• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevlar

Just had an email too saying that all the courses are now fully booked and that they'll send an invitation for either 9th, 10th or 11th of June when a venue is sorted. Which is very annoying, especially as I have a holiday booked for 10th June.

You should email back asking to be on the 9th so it doesn't interfere with your holiday.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Managed to get a cancellation for Friday at 1pm. Back to being nervous again. The test I'm most worried about is the TRP part 1 memory test, can just see my mind going blank on this one!

paully617

Managed to get a cancellation for Friday at 1pm. Back to being nervous again. The test I'm most worried about is the TRP part 1 memory test, can just see my mind going blank on this one!
I went for my stage 1 assessment today and in my hurry to get out the door at 0600 for a 2.5hr drive, I left my hard copy payslip at home. I have3 forms of i.d but they would allow me to use a photo of my payslip as proof of my N.I number.
Annnnnnd so I had to leave and drive all the way home. I managed to contact the recruitment person for EMR and she is going to reschedule it for Friday too.

Only plus point to it is it gives me some more time to practice this GBT as im only hitting 8 lines with 1 or 2 errors over the whole test.

I worked it out to be 0.7 secs per symbol with an error rate of 0.87% which sounds ok but there was a guy there today hitting 11 lines comfortably.

practice time!!!

I went for my stage 1 assessment today and in my hurry to get out the door at 0600 for a 2.5hr drive, I left my hard copy payslip at home. I have3 forms of i.d but they would allow me to use a photo of my payslip as proof of my N.I number.
Annnnnnd so I had to leave and drive all the way home. I managed to contact the recruitment person for EMR and she is going to reschedule it for Friday too.

Only plus point to it is it gives me some more time to practice this GBT as im only hitting 8 lines with 1 or 2 errors over the whole test.

I worked it out to be 0.7 secs per symbol with an error rate of 0.87% which sounds ok but there was a guy there today hitting 11 lines comfortably.

practice time!!!

Man that must have been so annoying!!! gutted for you, thank god they could fit you back in so quickly!!!

I'm ok with the GBT test, I've been getting 11/12 lines consistently with a maximum of 1/3 errors over the whole test, I'm far more worried about the TRP part 1 test, the memory one. I did manage to get 6 out of 7 on the practice sheet they sent us but a couple were guesses after taking out the definite wrong answers!! My mind will just go blank for sure!

Trainabs

Hi. First post here. Forgive me if asked previously. I've been accepted for the recruitment process and have my first tests tomorrow. I've received the driver sheet which contains everything but a bit confused as to exactly what tests will actually take place tomorrow? Would someone be able to enlighten me? Thanks!

Also feel massively under prepared for it! Doh!

Ignore me. Re-read the email and it is posted 1-40. Feel slightly better. Trp 2 seems easy enough and gb is about practice. Need to practice the others more!

Last edited:

severussnape

Just had classification the March and June courses will be run but not for Derby.
Looking like I will have to start all over again.

2011dandd

Is it possible to be on the list for more than one depot?

This is exactly my question
I would be more than happy to work at either derby or notts, from my address there’s half a mile in it.
Does it show you in a bad light if you make contact to the company and express this or does it show that your driven and eager to start with the company? I would think the latter?

2011dandd

Ps I got the same email severussnape!

out of curiosity has it just been the people who put down for etches Park depot that received the email or have we all in the talent pool got that email today?

Ptrains

I've had the same email today - disappointed :'(. I took my part 1 in spring 2019, so I'm not as close to falling off the 2 year limit as some, but having hyped myself up for a course in the near future it's disheartening to find out that it's not going to be anytime soon.

I put down Derby, but have also been mulling over the idea of putting my name forward for Nottingham to see if it makes any difference (an extra 12 mile commute). If I did, would there be an opportunity to transfer to Derby? or is it something that's not really done?

Trico382

Just keep cracking on with your life and don’t let it take over. There was a few on my course (me included) that were 7 days short of busting our 2 year pass when we started! 2 years in the talent pool seems a long time to be patient but it paid off in the end.
In my interview the driver managers asked me about depots and I said although I put derby on my form, I would be happy to work at either

Ptrains

It's good to hear that EMR make an effort to ensure that those in the talent pool get a job at the end of what is very long application process. Is there a chance that we might drop out the 2 years without a job offer, or is safe to assume that now we're in the pool we're pretty much guaranteed an offer (assuming medicals / references etc are all ok)?

Ptrains

I asked the question and EMR have said that it's not possible to change your nominated station as its caused issues later on...

Trainabs

Don't know if it is because my name starts with A but just received my results for stage 1 tests last week and passed. Good luck to everyone else.

stompy

Don't know if it is because my name starts with A but just received my results for stage 1 tests last week and passed. Good luck to everyone else.
Do you have an invite for the assessment centre on the 26th? If so see you there :)

stompy

Nothing just yet. Let's hope so! Means I need to get swotting up! Need to bookmark all the key threads from this forum
Well hopefully you'll get an invite soon, I got one this morning for an assessment day on the 26th, but I had already passed stage 1 with another operator. Congrats on passing stage 1

What day did you have your stage 1? Had mine on Friday afternoon, still waiting very nervously. The guy said it would probably be around 10 days before they let us know!

PedroTheGoat

Like a few others in this forum I'm in the Etches Park talent pool, I was just wondering if anyone knew how many other people are in it? I got the Email last week that the earliest course I could get on is October and if I don't get on that its gonna be getting close to my stage 1 running out. Thanks.

iwasyoungonce

Did the stage 1 OPC on Tuesday 11th in Derby Hallmark Hotel, email received today saying I'd passed.

Anyone got any advice regarding the stage 2 "Assessment Day"

2011dandd

Like a few others in this forum I'm in the Etches Park talent pool, I was just wondering if anyone knew how many other people are in it? I got the Email last week that the earliest course I could get on is October and if I don't get on that its gonna be getting close to my stage 1 running out. Thanks.
I’m in it for Derby Pedro goat

SEASBIGBURY19

So who has some insightful info about EMR Derby and Nottingham for the - What do you know about the company question?

Status
Not open for further replies.