• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers ATW Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
What does it say in your profile/application?

Well it says "withdrawn" as I managed to mess up the actual application, but they have assured me in emails that my application is being considered with the rest! :-/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bigndaft

Well it says "withdrawn" as I managed to mess up the actual application, but they have assured me in emails that my application is being considered with the rest! :-/

I guess just wait out for their reply then. I’d give it until Monday then ring if you’ve heard nothing.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Gutted – they replied to me just saying “Dear Martin, as you applied for the qualified position rather than the trainee position, your application was withdrawn”.

I mean that would have been totally fair enough had they said that originally, but they confirmed to me twice that the driver manager team had agreed to put my application against the trainee ones.

Can't believe my own stupidity here.

baz962

Established Member
Gutted – they replied to me just saying “Dear Martin, as you applied for the qualified position rather than the trainee position, your application was withdrawn”.

Sorry bud
I mean that would have been totally fair enough had they said that originally, but they confirmed to me twice that the driver manager team had agreed to put my application against the trainee ones.

scorchio

Do you know how many drivers are in each link and how many DTMs are at Chester, any other information regarding the depot, a friend of mine has a telephone interview. Cheers
Down to two links now. Routes are pretty much as you described, the difference between the two links being only one of them signs Stafford and Crewe-Shrewsbury, and only the other link signs via Altrincham and Manchester Piccadilly to the Airport. Only the first of those two links signs 153s.

Aivilo

That's the railways unfortunately. If you have that in writing don't be afraid to fire it back to them

TrainDriver17

I've still not heard anything but I have applied for qualified . It still says shortlisting on there page

Bigndaft

Evening all,

Just thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had any news?

KP1978

What does ATW dropping out of the Wales and Borders franchise bid mean for the next 12 months? Are ATW simply going to tread water until the new franchise kicks in late 2018?
Will trainee driver roles be needed?
What will happen to the current talent pool?

ashthebash

What does ATW dropping out of the Wales and Borders franchise bid mean for the next 12 months? Are ATW simply going to tread water until the new franchise kicks in late 2018?
I've literally just seen that they've pulled out! I got a rejection for the talent pool anyway, but wondered all these things for those who were successful. Surely they would have known about withdrawing when they put the post up about trainee drivers? Crazy times ahead!

sw1ller

Established Member
I've literally just seen that they've pulled out! I got a rejection for the talent pool anyway, but wondered all these things for those who were successful. Surely they would have known about withdrawing when they put the post up about trainee drivers? Crazy times ahead!

The Chester to Liverpool service via the Halton curve will still be there and the drivers will still be needed. Doesn’t matter who’s uniform you wear.

TrainDriver17

My application still saying shortlisting so I really am now very curious

Hola everyone!
Seems like the Recruitment Team approved of my phone interview and want me to have a face to face one.
Stress intensifies, it's my first interview in ages, I am not sure what I'm going to wear, I really want this job so if I mess up I'll be a bit devastated.
I just wanted to worry here with you and stop the lurking haha

Well done to everyone who got to this stage; and to all the other ones, the best way to get what you want is to keep trying until it happens :)

I wish it would be that easy but since the world of skirts and dresses is open to me, I feel like a suit wouldn't be the best option haha

Shrimper

I believe the franchise has to be handed over with suitable staff numbers - ceasing all recruitment and leaving the new operator in the mire isn't an option. In any case, the HR teams are usually franchise specific and are transferred over to the new operator so they won't want to be sat twiddling their thumbs waiting for the changeover date.

FWIW I applied to Northern under the previous franchisee and was undergoing the assessments when the franchise changed - it made no obvious differences other than a few email address changes!

Bellbell

I wish it would be that easy but since the world of skirts and dresses is open to me, I feel like a suit wouldn't be the best option haha

For railway roles I've done a smart (as in business wear, not wedding smart!) dress and suit jacket a couple of times. Best of luck!

Thanks a lot Bellbell!
I'm definitely stressing too much about outfit things, I'm just not very used to wearing smart clothes unfortunately.
Now I need to stop thinking about this and focus on getting ready for the most important part of the interview, what I'm going to say!

JohnC

I've also managed to land a face to face at Chester on Tuesday. Really anxious and excited as this is the first time I've got past the application stage for driver. When is your interview for, Rickety? Might see you there

Bigndaft

Morning all,

I will be up to Chester for my interview on Monday, however I'm now only applying for the talent pool as my current job won't let me leave early enough <(

This will be ,my first interview in over 15 years...any ideas as to what type of questions I need to prep for?

Status
Not open for further replies.