• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

severussnape

Last year I failed an online assessment the VSE with virgin. I have contacted OPC to see if that counts as a life lost. The reply wasn't very clear, I'm still none the wiser. I really don't think it's fair if it is a life lost due to not being in assesment conditions. Does anyone have any information on this ? Cheers !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hasan Shah

Well guys, I didn't make it. :'( I stuffed up the grey square test, and I knew I'd done it so wasn't at all surprised to find out I'd failed.

On the plus side I only failed that one so when I reapply next time I'll only have to resit that one test (don't know if I would have to have another DMI though). I also know I could pass that test if I had another go at it.

@Smigg92, I forgot you were going to be there! Good luck!

At least I now have half a day unexpectedly free so am now awaiting my consolatory jacket potato to arrive in the cafe of my choice. :D

Same here, don't think it was explained properly, I thought it'd change every square so kept clicking until it actually changed and I realized I've messed up. Atleast I can just take that test in 6 months

Dave91131

Just checked my email, and was good news next stage DMI, well done @Ducatidave fingers crossed everyone else who is waiting still

After attending the afternoon session on Mon 18th March I've received an email informing me that I've got through to the next stage (DMI) with more info to follow in the coming weeks.

Congratulations to all who have been successful, and commiserations and congratulations on your efforts for all who haven't made it this time.

Cheers.

severussnape

Same here, don't think it was explained properly, I thought it'd change every square so kept clicking until it actually changed and I realized I've messed up. Atleast I can just take that test in 6 months
I'm confused. I thought there was only one grey solid square which turns darker?

Last edited:

2011dandd

I passed feb 18th assessment day! Phew. One more stage down. Congratulations to everyone in the same boat. Chin up to all the dudes that didn’t get through.

Optimist

Well done to those who have passed to the next stages of tests/interviews. Best wishes to those who haven’t this time.
Has anyone from the talent pool been offered a start date as yet?

SIMON ROSS

Got the email to say I got through to the Manager's interview. Congratulations to everyone else who made it through, good luck!

Hi everyone. Can anyone shine some light who has been through the process of trying again. Do you have to re-apply with a application when they are taking on again or can you contact marie? Thanks in advance and Well done to who has got through

Dynamonic

Hi everyone. Can anyone shine some light who has been through the process of trying again. Do you have to re-apply with a application when they are taking on again or can you contact marie? Thanks in advance and Well done to who has got through

Hi Britsin4thewin,

You will need to apply again when the vacancies come back up. Once your application is in, and if you make it past the sift again, your previous attempts at the assessments will typically be looked into to find out which ones you may or may not need to do again.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your future attempts. :)

Hi Britsin4thewin,

You will need to apply again when the vacancies come back up. Once your application is in, and if you make it past the sift again, your previous attempts at the assessments will typically be looked into to find out which ones you may or may not need to do again.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your future attempts. :)

Yes that's brill and what I thought. Thankyou dynamonic

Hi guys is anyone else waiting for their stage 1 results from the 27th March pm group if so have you heard owt yet ..

Leedslad27

Hi guys is anyone else waiting for their stage 1 results from the 27th March pm group if so have you heard owt yet ..

Hi

They just emailed my results after sitting the test on this day. Unfortunately I failed. All the best if you still awaiting your results.

Everyone is waiting on the franchise announcement at the mo. Heard the other day that when the winning bid is announced there'll be a raft of new services planned - Sundays, Corby half hourly etc. This will thus necessitate an expansion of mainline numbers at Notts, maybe Derby and St Pancras and a new depot in Kettering, thus the shed links will be plundered quickly and new recruits waiting in talent pools will be trained up sharpish.

Wellsinho

Everyone is waiting on the franchise announcement at the mo. Heard the other day that when the winning bid is announced there'll be a raft of new services planned - Sundays, Corby half hourly etc. This will thus necessitate an expansion of mainline numbers at Notts, maybe Derby and St Pancras and a new depot in Kettering, thus the shed links will be plundered quickly and new recruits waiting in talent pools will be trained up sharpish.

Interesting info, thanks. How will the recruitment process be affected if Stagecoach lose the franchise, do you think?

2011dandd

Wow I live in Kettering, I’m at the DMI stage of the recruitment process for depot driver. A great job just got better and potentially next door

LeoLTS

It hasn't been decided where the new depot will be for the upcoming corby to st pancras service. It's likely to be corby or Kettering

Attachments

• 20190406_183648.jpg
    20190406_183648.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 45

Mr Greedy

Based on this new information, is it possible that those of us waiting on DMI dates could potentially be though the talent pool and into training by the end of the year.

Not trying to get ahead of myself but just forward thinking for current holiday planning

Dynamonic

Based on this new information, is it possible that those of us waiting on DMI dates could potentially be though the talent pool and into training by the end of the year.

Not trying to get ahead of myself but just forward thinking for current holiday planning

Hi Mr Greedy,

It’s very hard to say how long you’d be in the Talent Pool for. You can currently be held in a Talent Pool for up to two years with EMT. I know people who were days away from their Talent Pool position expiring before being offered their start date, and people who were offered a course immediately after being put in the Talent Pool. For me, I was in it for a short six months. You should live life as normal until you get that start date call, (Which will be out of the blue :lol:) and cross the bridge about holidays and other plans when that call comes. It can be very difficult being in the Talent Pool, knowing that the call can come at any time, but you should try to put it at the back of your mind. (Keep your phone with you though :lol:)

EMT are currently running continuous driver courses, with up to about 10 people on each. When one course finishes, another begins pretty much straight away. So, that’s a few people leaving the Talent Pool every few months.
The uncertainty comes in with the new franchise. A new franchise could continue the flow of new drivers like normal, or they could accelerate it, slow it down or even stop it (I can’t see that bit happening though).

It’s possible you could be on a course by the end of the year, but then it’s also possible you could be waiting longer too. Hopefully, a clearer picture will be painted in the next few months, when we know who the next franchise holder is, and how the new East Midlands Railway plans on utilising it’s current and new drivers. :)

Candidates have been contacted and allocated for the July 1st start date. Quite a few internals by sounds of it. So that leaves probably 2 x 10 courses for the rest of the year for those who haven't been contacted. Unless they run multiple courses concurrently.

Wow I live in Kettering, I’m at the DMI stage of the recruitment process for depot driver. A great job just got better and potentially next door

You'll still have to do a couple of years at Derby or Notts I would imagine.

Hey up all just had the good afternoon you failed email.i am really gutted as I thought I'd done really well I've requested feedback to see where I went wrong.good luck to everyone else for the next stage.

Interesting info, thanks. How will the recruitment process be affected if Stagecoach lose the franchise, do you think?

Should be no effect, I haven't heard of any plans to ditch the shed links, and Abellio and Arriva both have depot drivers in other areas of the country so are not anti-shed links per se. Stagecoach will probably keep it anyway me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.