• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Same here. Am booked for Friday lunchtime. Any ideas yet on what the content is?
Not really sure. Originally, as far as I can remember the assessment days consisted of group exercises, memory exercises (I think) and speed interviews. We all did the sort of speed interviews online back in November, I'm hoping there won't be anything else like that this time. So maybe its some sort of group exercises, different scenarios maybe where as a group you have to come up with the best course of action/response, and maybe some memory test similar to the one we did in the first group of tests over a year ago??
These are just my guesses, god knows what they are gonna throw at us though. I actually emailed Irene and asked if there was any sort of preperation that would be beneficial, she never replied unfortunately!
Whats your thoughts?

Smigg92

Sometimes the group days you're better not knowing, because you can do all the prep in the world, then you get put into a group with various people who all have different ideas and all the prep in the world can go straight out the window. That was my experience of the 'in person' group day from ages ago. One activity that is normally done is a prioritising activity, ordering different aspects of a scenario in priority order, this could still easily be done online so could be part of it. Good Luck all!

jamartin

It seems we're all a bit dubious as to what it consists of on Friday. Probably worth having some examples mentally prepped in case there is a short interview

HA7136

Well that's the end of the line for me after a year and 4 months. I always thought the group exercises would trip me up, I'm just not that sort of a person! Add on the Microsoft teams element and doing it off the back of 3 night shifts and I can understand why it was game over. Anyone get any better news?

Anyone else do there online virtual assessment on mon 15th march, it had technical issue's so we only completed part of it, the second part to be rearranged? Still not heard anything!!

No worries, got an email today, arranged for mon 10th, took their bloody time though!!

Last edited:

EMTTALENTTEAM

Verified Rep - EMT Talent Team
Anyone else do there online virtual assessment on mon 15th march, it had technical issue's so we only completed part of it, the second part to be rearranged? Still not heard anything!!

No worries, got an email today, arranged for mon 10th, took their bloody time though!!
o_O

iwasyoungonce

Busted

Trainabs

When does the next round start with the interviews? Has anyone received an invite or know a rough idea of when they will happen?

Unlucky for those that didn't get through! Hopefully you will find something that works for you in the future.

Good luck to those that have made it to the next phase!

Hi all, has anyone heard anything regarding movement in relation to depot driving jobs at Derby. I’m through the process, completed Dec 2020, and was informed by e mail I was now on talent pool. Since then I have heard absolutely nothing ..... I’ve e mailed HR but again heard nothing ..... I just take it I’m in for a long long wait .... ????

Last edited by a moderator:

REB

Hi all, has anyone heard anything regarding movement in relation to depot driving jobs at Derby. I’m through the process, completed Dec 2020, and was informed by e mail I was now on talent pool. Since then I have heard absolutely nothing ..... I’ve e mailed HR but again heard nothing ..... I just take it I’m in for a long long wait .... ????
Congrats on making it through the process & into the talent pool, you’ve done the hard part! Now just sit back & relax and carry on with life, when they have a course & more importantly vacancies at your chosen depot, they’ll give you a call with a start date :D As you’ve not long got into the talent pool, you could be in it for up to two years, maybe abit longer due to the covid back log, so don’t expect to hear from HR unless they’ve got an update or start date for you. They haven’t forgotten about you & may not reply simply because they have no further info for you other than your still in the talent pool.

desrudy

On Moderation

Exact ... you better be patient with them

Shoes

Well that's the end of the line for me after a year and 4 months. I always thought the group exercises would trip me up, I'm just not that sort of a person! Add on the Microsoft teams element and doing it off the back of 3 night shifts and I can understand why it was game over. Anyone get any better news?
Sorry to hear that. I am in the same boat, I thought I did pretty well on the group exercises, I must have either not demonstrated something they wanted, or worse, demonstrated something they did not want! It's been an interesting process and I'm very disappointed not to have progressed, but I'll definitely be reapplying if and when they advertise again. Got to dust yourself off and try again.

Congratulations to everyone who has made it though to the next stage, I wish you all the very best of luck!

S

LCC106

Established Member
Don’t let it get you down, see it as a practise run and learning experience. All the best people pass second time :lol: Maybe make notes whilst it’s all fresh in your mind, so you don’t forget if there’s a long wait.

Trainabs

Has anyone heard back from the recruitment team? It has gone radio silence and fearing the worst.

Hopefully they are just busy but been over a month :'(

NorthernTech

Has anyone heard back from the recruitment team? It has gone radio silence and fearing the worst.

Hopefully they are just busy but been over a month :'(
They have internal jobs offering mainline positions which are likely to come mainly from depot drivers, so no doubt they would free up some depot Driver places.

Trainabs

They have internal jobs offering mainline positions which are likely to come mainly from depot drivers, so no doubt they would free up some depot Driver places.
Is that taking precedent over these current interviews? Have people had their competency and moved on to next stages?

NorthernTech

Is that taking precedent over these current interviews? Have people had their competency and moved on to next stages?
If you look on EMR recruitment pages you can actually see the internal jobs posted, although warned not to apply unless you are actually internal. They show currently two positions of mainline driver, and I believe it’s almost a natural move on from depot driver as said before. If they allow moves from depot to mainline they clearly would need to backfill the depot positions.

Trainabs

If you look on EMR recruitment pages you can actually see the internal jobs posted, although warned not to apply unless you are actually internal. They show currently two positions of mainline driver, and I believe it’s almost a natural move on from depot driver as said before. If they allow moves from depot to mainline they clearly would need to backfill the depot positions.
No I get all that. Just wondered where y are with the external interview process and whether there is a pause or priorities have changed as I haven't heard back from the team for awhile.

Just wanted to reassure myself they haven't forgotten about me! :lol:

NorthernTech

No I get all that. Just wondered where y are with the external interview process and whether there is a pause or priorities have changed as I haven't heard back from the team for awhile.

Just wanted to reassure myself they haven't forgotten about me! :lol:
Who knows? That is railway recruitment for you! You hear nothing, and you may never hear anything, or you eventually get a call/email moving you on.. In the mean time, monitor progress on here, apply elsewhere if something comes up and carry on as you were. It can drive you a bit crazy at times!!

Trainabs

Who knows? That is railway recruitment for you! You hear nothing, and you may never hear anything, or you eventually get a call/email moving you on.. In the mean time, monitor progress on here, apply elsewhere if something comes up and carry on as you were. It can drive you a bit crazy at times!!
Yeah deffo carrying on. Guess I got used to the team being pretty on it with comms to me during the early part of the process, then the radio silence has just thrown me off a bit. Will keep my fingers crossed and wait to hear back.

Thanks for your help! :)

Amanda

Hey you guys!

Looks like not a lot is happening in this thread of late! I haven't been by lately as I failed twice at train driver assessment/ recruitment so I'm out. Hope you have all been keeping well during the pandemic.

Anyway, got an email this evening, looks like they are recruiting again soon. Here's the contents of the email, hope it helps some of you!

Hey!
Are you still considering a career in Train Driving?
Join us for a virtual open day for our Trainee Driver roles on 15 November 2021 @1700pm over Microsoft Teams. (Download the app now so that you don't miss out!!)
I will be hosting the session and will be joined by various colleagues from the business to give you an insight into the world of Train Driving and how to become one yourself!
Don't miss out on this opportunity...get your ticket now ----> https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/emr-drivers-virtual-open-evening-tickets-208034686347
The advert for Trainee Depot Driver (Nottingham + Derby) will go live from 12 November 2021 until 28 November 2021 Don't miss out on this opportunity!
Tell a friend to tell a friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.