• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YogiBear

Hey Yogibear, no, still nothing, yourself? It's been quiet on here regarding any sort of new progression either way, have you contacted them?

Nothing mate, I did email them last week but no reply.

Seems like most people here are discussing Psyc and medicals and we are left at the assessment stage.

Hope we find out something soon.

RailNewbie2

I'm also at the assessment stage. Attended 24th January and heard nothing. I emailed them last week and no reply also.

Davidson4301

I've emailed 3 times and left a voicemail. Still nothing. I really need to know provisional dates at least so I can cancel holidays ect

Sirgerbil

I received information today that courses are currently being sorted and people are being allocated places provisionally (Pending medicals)

However, It was also stated the next course is not until (and I quote) "A few months" (April/May)

I know a few of you mentioned commitments in June/July, so that would give you an idea of any scheduling conflicts if you were on the April/May course taking into consideration no leave in the first 3 months.

Davidson4301

I received information today that courses are currently being sorted and people are being allocated places provisionally (Pending medicals)

However, It was also stated the next course is not until (and I quote) "A few months" (April/May)

I know a few of you mentioned commitments in June/July, so that would give you an idea of any scheduling conflicts if you were on the April/May course taking into consideration no leave in the first 3 months.

Well hopefully we'll start to hear by next week then. Lucky you getting a reply by the way haha.

Ffcsteve14

Had my medical today and there was another bloke on it who said as long as he passes his he will start next month, so course r starting!

Chuggington21

So are the people starting on the first course(s) qualified drivers ?

There are qualified drivers still waiting for a date after completing a medical also most qualified driver are required to give 6 months notice the DB are different as they are getting made redundant

Belgarion

There are qualified drivers still waiting for a date after completing a medical also most qualified driver are required to give 6 months notice the DB are different as they are getting made redundant

Notice period is normally a standard 12 weeks, DBC could be different

Kaltias

Yay, finally received a date for psychometrics! Albeit it is a few months away but hey better than nothing!

FManc

Just had an invite to sit the pyschometric tests in April! Definitely a relief to get the email :)

donpoku

Hi what's the rdw rate and how many days for holiday bank holidays included? Many thanks.

Tyrion

Hi what's the rdw rate and how many days for holiday bank holidays included? Many thanks.

34 days IIRC

Rest day flat rate although they have just agreed a book on allowace for RDW slthough I can't remrmber amount

Rails1

Congrats, I had the same today too. Very welcome news.
Hello.. been a reader of this thread for a while now but 1st time posting. I've also received the invite for the psychometrics today.

Fmanc and HTBFD - have you guys been invited to the one in york in Apr?? thanks

Chuggington21

No DB drivers have been told that they are the ones being made redundant yet although a lot have put in for it. The new working system (which was turned down in a vote recently) was supposed to start at the beginning of July so it could be a couple of months before the drivers who are leaving leave. Some depots at the moment are struggling to cover work due to lack of drivers!

Thanks for that mate I'll be honest I was 100% sure of the situatio. Crazy they could be letting people go if they struggling to cover work.

Davidson4301

Well I also had an email today inviting me to attend psychometrics in York in April. Trouble is , I've already completed them and I was waiting for them to confirm this. I don't know what to do now. I have emailed but it seems to take ages to get a reply .

Status
Not open for further replies.