• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee drivers Freighliner HH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nick40uk

Just sent off my application for Eastleigh. Have spoken to guys who drive their trucks on the road and they said they're a great company to work for. Fingers crossed I get in.

F1Fan

How did today go for everyone? Looking forward to joining you all a week today on the next course.

wayme

Is anyone having problems using their website to apply? It starts by being very slow and then eventually crashing.....very frustrating!

wayme

I emailed them today about it, must be happening to a lot of people. Asked if there was an alternative way to apply as the website is terrible. Shall see what they say.

outseyuk

Their website is terrible, even before the latest vacancies popped up. Form submissions and navigation is awful and got even worse after the last vacancies were mentioned on here!

wayme

Yes, it's not the best website I must say! I e-mailed the trainee driver e-mail address yesterday and still nothing back... I've e-mailed Eurotunnel a few times and I always get a reply the same day.

siw8158

Yes, it's not the best website I must say! I e-mailed the trainee driver e-mail address yesterday and still nothing back... I've e-mailed Eurotunnel a few times and I always get a reply the same day.

Having rung up the week before last, I know that the personnel manager has been off and was due back yesterday. No doubt she'll get back to you next week.

There's a lot of waiting about during the trainee driver process!

Si

ToastLaser

To all starting tomorrow, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and getting started. . Does anyone know which of the two Postcodes is correct for the training centre? The one in the business header appears miles from anywhere on google maps, The other one in the letter looks right though. Guess I can have a look this evening when I get there.

Cheers, Dave.

JoyDivision

To all starting tomorrow, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and getting started. . Does anyone know which of the two Postcodes is correct for the training centre? The one in the business header appears miles from anywhere on google maps, The other one in the letter looks right though. Guess I can have a look this evening when I get there.

Cheers, Dave.

The address on the letter head is the correct one, as that gets you to just off Gresty Road, which is where Basford Hall is. Good luck on your course - I started last week and it is great.

Cheers

WillPS

Established Member
Many congratulations to all of you who are now with Freightliner!

I've just read through the whole thread, most interesting. There is a tranche of positions available again through their website, including a position in Leeds. I believe from comments made earlier in the thread this is all Intermodal stuff. Is that correct? If so, how would such a position differ from Heavy Haul?

Any advice would be appreciated; I'll be putting in an application soon.

JCLeeds

The website application for this is unusable. I tried repeatedly, it wont let me put in the new work experience entries, or qualifications, it then puts the same ones in repeatedly and you cant edit. The 'add a new entry' button takes you to the next page instead.Has anyone actually used this successfully? (The new Leeds positions?)

WillPS

Established Member
The website application for this is unusable. I tried repeatedly, it wont let me put in the new work experience entries, or qualifications, it then puts the same ones in repeatedly and you cant edit. The 'add a new entry' button takes you to the next page instead.Has anyone actually used this successfully? (The new Leeds positions?)

There's definitely an issue with it. I've sent them an e-mail asking for an alternative route of application or suggested workaround.

wayme

It's all very frustrating! I have been offered to attend the assessment centre for Eurotunnel and I am passing on that in the hope that I can at least get to the same stage with Freightliner, but I can't do that if I can't bloomin' apply!

Phatdan

Hi guys,

I had my medical 2 weeks ago which i passed and am now waiting for a start date for the training.

I was to by LG that it would be sometime in january.

I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same position as me and whether you had heard any news?

Thanks

Good luck to all

siw8158

Hi guys,

I had my medical 2 weeks ago which i passed and am now waiting for a start date for the training.

I was to by LG that it would be sometime in january.

I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same position as me and whether you had heard any news?

Thanks

Good luck to all

Hi PhatDan,

Had my medical on the 13th and just waiting the results.

Did you ring LG or did she ring you?

I think Ninjajihad is on the cusp of hearing too.

Did the say about contracts coming out and a more specific date for January?

Hoping to see you there in 6ish weeks!

Si

Phatdan

Hi PhatDan,

Had my medical on the 13th and just waiting the results.

Did you ring LG or did she ring you?

I think Ninjajihad is on the cusp of hearing too.

Did the say about contracts coming out and a more specific date for January?

Hoping to see you there in 6ish weeks!

Si
Hi mate ,

I actually rang LG for my results. When I rang the first time I spoke to someone else as LG was on holiday and she asked me to call back the next day as she was the only one in the office, even though the results where on the desk opposite !!!
Couldn't believe that lol

Anyway , I just want to hand my notice in !! Strange feeling knowing you have another job to go to but you can't let anybody know at the current place of work .

No specific dates where mentioned , was just told start of January .
Dan

Last edited:

vgl719

Hi Guys,

I'm in same boat as Phatdan, need to hand my notice in this week if we start at beginning of January, but no info of start date.

NinjaJihad

Yes, I'm in the same boat as you guys. Desperate to find out start date and sign contract so I can begin telling everyone the news!

Which depot's are you all going to be based at?

Phatdan

Yes, I'm in the same boat as you guys. Desperate to find out start date and sign contract so I can begin telling everyone the news!

Which depot's are you all going to be based at?

I got dagenham !!! Which as luck would have it , is only half an hour from where I live so I'm chuffed .

What about you guys ?

Best wishes to all the guys who are coming to join us at Dagenham. If you have any questions about the depot then message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.