• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scouse_scott

Thanks lads, I'm hoping you both get a call soon. Seems about right. All three of us having the same email about depot choice and notice period. I picked Derby btw

Dynamonic

Yeah, if they're allocating people to the July course, I'd imagine the call would come Tuesday. We just need to carry on with life, and if the call comes, then that is amazing, but if not, then at least for me, I'll still be going on the family holiday, and we'll still be in the Talent Pool too! :D

Scouse_scott, many congratulations again, and I wish you a smooth medical! :)

EastMidsMatt

In my utopia world the call would have come before the Bank Holiday but hr are probably very busy, one man, one job etc. Keep the faith!

Dynamonic

In my utopia world the call would have come before the Bank Holiday but hr are probably very busy, one man, one job etc. Keep the faith!

That was my thinking too. I would have expected that they would have wanted to notify everyone before the Bank Holiday, which is why a big part of me thinks the course is now booked up. Well, we'll soon find out! :)

EastMidsMatt

That was my thinking too. I would have expected that they would have wanted to notify everyone before the Bank Holiday, which is why a big part of me thinks the course is now booked up. Well, we'll soon find out! :)
Fundamentally, you're in. It's just a waiting game which is a bit tough. It'll be great handing in your notice so you can Foxtrot Oscar from your current position!

EastMidsMatt

I heard a rumour that they are more desperate for depot drivers at Derby? So maybe more derby trainees this time.
Too be honest they're woefully short at Notts too. The numbers suggest that after the July course passes out they will be about even but that won't last long as there are still Mainline retirements, depot going to freight, the odd depot driver choosing to stay as a depot driver, drivers spadding etc. I reckon they will be recruiting for a while to come.

EastMidsMatt

And with Derby signalling work there's going to be a shortage of depot work very soon for the drivers based there. We'll have to play lots of dart (there's one dart and a board).

DanDaDriver

Too be honest they're woefully short at Notts too. The numbers suggest that after the July course passes out they will be about even but that won't last long as there are still Mainline retirements, depot going to freight, the odd depot driver choosing to stay as a depot driver, drivers spadding etc. I reckon they will be recruiting for a while to come.

How lucky you all are to have the director of HR posting here....

Oh dear, oh dear! Maybe a need for a games console and some FIFA perhaps over at Derby then.
m

They’ve already got one, I’m surprised you didn’t know that..... ;)

stjimmy87

So guys....how likely do you think it is we who are still waiting shall receive a magical call from Marie tomorrow? All I can say is I live in hope :p

Dynamonic

Thank you for the kind words everyone! Just waiting on the contract and a number to book my medical then it's countdown time to the 2nd July. :)

stjimmy87 and LaursP...It's your turn next!!! :D

Ellb123

Does anyone know if having asthma would affect getting a depot/service driver job with East Midlands? I know you have a medical before your start date so you would have to tell them you use an inhaler. Cheers.

stjimmy87

Does anyone know if having asthma would affect getting a depot/service driver job with East Midlands? I know you have a medical before your start date so you would have to tell them you use an inhaler. Cheers.

Shouldn't do and honesty is always the best policy....I'm informed

Clive0121

Hi all, I managed to get through to the DMI in March but sadly failed that, I’ve asked twice for feedback now which I’m yet to receive, anyone have any ideas how I should go about finding feedback or would it be too late now

Status
Not open for further replies.