• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver (talent pool) GWR July 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildGoose17

Thank you for the information. Very interesting as I heard it will be a fleet of tri mode trains pantograph, 3rd rail and diesel. Not sure what the class is though.

Sounds positive though.

Suppose I will just have to wait some more for the phone call. Wish my experience was like yours for application process.

Thank you I will do.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WildGoose17

Ah, cool! Where are you at the moment?
I'm already with GWR, but a totally different department :D
You guys heard anymore about the progress of the talent pool at Reading? Regarding your positions in the Talent pool.

CocoJuniper

You guys heard anymore about the progress of the talent pool at Reading? Regarding your positions in the Talent pool.

Hiya, I didn’t get an email to say you’d replied.
I had an offer of a medical (July), and a start date (August) provided that all goes well.
I did get told that it would be a combo of people from the East and West Regions, and will mostly take place in the West (Bristol, I believe!)

How about you? Any news?

WildGoose17

Hiya, I didn’t get an email to say you’d replied.
I had an offer of a medical (July), and a start date (August) provided that all goes well.
I did get told that it would be a combo of people from the East and West Regions, and will mostly take place in the West (Bristol, I believe!)

How about you? Any news?

That's good you have heard I still don't know what position I am in the talent pool. Did you know what position you are though? When did you get the email about the offer?

CocoJuniper

That's good you have heard I still don't know what position I am in the talent pool. Did you know what position you are though? When did you get the email about the offer?

No, I didn’t get told where in the pool I was.
I received a phone call just over a week ago to let me know about the offer :D

CocoJuniper

I'll see you on the 27 August as well then if thats the date you were given!

It was
I was told that the first few days were corporate induction followed by GEMs. Also, 27th is a bank holiday, so I’m not sure if the course actually is going to start that day
I’ll see you then then.
Where are you currently based, and doing what?

TraineeSam

It was
I was told that the first few days were corporate induction followed by GEMs. Also, 27th is a bank holiday, so I’m not sure if the course actually is going to start that day
I’ll see you then then.
Where are you currently based, and doing what?

I'm an internal employee at the moment so I won't be joining you on corporate induction, GEM's etc. Yes the course will start, Bank Holidays will no longer exist for you unfortunately!

CocoJuniper

I'm an internal employee at the moment so I won't be joining you on corporate induction, GEM's etc. Yes the course will start, Bank Holidays will no longer exist for you unfortunately!

I’m internal too, so no induction or GEMs for me either. Any idea on whether we’ll start that day and do something else?
And yeah, I know all about no bank holidays :lol::lol:

TraineeSam

I’m internal too, so no induction or GEMs for me either. Any idea on whether we’ll start that day and do something else?
And yeah, I know all about no bank holidays :lol::lol:
Not entirely sure as the classroom based stuff will be at SPM vice Reading. I believe PTS etc is the first week and can't remember what else as it was a frantic Friday afternoon when I took the call. Will await and see what happens I suppose!

CocoJuniper

Not entirely sure as the classroom based stuff will be at SPM vice Reading. I believe PTS etc is the first week and can't remember what else as it was a frantic Friday afternoon when I took the call. Will await and see what happens I suppose!

Too many acronyms o_O
What do they mean? SPM & PTS?

TraineeSam

Sorry! Been working for the Railway too long now!
SPM - St Phillips Marsh Depot near Bristol Temple Meads
PTS - Personal Track Safety

CocoJuniper

Sorry! Been working for the Railway too long now!
SPM - St Phillips Marsh Depot near Bristol Temple Meads
PTS - Personal Track Safety

Haha, that’s ok :)
I did wonder if it would be at the depot in Bristol, or whether there was a training centre there (do you know how easy it is to get from the station to the depot?)
Ahh, I am office based (ticket office), so PTS wouldn’t have meant anything to me :lol:

TraineeSam

Haha, that’s ok :)
I did wonder if it would be at the depot in Bristol, or whether there was a training centre there (do you know how easy it is to get from the station to the depot?)
Ahh, I am office based (ticket office), so PTS wouldn’t have meant anything to me :lol:

All these acronyms will become a whole new language shortly! It's walkable, but I'm not sure how the logistics are going to work etc as we're going to be technically travelling to a depot away from home. I'll message you with a guidebook of you fancy which might help (it's a few years out of date now though) but I believe it'll be taxis to and from the classroom and Temple of Doom.

CocoJuniper

All these acronyms will become a whole new language shortly! It's walkable, but I'm not sure how the logistics are going to work etc as we're going to be technically travelling to a depot away from home. I'll message you with a guidebook of you fancy which might help (it's a few years out of date now though) but I believe it'll be taxis to and from the classroom and Temple of Doom.

I’m ready to learn ALL the acronyms... o_O
Yeah, I like to plan ahead, so trying to figure out which trains I’m catching there and back; stuff like that.
Oooh, what’s this guidebook? What do you do at the moment? Are you based at Reading currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.