• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver Managers Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlionhart

So all of us in the talent pool are so because we didn't meet the grade and others did. And the toc keeps us in hope and false pretenses by email ing and updating us as to when things will be moving to keep our hopes up and stay put where we are for their "insurance" reasons. If that were true it would be evil. Like something from rohl dhal. I don't believe that for a second.i believe they are overwhelmed by the number and trying to figure what ru do.

Hahahaha
I suppose the fun will be over when they actually do contact everyone. Exactly true John, everyone in the pool are successful. Just a wait before the process recomences. The big dollar question is when? :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TDK

Established Member
So all of us in the talent pool are so because we didn't meet the grade and others did. And the toc keeps us in hope and false pretenses by email ing and updating us as to when things will be moving to keep our hopes up and stay put where we are for their "insurance" reasons. If that were true it would be evil. Like something from rohl dhal. I don't believe that for a second.i believe they are overwhelmed by the number and trying to figure what ru do.

You can believe what you like, except for the situation as explained for FGW I believe who have had assessments with no current jobs available the talent pools are for those who passed the tests and interviews but others were more suited for the role. I have managed talent pools before and did take 3 from a pool of 8, the reasons were, 2 dropped out after being offered the job and the other was for someone who failed the medical. I also called 2 candidates a year after assessments and offered them jobs and this was down to time constraints as we needed them at short notice for an upcoming course.

Companies these days are being proactive with their recruitment drives, in other words looking ahead and assessing potential candidates, putting them in a pool and then when jobs become available offering then the roles, this is what is happening with FGW and many other companies will follow suite, but for those in talent pools now they only have the hope that an intake will have a poor results structure so they can be offered the job.

tlionhart

You can believe what you like, except for the situation as explained for FGW I believe who have had assessments with no current jobs available the talent pools are for those who passed the tests and interviews but others were more suited for the role. I have managed talent pools before and did take 3 from a pool of 8, the reasons were, 2 dropped out after being offered the job and the other was for someone who failed the medical. I also called 2 candidates a year after assessments and offered them jobs and this was down to time constraints as we needed them at short notice for an upcoming course.

Companies these days are being proactive with their recruitment drives, in other words looking ahead and assessing potential candidates, putting them in a pool and then when jobs become available offering then the roles, this is what is happening with FGW and many other companies will follow suite, but for those in talent pools now they only have the hope that an intake will have a poor results structure so they can be offered the job.

I remember when FGW use to run 2 recruitment drives more less every year. Perhaps they are trying to condense that and just have one huge drive. This way they can call up those from hold at short notice as TDK mentions. I also noticed SWT seem to do something similar.
Everything is very speculative at the moment when it comes down to FGW. Some great theories and other good rumours. This makes sense, especially with a company like First. Their HR team is small and deal with every recruitment aspect of the company. Guards, drivers, gateline, customer reps, train managers, Managers, etc!! So they have their bucket full. As far as it stands and something I've learnt in this process and reading other posts with interest, it seems HR contacts everyone out of the blue.

387star

On Moderation
I remember when FGW use to run 2 recruitment drives more less every year. Perhaps they are trying to condense that and just have one huge drive. This way they can call up those from hold at short notice as TDK mentions. I also noticed SWT seem to do something similar.
Everything is very speculative at the moment when it comes down to FGW. Some great theories and other good rumours. This makes sense, especially with a company like First. Their HR team is small and deal with every recruitment aspect of the company. Guards, drivers, gateline, customer reps, train managers, Managers, etc!! So they have their bucket full. As far as it stands and something I've learnt in this process and reading other posts with interest, it seems HR contacts everyone out of the blue.

Come june 2017 my assessments expire with FGW scary

Freightliner is 2019

tlionhart

Come june 2017 my assessments expire with FGW scary

Freightliner is 2019

Mine is;

STAGE 1; OCT 2016
STAGE 2; jan 2017

...goes to show paying for assessments is a waste of money. Nowhere near me have recruited and I'm not looking to relocate. (Not practical for me)

387star

On Moderation
How many externals are waiting on Bristol not many on here ? Others waiting reading oxford or Gloucester that right?
Previous post: --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
So there's me (Oxford), tlionheart, Maybe (Bristol), Driverb, johncleesefan (Westbury), skjonesfamily (Gloucester) that I can think of off the top of my head...any more and where did you apply for initially?
Last edited by oxoneil; 17th December 2014 at 22:16.

Last edited:

steve1982

Am I right in saying there won't be a recruitment drive for DBS or Freightliner for a couple of years again now?

Rocombe11

Am I right in saying there won't be a recruitment drive for DBS or Freightliner for a couple of years again now?

Freightliner had one last year and one this year, DBS have done the same, not taken so many year though. Who knows, there is nowt stranger then railway recruitment.

steve1982

Freightliner had one last year and one this year, DBS have done the same, not taken so many year though. Who knows, there is nowt stranger then railway recruitment.

I have looked on Freightliner's website everyday this year and dbs and not seen any, I saw Freightliner's last year.

Rocombe11

I have looked on Freightliner's website everyday this year and dbs and not seen any, I saw Freightliner's last year.

They both advertised around June, log onto this site everyday, news of a new recruitment is normally posted on here quite quickly.

tlionhart

They both advertised around June, log onto this site everyday, news of a new recruitment is normally posted on here quite quickly.

I remember when members on here use to say freightliner and DBS never recruit. Then all of a sudden they run a drive often.
Like Rocombe suggests, just keep visiting here and their sites to see if there are updates :)

steve1982

I remember when members on here use to say freightliner and DBS never recruit. Then all of a sudden they run a drive often.
Like Rocombe suggests, just keep visiting here and their sites to see if there are updates :)

I was just trying to work out year he meant as like I said I've checked everyday this year and he said Freightliner and dbs had recruited, when he stated June I knew he meant 2014 and not 2015, I was just frightened I'd missed out lol, I am on here everyday a few times a day and TOC's websites

Status
Not open for further replies.