• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee drivers Freighliner HH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jgooding

When I rang her she said looks like it will be the 4th which is a Saturday. So I'm thinking she ment the 6th

wayme

Given up applying, I can't even get the website to load. Ridiculous.

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. If nothing comes from that then i'm just going send a CV and covering letter to the contact address (in London) on their website

jgooding

If it's the freightliner web page your having trouble with you do need flash plug-in installed and up to date

siw8158

I spoke to LG earlier in the week and she said they were still sorting the date for January.

If the 6th of Jan is the start date as mooted above, then they need to get a wriggle on as I've, like a few, have got to give 4 weeks notice so there's about a week to get the job offer out.

Incidentally, whoever asked, I'm down for Toton!

Si

NinjaJihad

You got Toton in the end Si? Well done, we should be seeing a lot of each other!

Does anyone know if there will be just the one group in Jan or will they run two courses like they are currently?

siw8158

Cool, hope to see you up there.

Well the original request was Crewe, but that had filled so am offer of Toton was put forward.

There's only 2 1/2 miles difference in travelling between the two and tbh, I'd prefer the M42 over the M6 for travelling so I'm happy going up that way.

Hopefully we'll hear tomorrow/early next week.

Anyone spoke to LG more recently?

Si

Phatdan

yep,

im the same guys.

Still waiting.

Would love to know but dont want to keep on ringing up.

im sure as soon as they know we'll be the first know.............i hope lol

mr double 77

I've been trying to get on the freightliner website with no joy,does anyone know the email address for recruitment ? Just wondering how my application is getting on from the recent advertisement, also even though I got a confirmation email when sent, the way people have been talking it is abit worrying regarding the constant problems with there page

Phatdan

Best wishes to all the guys who are coming to join us at Dagenham. If you have any questions about the depot then message me.

Thanks.

How far in advance do you guys have your rotas?

still waiting for the start date which is hell

Thanks.

How far in advance do you guys have your rotas?

still waiting for the start date which is hell

We have a fixed roster at Dagenham showing our rest days and time windows eg 00:00 to 08:00 08:00 to 16:00 and 16:00 to 23:59. You could be booked any job that starts in those time windows. The actual working jobs for the week are sent out Friday in general before 16:00.

Phatdan

We have a fixed roster at Dagenham showing our rest days and time windows eg 00:00 to 08:00 08:00 to 16:00 and 16:00 to 23:59. You could be booked any job that starts in those time windows. The actual working jobs for the week are sent out Friday in general before 16:00.

Thanks for the info .

Chomping at the but to get started !!!

Rugd1022

Hi 66601, have you already started your training...? Was that you with Gary Hurst relieving me at Cricklewwod last week on 6E25..?

;)

siw8158

Just rang up today to see if there was any further progress regarding a start date.

Didn't get to speak to LG but was told they hadn't got the date sorted but that it'd be 'sometime in the new year'!

My nerves are shredded waiting! It would be nice to get a letter saying that I'd passed the medical and the dates/details are still being sorted. Had I not rung up, I'd have known nothing post medical.............

Anyone else heard anything more specific regarding start dates???

Bigd

hi im new to this thread ive also got a job offer for hope depot I spoke to LG Today and she mentioned that January was out of the window and it looks like 3rd of February and to expect something in writing in the next couple of weeks.

thanks Dan

NinjaJihad

Thanks for the info Dan,

I was going to call tomorrow to get an update, no need now. Shame we have to wait another month but will be great to get something official in writing.

I wonder why the January start date as said in interview has been pushed back?

Looking forward to meeting you all, I think that is most of us starting in the new year posting in this thread (and a few more lurkers no doubt)

spesh

I am currently on the course and we will be there until mid Febuary and there will be at least a week gap between courses so I'd prepare for a late feb/early march start from what we have been told.

Phatdan

I got a reply from LG today guys !!!

Feb 3rd start date .

Letters in the post today :)))

Who are the others on the same start ?

Bigd

Yep that should be me also.
Thanks for the update.

Has anyone else got hope as there depot?

Cheers dan
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks for the info Dan,

I was going to call tomorrow to get an update, no need now. Shame we have to wait another month but will be great to get something official in writing.

I wonder why the January start date as said in interview has been pushed back

When I spoke to LG yesterday she said the date had been pushed back as they had realised it was too short notice for people leaving other jobs as thy couldn't get any premises finalised quick enough

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.