• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Drivers TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for certain that Northern required higher than mandatory on the assessments in 2013, because I got a 'borderline' pass on one test at the DBS test centre and was advised it wasnt a high enough score for them. This was a unilateral thing; they weren't just taking the best people from a batch, they had a definite bottom mark that they accepted universally, and I didn't make it. They may of course have changes their parameters since then

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Did OPC give you the actual scores? I tried like crazy to get them to give me mine, but they wouldnt. They were very difficult, just told me I had passed the national standard. They also emphasised this on the day of the tests - do not ask us your scores because we will not tell you. I even said I might have to make an application under freedom of information act, but they wouldnt budge

As you say, under the old style tests northern definitely did require an enhanced pass, it is mentioned on here that they were one of the most demanding when it came to test marks. I'm not sure if that was relaxed with the new tests.

Anecdotally it did seem that more people were passing with the new tests, whether that was due to a lower pass mark or the test not being as difficult I'm not sure, if that even is the case. There definitely were a spate of passes though which led to a seemingly never ending wait in the dreaded talent pool.

Back to the topic, good luck to all those applying.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JCLeeds

The OPC score your results....
Border line pass 19th percentile>
Pass 19th to 54th percentile
Good pass 54th to 89th percentile
Very good pass 89th percentile>

For the above company you need to be around 85th percentile in every assessment.

For TPE? Really? I have never heard anything like this before. Bad enough that some TOCs dont take 'borderline' passes, but do you mean by 85th percentile, the best 15% of all applicants results? That is very very high if a 'pass' (not borderline) is only the 'best' 80%?? (ie 19th percentile)?

Or do you mean test scores of over 85%? (Which also sounds very high compared to your 19% for a pass?)

Last edited:

beavercreek

I copied the scoring system from the sheet.
The 85% is a guess based on my own results.I scored between 79% and 92% on all the tests.Obviously there are other factors like your score in the driver manager interview and how strong your original application was.
i will add this is from the older tests.

Nick82

Does anyone know how the process works from submitting the assessments. No emails to confirm or deny anything. Whats TPE recruitment process like???

302PS

I'm surprised they advertised again so soon and so near to stagecoach taking over ha

Nick82

I was under the impression Northern & TPE franchises have not yet been announced??

Mattm123

I will be applying this time round again :D:D exciting!
I haven't done so yet but will be doing it tomorrow on my day off. Last time made it to driver manager interview but was not selected. I now know what I have to do to improve and shall be working on that.

scouseyb123

I am an external candidate, for Manchester. I received it yesterday evening and booked my telephone interview this morning.

WCMLaddict

A friend of mine got an email invitation for an interview earlier this week. Manchester position.

Des587

Maybe different locations are letting people know in differing timescales (I've applied for York), so far it seems the two I've heard about are for Manchester.

8J

I know someone who has got a telephone interview for lime st

Established Member
I have applied for Newcastle and am booked in for telephone interview next week

Established Member
May I ask when you got notification and was it through website or email?

I applied through the website a week last Friday, and had an email on Friday just gone saying I had got through for phone interview and to book a slot. Was only 2 slots available for me. I'm

Nick82

Starting to think if it's too early too tell if I have been unsuccessful, can anyone comment from passed experience if after over a week and no email saying either way regarding my application?

Established Member
Starting to think if it's too early too tell if I have been unsuccessful, can anyone comment from passed experience if after over a week and no email saying either way regarding my application?

When I was applying I noticed it was a 4 month recruitment process, so I would allow them a bit longer than a week before worrying

andylloyd

Last year I heard back within a matter of days to book a phone interview.
I applied last Thursday evening, completed the assessments Friday/Saturday and am awaiting to hear back.
I wouldn't worry to much as they'll get back to us eventually.
I've a funny feeling that they're that bogged down it's going to take a while.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I applied through the website a week last Friday, and had an email on Friday just gone saying I had got through for phone interview and to book a slot. Was only 2 slots available for me. I'm
I'm also led to believe that if the two slots aren't any good, you may email them and they'll offer a few more slots. I had to do this last year.

chaser

I applied for York last Sunday and I've yet to hear anything.

Can anyone allude to what questions may be asked during the telephone interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.