• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers ATW Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigndaft

Well that sucks if true. I’m away with my current job from December until May. Unless I hear about getting selected soon I will have to play the waiting game again!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Potato185

As the famous saying goes "it's not all about size, it's what you do with it that counts", how big are peoples' statements?

Mine was just over 700 words, but I know there's not a limit so just wondering if people have gone for more or less?

martin2345uk

Established Member
As the famous saying goes "it's not all about size, it's what you do with it that counts", how big are peoples' statements?

Mine was just over 700 words, but I know there's not a limit so just wondering if people have gone for more or less?

I have no recollection of mine at all now!

Take it still no one has heard owt!

ashthebash

Still says shortlisting for me too. I'm curious, those who have applied are you within the specified travelling distance from Chester?

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Sorry to repeat myself, but again, I may be wrong and it may have no bearing on the wait, but this is only for talent pool , which means they are not in a hurry to recruit and also, the advert for qualified drivers at the same depot doesn't close for a few days yet. I would suggest ATW are waiting to see how many qualified's that are suitable apply before deciding how many externals to put through the first sift.

baz962

Established Member
Sorry to repeat myself, but again, I may be wrong and it may have no bearing on the wait, but this is only for talent pool , which means they are not in a hurry to recruit and also, the advert for qualified drivers at the same depot doesn't close for a few days yet. I would suggest ATW are waiting to see how many qualified's that are suitable apply before deciding how many externals to put through the first sift.

Not sure about talent pool but someone posted on saturday a bit further up this page that the trainee's need to be qualified by next december.

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
I applied.... it was definitely to enter their talent pool. If trainees need to be qualified by December, enough qualified drivers would mean it could be a long wait for externals ..........

martin2345uk

Established Member
They confirmed this morning that even though my application shows as being for the wrong role, it’s definitely being considered for the trainee role, so I guess I just have to take their word for it and hope for the best! (“,)

ashthebash

Ahh gutted! I've had my rejection, looks like I'm carrying on doing their bus replacement service out of chester instead haha.

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Rejected, gutted! Thought it was a really strong application :(

They were advertising for qualified drivers until just the other day. Possibly a lot of any positions they may have coming up will be filled by qualified drivers meaning if there are any positions for trainees left, knowing the hundreds and hundreds of applicants these positions always draw in , it will always be a very tough job to get and whoever does should be very very proud of themselves.

scouseyb123

On Moderation
They were advertising for qualified drivers until just the other day. Possibly a lot of any positions they may have coming up will be filled by qualified drivers meaning if there are any positions for trainees left, knowing the hundreds and hundreds of applicants these positions always draw in , it will always be a very tough job to get and whoever does should be very very proud of themselves.

Yes you are right, agreed!

Bigndaft

I’ve received an email saying I’m through into the selection process. Next is a telephone interview.

Does anyone have any ideas as what the format of the telephone interview is?

sw1ller

Established Member
I’ve received an email saying I’m through into the selection process. Next is a telephone interview.

Does anyone have any ideas as what the format of the telephone interview is?

Congrats mate

It’s a 10 minute interview, nothing too major. Just to see what you know about Arriva, what you know about the job and why you’re applying. Next stage after that is the manager interview which lasts a hell of a lot longer.

I wrote down loads of facts and figures from their website and tried to read them off like I wasn’t reading them! Haha. Must of worked though.

Good luck.

Bigndaft

Congrats mate

It’s a 10 minute interview, nothing too major. Just to see what you know about Arriva, what you know about the job and why you’re applying. Next stage after that is the manager interview which lasts a hell of a lot longer.

I wrote down loads of facts and figures from their website and tried to read them off like I wasn’t reading them! Haha. Must of worked though.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info bud :D

martin2345uk

Established Member
Have everyone heard one way or the other then? Wondering how long I should give it before dropping them a quick email to ask..?

martin2345uk

Established Member
Hmmm, I might drop them a mail then! :-/

Edit: Hmm maybe not, the last email I got from them did say

Please note that due to the very high volume of applications received shortlisting may take a few weeks, however please be assured that all candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application.

Best wishes,

The Recruitment Team

Status
Not open for further replies.