• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver (talent pool) GWR July 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom9748

Out of interest mate wheres their depot is that as trainee do you have any idea of trainee and qualified salary and how long is training

Didcot Fuel Point in Oxfordshire has one of the companies Class 66 Driver simulators and classrooms.
Money as a trainee I'm not sure,once qualified the money is around £50500-£51000 that includes Outer London Allowance (for Didcot drivers)around £1300. Inner London allowance for London Depots is around £2500-£3000 (I think,standing by to be corrected on that one).
Training for me (14 years ago) was around a year I think it is a little less these days.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
Didcot Fuel Point in Oxfordshire has one of the companies Class 66 Driver simulators and classrooms.
Money as a trainee I'm not sure,once qualified the money is around £50500-£51000 that includes Outer London Allowance (for Didcot drivers)around £1300. Inner London allowance for London Depots is around £2500-£3000 (I think,standing by to be corrected on that one).
Training for me (14 years ago) was around a year I think it is a little less these days.

Ah ok thanks

MJG3

I've done 2 online tests and heard nothing since, am I in the same boat as everyone else??

Ewie13

It has all gone very quite, has anybody heard back after passing the second online assessment yet?

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Had my Stage 1 assessment today. We did the folliwing:

Paper tests:
Group Bourdon
Test of Everyday Attention
Trainability for Rules and Procedures
Written Communication

Computer tests:
WAFT Vigiliance
ATAVT Vigilance
2 Handed Coordination
Situational Judgement

Stage 2 will be MMI if a stage 1 pass is achieved. Unfortunately we have to wait a week for the results of today

Ewie13

Good luck with your results, I passed mine last year. Did you have it at Swindon?

WildGoose17

Anybody heard anything on this since?
Hi I am new on the forum. Regarding the Trainee Driver Positions at Reading 2018/2019 has anyone heard what their start day might be?

I have done all assessments and interviews and have passed managers interview November last year. I am currently in the pool awaiting positions. Is anyone in the same position?

I did have an update email mid March stating they were unable to let me know my position in the talent pool as, they are still awaiting internal colleagues to do their psychometric testing. Is anyone internal and doing this tests at the moment?

Regards

CocoJuniper

Hi I am new on the forum. Regarding the Trainee Driver Positions at Reading 2018/2019 has anyone heard what their start day might be?

I have done all assessments and interviews and have passed managers interview November last year. I am currently in the pool awaiting positions. Is anyone in the same position?

I did have an update email mid March stating they were unable to let me know my position in the talent pool as, they are still awaiting internal colleagues to do their psychometric testing. Is anyone internal and doing this tests at the moment?

Regards

I am internal (are you?), and I passed my managers' interview mid-February.

I received the same email in March, about waiting for all the internal candidates to finish their assessments, but I have heard that they are already doing the MMI for Oxford and Paddington, so not sure who is left for Reading now ‍♀️

EDIT: my point was, I haven't heard about a start date yet either >.<

WildGoose17

Yeah I'm internal. Currently a train Dispatcher. What is your current role?

That is interesting, let me know if you hear anything. Do you know anyone else who is waiting? Or do you know if anyone has started training? As I've heard their are not enough driving instructers to do the training after asking some current drivers at Reading.

I hope we hear soon though as I would like to start as soon as possible.

Is anyone else at a different stage?

Regards.

CocoJuniper

Yeah I'm internal. Currently a train Dispatcher. What is your current role?

That is interesting, let me know if you hear anything. Do you know anyone else who is waiting? Or do you know if anyone has started training? As I've heard their are not enough driving instructers to do the training after asking some current drivers at Reading.

I hope we hear soon though as I would like to start as soon as possible.

Is anyone else at a different stage?

Regards.

I'm currently ticket office 8-)

Ahhh, hopefully there are enough people to teach us sooooooooon!

I know of a guy who has started training last week, but he's been waiting a while. I think there are only three on his course, so why they couldn't have postponed his training and let more people on... who knows :?:

WildGoose17

Sounds good. How you worked on the railway long?

Yeah the sooner the better.

That's interesting, how long did he have to wait? Wish we could have been on that course. 3 seems very little to take on one course.

KT530

As I've heard their are not enough driving instructers to do the training after asking some current drivers at Reading..

That’s certainly not the case - Reading have too many DIs and have had for a while.

Paddington is a different story though.

WildGoose17

I have my DMI this coming Tuesday! Nervous and excited! Any advice??

Yeah just be yourself. Be confident with your answers. And remember to actively listen to what the interviewer is asking you and reply accordingly.

Good luck for Tuesday keep us updated.

WildGoose17

That’s certainly not the case - Reading have too many DIs and have had for a while.

Paddington is a different story though.

That is interesting to hear. I have only gone on what I have heard from various staff members in GWR.

Are you internal?

WildGoose17

Is there a lot of people getting trained at the moment?

Did you have to wait in talent pool? What was your experience of the application process?

KT530

Doesn’t appear to be many in training at present, not sure how many are in the talent pool - I think future business requirements are still being worked on, although with the recent announcement of another new traction type for LTV, that will need drivers to be released for training so is a potential positive for any trainees waiting in the wings.

My application process was very quick and straightforward, but that was some time ago, I understand it has changed since then.

Feel free to DM if you need any specific info

Status
Not open for further replies.