• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee drivers Freighliner HH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatdan

The present trainees spent one week at Crewe, had a week back at the depot with the mentor driver then back to Crewe or Ferrybridge for 11 to 12 weeks they should be back at Dagenham if they pass their rules in February.

Thanks for the info again !!

What happens dare I say it if they don't pass ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fergie87

Thanks for the info again !!

What happens dare I say it if they don't pass ?

That information isn't entirely correct, the PTS and general induction is the first week at Crewe, then at ferrybridge the rules takes 6 weeks including 1 week of front end turns that takes place on the second week. Then 1 week of wagons and 2 weeks of traction. The rules exam doesn't take place until after your 275hrs of driving. However you do have underpinning knowledge exams for every topic you cover on rules so pretty much on a daily basis. The first group of trainees will start their driving hours the second week of February and the second group the week after.

Phatdan

That information isn't entirely correct, the PTS and general induction is the first week at Crewe, then at ferrybridge the rules takes 6 weeks including 1 week of front end turns that takes place on the second week. Then 1 week of wagons and 2 weeks of traction. The rules exam doesn't take place until after your 275hrs of driving. However you do have underpinning knowledge exams for every topic you cover on rules so pretty much on a daily basis. The first group of trainees will start their driving hours the second week of February and the second group the week after.

thanks for the info.

So am I right in saying us trainees will be on the 18k until we pass the rules exam after completing the 275 hours?

Babysaint

Hello, newbie here, sorry to hijack or interrupt this post, but has anyone who applied for Eastleigh Trainee Drivers jobs heard anything?

Dinster

Hello, newbie here, sorry to hijack or interrupt this post, but has anyone who applied for Eastleigh Trainee Drivers jobs heard anything?

hi babysaint, I have applied for Eastleigh but have heard nothing yet. figured it would be in new year that we might hear anything

Babysaint

Hi Dinster, thank you for the reply, was wondering if anyone else had hard but I had just been passed over and not told. Will wait to the new year and see what news it brings then.

Deliverance

Hello, first post tonight just fishing for some information could anyone tell me the timeline of getting a response from a job application,and is it usually by post or phone call?

Bigd

I can't 100% remember but believe it was around 1month before I heard anything.
I recieved a letter inviting me for first part of physcometric which also contained training material. Hope this helps

Bigd

Yeah I've got an email from them. Believe you should have too phatdan your on the list haha.
I've spoken to a friend and he has adviced to get one size bigger on trousers and also jumper the shoes are good sizes and also the coats are ok

Thanks Dan

Phatdan

Yeah I've got an email from them. Believe you should have too phatdan your on the list haha.
I've spoken to a friend and he has adviced to get one size bigger on trousers and also jumper the shoes are good sizes and also the coats are ok

Thanks Dan

I checked my emails and I've hot nothing do I'll wait till Monday then see what comes . Thanks for the heads up !! :)

How many of us on the course ?
Any idea ?

Bigd

I checked my emails and I've hot nothing do I'll wait till Monday then see what comes . Thanks for the heads up !! :)

How many of us on the course ?
Any idea ?

I've sent you a private message on here with the email contents phatdan. The email address to reply to is on there too.

rich200tdi

Thanks Dan

I thought as much, same as our network rail gear trousers are a size up and t-shirts a size down ha. I can't find an email

Hi mate , are you starting on the 3rd as well ?

Yes pal, I've resigned without even seeing a contract!

Bigd

I think we are a in the same boat I start the 3rd and have resigned without seeing a contract. There wouldn't have been enough time left of ha waited

siw8158

Definitely in the same boat too.

Starting 3rd Feb and resigned from AXC the day I got my letter through.

I'd imagine the contracts will be winging their way to us any day now!

Anyone else had the uniform sizes email yet???

Si

rich200tdi

1st week Crewe is all I know so far!

I haven't had an email regarding sizes but Laura rang me the other day asking. Assuming everyone is travelling up Sunday evening, anybody fancy arranging somewhere to meet in the evening?

Phatdan

1st week Crewe is all I know so far!

I haven't had an email regarding sizes but Laura rang me the other day asking. Assuming everyone is travelling up Sunday evening, anybody fancy arranging somewhere to meet in the evening?

Must be somewhere near the hotel ?

Last edited:

Bigd

Meeting up Sunday night sounds good. Seeing as we Are all in the hotel we can meet in the hotel bar/restaurant area. Makes sense to get the meeting and greeting part over with

Thanks
Dan

Phatdan

Meeting up Sunday night sounds good. Seeing as we Are all in the hotel we can meet in the hotel bar/restaurant area. Makes sense to get the meeting and greeting part over with

Thanks
Dan

Well I've got a 4 hour drive up so is around 8 ish good for everyone?

By the way , what's the dress code for our first week ? Suite and booted or just smart/casual ?

ballast rat

Wear what ever you like, you'll be issued your uniform within the first hour.
First week at Crewe, second week out observing a driver and then ferrybridge for the remainder.

vgl719

Hi BigD, whats the email about?, so far I've had nothing!
I'm starting 3rd too, will be good to meet everyone.
Phatdan - 8pm in the Hotel bar sounds good to me.

Andy

Bigd

Hi BigD, whats the email about?, so far I've had nothing!
I'm starting 3rd too, will be good to meet everyone.
Phatdan - 8pm in the Hotel bar sounds good to me.

Andy

The email was just asking for uniform sizes. I will forward the email to you if you give me your email address.

8pm sounds good to meet in the hotel
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
My contract ha arrived in the post today everyone should be expecting there's

Dan

jgooding

Contract arrived today as well see you all in the Sunday. Also in traveling from bristol so if anyone is on my way and needs a lift just send me a message

siw8158

My contract arrived today too!

Soggy and not until after 4pm mind! Thank you Royal Mail!

Signed, sealed and returned at 4.45pm!

Answering the previous question of F1 fan, looks like I'm at Ferrybridge after the initial week at Crewe and week out and about!

I'll be travelling up on the Sunday too so see you all at 8pm too!

And if poss Big D, can you forward me the email too? I'll PM you.

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.