• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cobbler

Aw never..

Have they got in contact to tell you?

pretty much yes , there is no may course for bletchley , i think there is a sept course but i dont know where that is for , i did hear it was all rdy full
so unless something changes i think we are back on the waiting list

seems a bit pointless rushing us through medicals etc imo , all though its disappointing i totally expected it :lol:

maybe things will change but i get the feeling it will be next year

Hickstatic

I've applied for Bletchley in March. Fingers crossed. Has anyone heard back from that yet?

Last edited:

Goingloco

Recruitment for Worcester seems to have now kicked into gear, heaven knows when successful applicants would be taken into training........

bookat1892

Hi
I have my first lot of assessements next week for trainee driver with Londonmidland, I would really appreciate some help and advice from anyone who is in a similar situation or anyone who has experience of what to expect on the day.
Cheers

cobbler

Hi
I have my first lot of assessements next week for trainee driver with Londonmidland, I would really appreciate some help and advice from anyone who is in a similar situation or anyone who has experience of what to expect on the day.
Cheers

what depot did you apply for ?

cobbler

Hi,

Anyone on here given a date for stage 2?

Chloe :)

i wouldnt worry in terms of timescale , stage 2 will happen :D

the reality though is - if you get through everything ,you will not get a course until 2017 , they have numerous people waiting who have passed everything and had medicals , so they will fill any courses first
then there has been the recent vacancy , which people who are assessing now may or may not be in front of , its taking people sometimes years to get through the process

i think my point is , take it as it comes and when it happens it will happen :D

and good luck

Chloe88

Thanks Cobbler.

It would be nice to have it all completed and then just wait for "THE" call.
I don't mind waiting a year or 2 to start if im really honest. But sooner is always better than later.

On a side note, could anyone shed some light on the accommodation situation? Is it arranged by the toc?

cobbler

Thanks Cobbler.

It would be nice to have it all completed and then just wait for "THE" call.
I don't mind waiting a year or 2 to start if im really honest. But sooner is always better than later.

On a side note, could anyone shed some light on the accommodation situation? Is it arranged by the toc?

accommodation? for what?

Villafan10

My understanding was the toc provided overnight accomodation in watford due to the early start.

Is this not so?

Well like I said I've just had the email for that stage and there is nothing mentioned anywhere so I've booked in to a travelodge

cobbler

My understanding was the toc provided overnight accomodation in watford due to the early start.

Is this not so?

no it isn't the case im afraid , possibly you may have heard of people travelling down the night before etc but nothing is provided from the toc

opc is about 20 mins from the station

Chloe88

Well like I said I've just had the email for that stage and there is nothing mentioned anywhere so I've booked in to a travelodge

no it isn't the case im afraid , possibly you may have heard of people travelling down the night before etc but nothing is provided from the toc

opc is about 20 mins from the station

I'll have to find those posts again. Maybe some tocs do and some don't. Then again i may just have read it wrong :roll:

I've been given the opportunity to sit my stage 2 assessment on the 11th and 12th of May 2016

Good luck! :)

When are you booked in for? Its not over 2 days is it?

Economist

I sat and passed the tests at Watford about a year ago, I would strongly recommend booking an overnight stay unless you live in or very near to Watford. It is an early start, you'll be expected to arrive on time and you'll want to be well rested.

You should only need accomodation for a single night, when I sat assessments I sat all of Stage 2 in a single day, though if you think this one may be otherwise, I would suggest contacting the TOC.

Chloe, Villafan, may I ask if this is for the vacancies published in March?

Last edited:

Villafan10

To answer a few of the above questions.

My application has been running since about September 2015. I have not been offered any accommodation. You do only do the 1 day of assessments. I have chosen the 11th May. I am staying the night before.

Chloe88

I sat and passed the tests at Watford about a year ago, I would strongly recommend booking an overnight stay unless you live in or very near to Watford. It is an early start, you'll be expected to arrive on time and you'll want to be well rested.

You should only need accomodation for a single night, when I sat assessments I sat all of Stage 2 in a single day, though if you think this one may be otherwise, I would suggest contacting the TOC.

Chloe, Villafan, may I ask if this is for the vacancies published in March?

Thanks Economist :)

Like Villafan, my application has been active for a while now.

I have a friend who applied in March and they havn't heard anything either. Hopefully they're sifting as we speak. Good Luck :)

WJS

I also applied in March, and am yet to hear anything. I understand these things take time...:roll:

BHXDMT

The priority for LM HR at the moment is "getting applicants who applied in 2013 and 2014 sorted" according to what they told me by email last week. Sounds like there's an awfully big backlog...

Economist

Thanks folks, glad that I haven't been automatically rejected, seems they do have something of a backlog and it wouldn't surprise me if it takes a while.

For the better in many ways I think, I'm still fairly young without the same life experience as other candidates, I'm doing a lot of work on it but it will take time to develop. That is, if I actually make it to an interview with LM, I believe they are very competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.