

wt

I have an interview for one of these posts.

Does anyone know where the training takes place?

It says "3 months intensive training at different locations across the TPE network"

job is in Glasgow

Hi have you heard anything back from your interview? I was interviewed for Glasgow too. Yet to hear any news :(

Status
Not open for further replies.