• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Davidson4301

Cheers bud. I'm waiting to hear about Edinburgh hopefully they are working their way north lol.

Good luck. Train driving is a great job I love it

You should email Becky Watson . Shes replied straight away the last few times I've emailed . I asked her this morning if I can start after August as I had a holiday booked and she said no problem.

Chuggington21

You should email Becky Watson . Shes replied straight away the last few times I've emailed . I asked her this morning if I can start after August as I had a holiday booked and she said no problem.

I have her email but I got a email from Nichola last week saying they are still working through things and I don't want to be to pushy

KOA

I've tried ringing Becky numerous times but to no avail. Sent her an email on Monday to which I got an automated reply. So have just sent her another email as I have a holiday booked in May so wanted to find out if I'm able to go or not. If the planned start dates clash then so be it but need to know asap.

xtradj

At my Q&A there was mention of this but they also stated they were looking at the possibility of using KX as a training location too as there is a simulator based there.

Cheers, just wondered how everyone is going to travel to York everyday if they live far away and whether or not accommodation may be provided

Chuggington21

Cheers, just wondered how everyone is going to travel to York everyday if they live far away and whether or not accommodation may be provided

In the past with qualified drivers they have arranged the training course where ever then can. Usually 1st 2 weeks have been in york then traction training has been in London and they have been put up in a hotel. It's obviously different for totally new guys as you will have a couple months of rules

RailNewbie2

Hi all, is anybody else waiting to hear back after attending assessment day? Not heard anything (good or bad) since attending in January. Have emailed 3 times but no response. ??????

KOA

Thanks for the info as I finally got an email back from Becky confirming that there are a few dates for me to choose from once medical is sorted. What a relief that my holiday won't be ruined!

Davidson4301

Hi all, is anybody else waiting to hear back after attending assessment day? Not heard anything (good or bad) since attending in January. Have emailed 3 times but no response. ��

Where did you attend ? I was in Newcastle and heard back about 4 days later. Sorry that's not helpful but I'd say just keep emailing or leave a voicemail ?

NROP

Hi all, is anybody else waiting to hear back after attending assessment day? Not heard anything (good or bad) since attending in January. Have emailed 3 times but no response. ��
I am in the same position as you. Only emailed the once, no reply.

RailNewbie2

Where did you attend ? I was in Newcastle and heard back about 4 days later. Sorry that's not helpful but I'd say just keep emailing or leave a voicemail ?

I attended 24th January in York. I have emailed the Azuma recruitment original email but not had any reply at all. Is there another email I could try? Thanks in advance

Chuggington21

I attended 24th January in York. I have emailed the Azuma recruitment original email but not had any reply at all. Is there another email I could try? Thanks in advance

Have you been checking your spam?

I've not had an outcome yet either and my assessment was 13th December. But I have had contact with one of them

Danny1860

I was at London 17th January, still had no response. I emailed last week but had no answer.

ManOnATrain

Surprised to hear people saying that they got a train pass to attend the medical - is that distance dependant?

Last edited:

Sirgerbil

Surprised to hear people saying that they got a train pass to attend the medical - is that distance dependant?

I'd imagine so, or if you live along the ECML. I didn't get one for my medical but that was at KX and I live in south London so no way for them to provide a ticket anyways!

danyurl

Yeah to be fair I was surprised myself. Was more than happy to pay the train fare myself but the guy who arranged my medical told me he was sending one out to my door at the bottom of one of the emails.

YogiBear

Hi Danny1860, still waiting to hear back, I have also emailed twice but no response.

Kind of given up now.

Lincdsg

Is there anybody on here that is currently a driver for VTEC or still in the process to become a driver that lives outside of London?

ManOnATrain

I'd imagine so, or if you live along the ECML. I didn't get one for my medical but that was at KX and I live in south London so no way for them to provide a ticket anyways!

Interesting. I'm on the ECML and had to pay to travel to the medical. I didn't mind doing that, of course, but I was a bit miffed when I saw that someone on here got free travel!

The medical was a bit weird for me, wasn't expecting to get my abdomen prodded! Did everyone else get an abdominal examination?

Is it also usual to have to provide an eyeglasses/contact lenses prescription?

Status
Not open for further replies.