• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee drivers Freighliner HH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky82

It's difficult to be 100% certain, but I'm fairly sure our start date is Monday 18th Nov. Should be confirmed by an offer letter in the post imminently.

F1Fan.

Sounds perfect to me too.

Gives me a good opportunity to say my farewells and earn a bit more before dropping to a lower wage.

It will be totally worth it though and can't wait to get stuck in

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

spesh

Letter thought this morning lads, November 18th is the start date subject to medical.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just to make you all aware nobody's medical results have turned up!! This is getting chased up today.

Fergie87

According to a letter received this morning my start date is the 25th. I've got my medical next week so fingers crossed.

TDF

Letter thought this morning lads, November 18th is the start date subject to medical.
Just to make you all aware nobody's medical results have turned up!! This is getting chased up today.

18th November for me too :) I'll see you there spesh! Surprised the results haven't come back yet, last one I did in my current role took 2 days to come back

Phatdan

Got a letter through the post today for my interview on Thursday the 24th .

Is the medical the same day guys ?

If the start date is the 18th and IF I get offered a position my notice period is cutting it very fine lol

F1Fan

According to a letter received this morning my start date is the 25th. I've got my medical next week so fingers crossed.

Same here - see you on the 25th!
Hi Spesh, is it a contract that you received through the post or just a start date?

Purely a start date. No contract, no mention of salary, no mention of the terms and conditions the offer is subject to.

F1Fan

You guys starting on the 18th, is your training after week one at Ferrybridge?

craig221

subject to t+c's and medicals...... Just called them and they do not have medicals back.

Need to give a months notice, certainly wont be doing that till I get confirmation of medical results.

Last edited:

TDF

I'm going to be based at Crewe, anyone have an idea as to the routes I'll sign?

Guess it'll be all of the WCML down to Wembley and up to Carlisle, probably the S&C too. Possibly sign to Bristol, and I'm sure of signing at least up to Bescott.

Hynod

There's 3 of us that I know of atm

Have they said whether is Bristol North or Central?

Both are good depots with some good drivers.

I'm going to be based at Crewe, anyone have an idea as to the routes I'll sign?

Guess it'll be all of the WCML down to Wembley and up to Carlisle, probably the S&C too. Possibly sign to Bristol, and I'm sure of signing at least up to Bescott.

Seems about right, not sure on what parts of wcml and how far down to Bristol but you'll have the most variety.

Two-Wheeler

Hey all, I was also down Watford on Thursday 3rd October, with the likes of PhatDan ect. Thing Is I am still waiting and heard nothing back yet so understandably getting twitchy now. So who is best getting in touch with FL, OPC or someone else?

londonlancs

Hey all, I was also down Watford on Thursday 3rd October, with the likes of PhatDan ect. Thing Is I am still waiting and heard nothing back yet so understandably getting twitchy now. So who is best getting in touch with FL, OPC or someone else?

Hey Two Wheeler! I was also down in Watford on 3rd and I'm in exactly the same position as you. I tried calling FLHR on Friday but was told that the woman who deals with all the recruitment off until Monday. I'll probably be checking the post in the morning and calling back in the afternoon if still no luck.

As far as I'm concerned no news is good news. If we had failed the tests we would have probably been told immediately so I'm happy on that front.

There could be any number of reasons that they haven't got back to us yet, and the only one that concerns me is that my letter may have been lost in the post; Then I would be at risk of missing my interview through lack of information (hence why I'll be ringing on Monday). The phone number should be the one at the top of letters they should have sent you re past tests.

Final thought - It makes sense to interview people together based on their current location and therefore where they might be based i the future. According to this forum there have been lots of job offers for Crewe and the South of the country, but none for Manchester (which is my local), Leeds or Liverpool. I notice you say you 'went down' to Watford. Are you from the North of the country also? I get the feeling they might be interviewing based on location, and ours may not have come up yet.

Would be interesting to know where Phatdan comes from, North or South?

Of course this is all just theoretical and is most likely all wrong, but at least knowing more than one person is in the same boat as me is very comforting (sorry, lol). Keeping my fingers crossed that we both hear soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.