• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave91131

That last test counting the tones and marking the phone directory was bloody chaos. But felt the rest of the day went well. Fingers crossed, put a lot of time in and gave it my best, will have to wait and see.

Doing your best is all that one can do.

I did stage 1 in Derby yesterday afternoon - perhaps bizarrely, I found that last test of tones + phone directory easier than the high / low tones.

Seemed to go pretty well otherwise, like you say just wait and see what happens now.

Not sure if you were in my session or not - if you were, I felt a bit sorry for that poor guy sat at the front left. He seemed to get told off for something or other before or after every test!

Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Justy

Good luck to everyone that's had their assessment this week. I had to rebook mine from last year and was rebooked in for yesterday morning. I've lost 1 life already from the first time I applied (didn't get tea occ and trp 1 enhanced level) but was told by the opc lady yesterday that EMT no longer require an enhanced level for stage 1 tests and are accepting national standard! So hopefully this should help others as well as myself this time that have applied.
But I think I've screwed up on the memory test again, I know for certain I've marked 2 wrong answers, just hope I havent messed up anymore :(
Anyways good luck everyone and hopefully we'll hear some good news soon :)

Hi guys and ladies I've been lucky enough to get to stage 1 at the end of March.I have a question about medicals.I have no health concerns and am not on any medication for anything.I am however above the recommended highest bmi of 33.Obviously I am working on reducing my bmi.But if I was lucky enough to get to the medical stage would it be an instant fail if my bmi was still above 33.

This certainly seems to have been the case a few years back but now occupational health just give you a ticking off and some lifestyle advice. Driving is a sedentary job so if you are not on top of it it will likely get worse. The shed is better for exercise, plenty of walking involved, however, there is also plenty of opportunity to consume rubbish in the mess room.

During the 9 week rules course you get plenty of "visits" to the classroom from people you may or may not want to hear from - roster managers, driver managers, trade unionists etc, and, best of all, a lunchtime presentation on how to eat healthily!! Many a candidate was seen dodging the burger-van that day and partaking in some crunchy vegetable hi-fibre wraps with sweet chilli dip!

Hi all, I have had several e mails now to inform me that a date has still not been sorted for my stage one assessment. The last e mail i received stated that Feb was fully booked and it would likely be March time for assessment. Reading a previous e mail on this link who states he has been given a test date end of March !!
Is anyone in the same boat as me and still waiting for assessment date.

burnttealeaf

I'm in the same boat as you Wellington, had the same email re dates likely to be March and not heard anything since.

Baumy1

Had the dreaded (you did not pass your stage one) email this afternoon. Never mind, will be contacting the OPC for feedback although I think I know where I messed up. Does anyone know how much info they can give you on your results?

Baumy1

Same here baumy1. Gutted. Put a lot of time in. What can I do instead I wonder
Sorry to hear that Alex D, put loads of work into it as well!! Where do you think you went wrong?When did you take your test? I don’t feel like the phone book test was explained very well on our session.

Justy

Had the dreaded (you did not pass your stage one) email this afternoon. Never mind, will be contacting the OPC for feedback although I think I know where I messed up. Does anyone know how much info they can give you on your results?

Sorry to hear that Baumy and Alex. I'm still waiting to hear for my results. Would strongly suggest you ask for your results back and don't give up, they definitely help you find out what was your strong points and what you need to work on. You've given it a go once so will know what to expect next time as well, which will help with the nerves and practicing for your next attempt.
With regards to the information they provide back, it'll just be a simple pass or fail mark on each of the categories we had to do.
TRP 1, TRP 2, Group Bourdon and Tea-Occ.
Think that's all the tests we had to do, whatever the case don't give up and try again in 6 months time :)

Mr Greedy

Sorry to hear about your email Alex and Baumy, I'm waiting same as you Justy.

Out of curiosity, when did you sit your stage 1, I did mine last Mon (18/2) just to get a expected waiting time.

Hope was only your 1st life though, so you can go again in 6 month

Justy

Out of curiosity, when did you sit your stage 1, I did mine last Mon (18/2) just to get a expected waiting time.

Hopefully this is both their first attempts at the stage 1 tests. This is my second attempt and so I've already lost a life, so it's my last chance this time o_O

I did my test on Tuesday 19th, hopefully it won't be too long of a wait to find out the result either ways, good luck btw Mr Greedy.

Baumy1

Sorry to hear that Baumy and Alex. I'm still waiting to hear for my results. Would strongly suggest you ask for your results back and don't give up, they definitely help you find out what was your strong points and what you need to work on. You've given it a go once so will know what to expect next time as well, which will help with the nerves and practicing for your next attempt.
With regards to the information they provide back, it'll just be a simple pass or fail mark on each of the categories we had to do.
Think that's all the tests we had to do, whatever the case don't give up and try again in 6 months time :)
Thank you Justy, will defo be sending off for feedback, and as you said at least we know what to expect next time around.

Baumy1

I was on the 18th too,where you in the afternoon session? fingers crossed for you.

Justy

Thank you Justy, will defo be sending off for feedback, and as you said at least we know what to expect next time around.
Would definitely not give up hope, keep checking this thread as it is so useful the amount of information that has been provided, it won't be long till 6 months flies by and you'll be glad you kept this thread on the top of your page.
Also what gives me hope is that I've read its taken people a few attempts to get the job and taken years. It's a slow game, but hopefully one day we'll all get there :)

Mr Greedy

I was on the morning session on the 18th, fingers crossed for you Justy especially with it been your 2nd life.

Hopefully you get some feedback you can work with Baumy and Alex for next time.

This thread and a few other threads too have been goldmines of information. Especially when you don't know what to expect. So thanks to all who have added their own bit of experience and expertise

Optimist

Definitely read through this thread, check the links and you tube. It really helped me along the different stages. All the best for your next steps whether you got through or not

Hasan Shah

I was wondering too if we can receive feedback on results, I've got the email to say I've passed first stage, but would like to know my marks and that way other people will know what the pass mark is

Dynamonic

I was wondering too if we can receive feedback on results, I've got the email to say I've passed first stage, but would like to know my marks and that way other people will know what the pass mark is

I don’t believe you can receive feedback on tests you have passed, and the pass marks required are kept under wraps. No one on this forum knows what they are.

When requesting feedback for failed tests, you will generally just be told what aspects you have failed on and be given general advice on how to improve your chances in the future.

In the case of the Multi-Modal Interview (MMI), which I failed first time round, you will likely be told the specific question(s) you have failed on but will not be told what they were looking for, or how close you were to hitting the mark.

Hasan Shah

I don’t believe you can receive feedback on tests you have passed, and the pass marks required are kept under wraps. No one on this forum knows what they are.

When requesting feedback for failed tests, you will generally just be told what aspects you have failed on and be given general advice on how to improve your chances in the future.

In the case of the Multi-Modal Interview (MMI), which I failed first time round, you will likely be told the specific question(s) you have failed on but will not be told what they were looking for, or how close you were to hitting the mark.
Ahh thanks, shame u can't see results either way. Is MMI on second stage assessment? Mmi and dmi are the 2 I'm most worried about

Dynamonic

Ahh thanks, shame u can't see results either way. Is MMI on second stage assessment? Mmi and dmi are the 2 I'm most worried about

Yeah, the MMI is part of the second stage OPC assessments, (the 4th stage in EMT’s process), whereas the DMI is Stage 3 in EMT’s process, so the MMI is last to be done.

Both interviews are heavily focused on Driver Non-Technical Skills, so having lots of examples where you have demonstrated those skills will help you go a long way when you get round to sitting them. :)

_Alex_D_

Thankyou. I was on Tues 19th afternoon.
Asked for feedback. Hope I can improve

Yellowbelly

Sorry to hear that Alex D, put loads of work into it as well!! Where do you think you went wrong?When did you take your test? I don’t feel like the phone book test was explained very well on our session.
Glad that wasent just me then. I sat mine in December and feel the same. I thought you only mark the plumbers numbers with a particular symbol I didn’t realise that all the listings were plumbers! So for that reason I failed. Gutted as like most on here I put a lot of effort in and passed everything else to an enhanced standay

Yellowbelly

Hi. Can anyone clarify if I need to resit any tests I passed at stage one or is it just the one I didn’t? Also if this applies to EMT or is it a national standard?

Cal1986

Has everyone gotten the results back from this date? (19th pm) Did mine in the same session but not got anything back yet.

Ewie13

I think previously replies have arrived at strange times and sometimes into junk mail so make sure you check those.
Thanks for the reply, I’ve checked my searched my email folders, keyword searches, I’m half hoping no news is good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.