• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zygote23

There doesn't appear to be any practice checking tests. There's verbal reasoning and a whole swathe of other practice tests... But no practice checking test. So I'm not sure what to expect or how to prepare for this. What is the checking test...???

Last edited:

Scuba2208

I'm in for Edinburgh and still have heard nothing. I can't see any pattern that they are using for sifting. Doesn't seem to be by station, alphabetical or date of application.

Still treating it as no news is good news...

Zygote23

The 'practise link took me to SHL website's where it tells you about the types of test but does not show the checking test practice test. Do I have to click on the click here button? As this appears to take you straight to the assessment.

Last edited:

Hopeful2015

How did everyone do on the practise test for the checking I'm currently getting 2 wrong and running out of time on 2

Swampster

How did everyone do on the practise test for the checking I'm currently getting 2 wrong and running out of time on 2

LOL, it varied everytime I did it. Do it enough times and you start to remember where they are though (as they don't get shuffled). So doing it too much becomes self defeating.

I think my best was zero errors and 4 skipped.
My worst was about 6 errors, and similar skipped..

Problem with a test like this.. is depending on how it's approached a certain amount of luck can make quite a significant difference.

FManc

Just sat the test! It was a lot more intense than I thought it would be. I think I definitely skipped 2 or 3. Hey ho, what will be will be!

djsmith200

nothing here either
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There doesn't appear to be any practice checking tests. There's verbal reasoning and a whole swathe of other practice tests... But no practice checking test. So I'm not sure what to expect or how to prepare for this. What is the checking test...???

im only guessing its the TD-ECT using error reference charts etc?

Hopeful2015

Sooooo when I completed the checking test, I instantly got another email from CEB asking me to take the checking test (the same one i had received before). But this time my name had been spelt wrong. So effectively it's asking me to take the same test again. I'm slightly confused as to what's happened lol. I've emailed the recruitment team to see what I need to do. Hopefully this won't impact my results/the system recognise's my first test results :s

They were maybe giving you a free attempt. Lol

choochoochoo

Established Member
any of the twitter-ers out there seen anything on the VTEC twitter feeds about how they're getting on ?

Looks like overtime/pizza for them tonight if they are to get responses to all applicants by 1st November.

Adamsrobert

Hi guys

Applied for Newcastle depot but havnt heard anything yet.

Quick question, when you applied did you receive a acknowledgement email to say that theve received your application?

Thanks and good luck to you all!

Borocarl88

Hi guys

Applied for Newcastle depot but havnt heard anything yet.

Quick question, when you applied did you receive a acknowledgement email to say that theve received your application?

Thanks and good luck to you all!

I haven't heard a thing since applying, I applied on the 3rd October and Newcastle would be the closest depot to me. Seems strange how the majority of Newcastle on this forum haven't heard anything yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.