• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver - DB Cargo - Various locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anglian96

Does anyone know much about the role itself? ( trainee driver ) can't seem to find much info out about it like shift patterns , typical working week etc.. does anyone know?

Atishyou

Does anyone know much about the role itself? ( trainee driver ) can't seem to find much info out about it like shift patterns , typical working week etc.. does anyone know?

There is no 'typical' working week.

You'll start off at training school, doing your PTS and learning the rules etc, then it's off to your home depot (hub) to your mentor driver. You'll follow their shift pattern and jobs. You'll also go on the simulator for 2 weeks sometime during your train handling.

UTC123

Recruitment for Westbury on hold for the foreseeable due to today's news from Freightliner

train_lover

Recruitment for Westbury on hold for the foreseeable due to today's news from Freightliner

What news is that buddy? I was told at my interview last week that they are waiting to find out if they had won 3 large contracts. They should know the outcome by mid January.

UTC123

What news is that buddy? I was told at my interview last week that they are waiting to find out if they had won 3 large contracts. They should know the outcome by mid January.

Winning the Mendip contract, which is 10 years and around 60(?) trains a week.

Was informed of being put in to a talent pool until "we win more work" - which is perfectly understandable I hasten to add. I would assume current DB dvrs at Westbury may well be TUPE'd.

train_lover

I thought that the Mendip contract was won in 2016 for 5 years! When did you have your interview?

UTC123

A couple of weeks ago now. Unsure of the old contract but FL take over in November 2019!

Stigy

Established Member
That's most of Westbury depots work from the quarrys
That’ll be why they were very interested if I could work at other depots (specifically Westbury), when I dad my interview I assume. I wonder how this will affect the rest of the business?

train_lover

That’ll be why they were very interested if I could work at other depots (specifically Westbury), when I dad my interview I assume. I wonder how this will affect the rest of the business?

This will undoubtedly affect other depots. I'm sure Acton will be hit hard by this too!

GJL9916

I see Freightliner have an incentive for employees to recommend a qualified driver and receive £5000 !

FlashingMoon

Hey guys, did anyone get reply who had their DMI on 20th December?
I am still waitimg, I applied for Barking and Dartford

anglian96

Any tips for the DMI please? What's Involved/asked. I have mine on the 10th. Thanks

anglian96

Nope nothing , there's people going for there interviews up until 20th Feb. That's the latest interview I'm aware of

train_lover

I was told at my interview that once they had filled all junior driver vacancies they won't recruit for the role again. Instead you will have to go in as ground staff and progress to junior driver that way.

anglian96

Just had a phone call back to say I've passed but now being held in a talent pool To wait for a training slot which could take 12 months

FlashingMoon

Finally had a call this morning to say I was successful, Medical booked.

Interview date 20th Dec 2018
Outcome 13 Feb 2019

Good luck to all those who are waiting to hear back.

Status
Not open for further replies.