• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sirgerbil

Congrats guys, glad to see things moving again for you.

Remember to check the form for "Potential start date" ;)

Davidson4301

Finally had a reply today!
Asking me to send them some details so that they can check my previous pyschometrics.

Slet25

Congrats guys, glad to see things moving again for you.

Remember to check the form for "Potential start date" ;)

Mine also blank. I've message them regarding getting married in July and she said they can start me on a date after that as there are plenty of courses. :D

KOA

Hi all

Has anyone had their medical yet? What is the process after that?

I've been invited for my medical next week and was wondering how long the process after that will be in order for them to confirm a start date. I've tried to contact Becky but can understand she's extremely busy with assessments etc. Got an email reply stating she would contact me but it seemed like an automated response. Congrats to all who are at this stage, it's such a relief and so exciting to get this far.

YogiBear

Congrats to many of you for getting to medical stage, just out of curiosity, the ones who have got to medical stage what station did you apply for?

I see alot of talk about york and newcastle, any newbies for kings x?

Ffcsteve14

Hi. I'm a newbie and have applied for kings cross. Got my email today confirming i passed medical from last week. Nothing with what happens next tho

KOA

Congrats to many of you for getting to medical stage, just out of curiosity, the ones who have got to medical stage what station did you apply for?

I see alot of talk about york and newcastle, any newbies for kings x?

I applied for Kings Cross!

Ashxmufcx

Hi mate, did they let you know today when your medical was?

I'm waiting to hear about my medical but I have applied for Newcastle.

Yeah I found out yesterday mate and received the email to do the online questionnaire on Monday night. Apparently the first course for trainees is pencilled in for May 4th..

Sirgerbil

Yeah I found out yesterday mate and received the email to do the online questionnaire on Monday night. Apparently the first course for trainees is pencilled in for May 4th..

Wonder if it will be a mix of depots of just all for the same depot...

Sirgerbil

Just had the medical, Doc Ok'd me pending drugs screening. Did tell me off for being a chunky monkey, which was fair enough.

Now back to waiting...

xtradj

I believe the training is in York.

Therefore for people who live in London for example, is accommodation provided for the duration?

Sirgerbil

I believe the training is in York.

Therefore for people who live in London for example, is accommodation provided for the duration?

At my Q&A there was mention of this but they also stated they were looking at the possibility of using KX as a training location too as there is a simulator based there.

danyurl

Got my confirmation of a medical which is great. Quick question though, would be very grateful for any help... I've been told I will get a travel pass sent to me to get to Edinburgh on the day, do I need to book my ticket first and then claim it back with the pass or do I need to wait unti I receive my pass and then sort it out from there?

Sirgerbil

Got my confirmation of a medical which is great. Quick question though, would be very grateful for any help... I've been told I will get a travel pass sent to me to get to Edinburgh on the day, do I need to book my ticket first and then claim it back with the pass or do I need to wait unti I receive my pass and then sort it out from there?

Wait for the pass mate.

danyurl

Yeah Newcastle as well. Medical being in Edinburgh surprised me a little but I'm not complaining ha

Status
Not open for further replies.