• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Express New Trainee Driver Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1981

SS, sorry don't know if my last post made sense.

From the info I have I assumed that this weeks tests then interview would be the last stage, so effectively they would have the chosen 10 by next week.

Reading on here makes me wonder if there will be subsequent interviews after this?

I might have failed the last stage so then it wouldn't matter anyway!

Sounds like you are quite lucky with your job.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BulldogBurt

Just rang HR and was told that correspondence was going out this week and there has been a slight delay in the process (possibly due to the aforementioned high number of successful applicants) so I'm going to hold off on feeling miserable till the end of the week! I was really confident that I'd done well in the assessment so I'd be disappointed if I've failed but that confidence is waning by the day!

mark1981

Same here, I thought I'd done pretty well but I'm feeling less hopeful as the days go by.

Supersaint57

I was under the same impression as you Mark that this would be the last stage, bar the medical. It might just be the different lingo used on here that's confusing matters haha.

Bulldog like you I thought I'd done really well, but my optimism is starting to wane a bit now. It's not over til the fat lady sings though, so we never know. On the plus side some people have already been told they've failed, so maybe no news is good news. We've just got to all stay positive chaps :)

Alpha Tango

Same here, I felt the last assessment date went well, I'm just glad I found this forum, it's becoming a bit of a daily obsession for me keep checking this thread as it's such an interesting informative read. This is my first railway type job application and so far I'm astonished by this recruitment process. I told my boss I may require another days holiday this week either Wed/Thurs/Fri but I've still not heard from First, I just hope he continues to be OK with these day's off at such short notice.

Supersaint57

Just had a reply now saying unsuccessful. They had a large number of applicants and I didn't pass the assessment. They didn't elaborate on the reasons why. Gutted

mark1981

Nightmare, sorry to hear about that. I'd guess that ill probably get the same message soon.

How did they contact you?

Supersaint57

It was via email. I'm guessing it was the default one they send to everyone, saying they would like to hear from me again and to try again in 6 months.

Neil73

This was my e-mail this morning........

At FirstGroup, we’re always keen to add driven and customer-focused people to our team and in order to get the right people, we go through a really thorough selection process.
Your application for the Trainee Train Driver [First TransPennine Express] role at Various Locations passed our initial shortlisting process, but we did have a lot of interest and on this occasion we’re not able to take your application any further. Don’t get disheartened though, we’re always on the look out for good people. So why not sign up for job alerts at www.firstgroupcareers.com.

Thanks for your interest in joining us.

K

Gutted? Not half..!! :(

mark1981

Neil if its any concelation at least you haven't failed so I think you'll be a really strong candidate in the future.

I'm hoping this is my worst case scenario.

Supersaint57

Mine says I didn't pass the assessment, I was convinced I'd nailed it. Maybe I missed some boxes on the bourdon test, who knows. Do you think if I call First up they'll give me some detail?

chrisdmadd

Mine says I didn't pass the assessment, I was convinced I'd nailed it. Maybe I missed some boxes on the bourdon test, who knows. Do you think if I call First up they'll give me some detail?

They might not have detailed results, the OPC might have though.

They (TPE) are unlikely to answer to feedback this week due to their obvious workload at the minute.

Neil73

Neil if its any concelation at least you haven't failed so I think you'll be a really strong candidate in the future.

I'm hoping this is my worst case scenario.

Yeah cheers Mark, i'll be putting in for it again as soon as they re-advertise (which I am pretty sure will happen again this year).

Good luck everyone else

BulldogBurt

Well about half an hour after I posted I got an email saying I'm through to the next round on Thurs at 9.00, the relief was overwhelming! Sorry to hear about the ones who were unsuccessful but there's hope for those who haven't heard. Less than 2 days notice is unbelievable really, but I'm lucky to be working for an understanding head teacher.
Good luck to those who are waiting, it's by far the worst aspect of the process so far!

Alpha Tango

It's the end of the line for me :(
I'm not kicking myself though as I am pleased with how far up the ladder I did get as this was my very first application for a railway type job :)
Best of luck to all who are still in it, those positions will be well deserved.

chrisdmadd

Any one on here been for assessments today yet then?

If successful id imagine its going to be a long day for anyone lucky enough to pass the final assessments and get a managers interview.

mark1981

The fact that assessments have already taken place sounds grim for those of us still waiting for a reply.

I hope I find out soon one way or the other.

BulldogBurt

Only 8 today and about 35 left with a course starting in June and One later in the year.

Are those definite numbers Merrydown? Thought it would have been way more than that! If it's 43 applicants left with 10 positions available, all of a sudden the odds don't look terrible. Are all 10 on the June intake and more later or are the 10 split between the two?

chrisdmadd

I'm pleased to say I passed all the assessments with northern today!

Hopefully the next step is a medical/job offer!

I still can't help thinking what if from the TPE day yesterday but I'm just so pleased I passed my full assessments and managers interview.

I'm pleased to say I passed all the assessments with northern today!

Hopefully the next step is a medical/job offer!

I still can't help thinking what if from the TPE day yesterday but I'm just so pleased I passed my full assessments and managers interview.

Well done mate

Supersaint57

Well done Chris!! I'm going to wait the 6 months then try again, not letting failing this time put me off, I want the job! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.