• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpora Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard13

I notice that the Yellow coaches website has expired (17/2/23) and so the pointer to Transpora's school bus operation no longer exists. St Peter's school website still says the buses are run by Yellow Coaches.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AllanMacF

The Bristol operations have received a further Alexander Dennis E200MMC for use on the 52 - YX22 OHY, which, according to ‘Bus Lists on the Web’, was new to Cobra Corporate Services of Fleet.
For the record, YX22 OHY was at work in Bristol, in full Transpora condition as number 1331, on rail-replacement work in the last week of December 2022.

For the record, YX22 OHY was at work in Bristol, in full Transpora condition as number 1331, on rail-replacement work in the last week of December 2022.
Sorry - typo - number 1330, of course.

Sorry - typo - number 1330, of course.
Further research shows YX22 OHY was here in November. Can anyone improve on this?
Current fleet verification would be appreciated, please. I have it as Enviro200 MMCs YX68 URF (10.8m), YX19 ONR & ONS, YX71 OGY and YX22 OHY (all 8.9m). Then an Enviro400 in London red, LJ09 OLG, has been on Rail-Replacement, with both Transpora and Stagecoach names! No prob - get the bus earning, then worry about i/d!

Last edited:

Marcus Fryer

Further research shows YX22 OHY was here in November. Can anyone improve on this?
Current fleet verification would be appreciated, please. I have it as Enviro200 MMCs YX68 URF (10.8m), YX19 ONR & ONS, YX71 OGY and YX22 OHY (all 8.9m).
Transpora haven’t tracked on bustimes.org since 9 November. The only one of these I’ve seen on the 52 recently is YX22 OHY. Perhaps Rhys would be kind enough to (a) advise why the buses aren’t tracking, and (b) verify the current fleet as per Allan’s request.

AllanMacF

Transpora haven’t tracked on bustimes.org since 9 November. The only one of these I’ve seen on the 52 recently is YX22 OHY. Perhaps Rhys would be kind enough to (a) advise why the buses aren’t tracking, and (b) verify the current fleet as per Allan’s request.
Thanks, Marcus. Buses on the 52 are being tracked on the MyTrip app that the buses themselves promote. Today it is showing YX68 URF as being on the route. But I find it a very difficult app to get results from. Incidentally, now think report of the Enviro400 carrying Stagecoach names was a mistaken identity! Never operated for them.

Soundwave

I know there has been photographic evidence, but is there actual evidence of an official operating centre in Poole with VOSA?

aliceh

I know there has been photographic evidence, but is there actual evidence of an official operating centre in Poole with VOSA?
I'm sure I found on VOSA the other day that one of the licences had an operating centre listed at New Quay Road (BH15 4AF), but I cannot for the life of me find it again.

Stan Drews

Established Member
Bustimes isn’t an official site, so any problems would be better directed at those who run the site, or where available make use of operators own apps/websites.
I tried to engage with them regarding errors that appear for the company I work for, but I didn’t get any response from them.

markymark2000

On Moderation
It depends how they run things, if the buses move about, they won't need it as an official operating centre. I know companies who

Bustimes isn’t an official site, so any problems would be better directed at those who run the site, or where available make use of operators own apps/websites.
Bustimes tracking for Transpora comes from their Bus Open Data feed.

I tried to engage with them regarding errors that appear for the company I work for, but I didn’t get any response from them.
What errors, vehicle editing errors, tracking errors or timetable errors? Many of the errors can be explained. The person who runs bustimes is very busy and so isn't always able to reply to all emails.

James H

The Transpora Bus Bournemouth Facebook page has now been renamed (again) as Transpora Bus South Coast

Ancelljb

Looks like the St Peter's is indeed temporary
This is a glitch with the 'bustimes' system and the way it pulls information through from the source. If you click on the registrations, the services are in fact registered from 20th March, and not cancelled from then:

Variation history​

• Received 3 Feb 23
    • Effective 20 Mar 23
    • New
      Monday to Friday schooldays
      One AM and one PM journey

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
There were no Londoner Buses route A yesterday at all (12/03). It turned out to be because Trafalgar Square and Horse Guards Parade was closed. I was looking forward to riding the route until I only just found out it was operated by Transpora. The hopeless website and the post on here confirmed tha. Now I'm quite glad I missed it; I'm not paying to go on that!

I would however like to have seen the loadings. I have seen the operation, but it was on day 1 and was very quiet, but they were just promoting it then.

Last edited by a moderator:

67thave

I walked past a Londoner Buses service in operation by Parliament today at around 11AM. It seemed to be mostly empty - I only noticed one person on board besides the driver!

I hope the service can gradually build up a customer base, but seeing an empty bus on a day with decent weather is not a good sign.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just seen one go past me at Trafalgar Sq, didn’t notice any passengers whatsoever.

markymark2000

On Moderation
News that seems to have been missed from here is that Rhys Hand has been given a promotion from Operations Director and is now the Managing Director of the Transpora Group.

Also good news is that Transpora have now been awarded 3 school contracts from West of England Combined Authority. Routes 680, 963 and 967. All currently ran by Stagecoach
Quote from Rhys Hand's tweet (https://twitter.com/RhysHand/status/1636461245254475787)
Delighted that our Bristol team have been awarded routes 680, 963 and 967 under contract to West of England Combined Authority.

We’re really looking forward to delivering these routes complete with next stop announcements, friendly drivers, contactless payments and mobile app tickets from 17th April.

ANDREW_D_WEBB

Just seen one go past me at Trafalgar Sq, didn’t notice any passengers whatsoever.
Unfortunately this seems to be the default loading for this service. Lovely to see the RM doing what it was built for, but how this service survives is beyond me. Marketing is limited to a leaflet which is sometimes at the information desk on Waterloo station and that’s about it.

-Colly405-

News that seems to have been missed from here is that Rhys Hand has been given a promotion from Operations Director and is now the Managing Director of the Transpora Group.

Also good news is that Transpora have now been awarded 3 school contracts from West of England Combined Authority. Routes 680, 963 and 967. All currently ran by Stagecoach
Quote from Rhys Hand's tweet (https://twitter.com/RhysHand/status/1636461245254475787)
Good news that these services have been saved.

And congrats RH...

-Colly405-

I presume so too.Gives those of us who rely on them chance to think of an alternative for next academic year, which will probably means taking the car at least one way as there is no alternative.
Unless, of course, they are taken on by anyone commercially. After all, 4 of Winterbourne's 5 school bus routes are commercial...

67thave

Unfortunately this seems to be the default loading for this service. Lovely to see the RM doing what it was built for, but how this service survives is beyond me. Marketing is limited to a leaflet which is sometimes at the information desk on Waterloo station and that’s about it.
I saw the leaflet available behind the desk at Victoria Coach Station back in January. Of course, that's somewhat of a questionable place to put it, as wouldn't the majority of people inquiring at that desk be destined for places outside of London?

RhysHand

I presume so too.Gives those of us who rely on them chance to think of an alternative for next academic year, which will probably means taking the car at least one way as there is no alternative.
Unless, of course, they are taken on by anyone commercially. After all, 4 of Winterbourne's 5 school bus routes are commercial...
Pretty much spot on here. Certainly gives some time to work with the school and the parents to look at any potential commercial opportunities, and even better as they can fit around existing and new work place shuttle contracts - or any potential new ‘BSIP’ routes

richard13

Bournemouth - The 4 St Peter's school routes started today (20/3/2023) using their own Altonian Coaches licences rather than Yellow Coaches ones. However on the expiry of the Yellow Coaches agreement, morebus has also registered the original Yellow Buses routes.

Today there is showing a new registration for a Bournemouth Sightseeing route T1
  • PH1089686/7 Registered​

ALTONIAN COACHES LIMITED
    Route: Bournemouth Pier to Hengistbury Head via Boscombe Pier
    Service number: T1 (Sightseeing Bournemouth)
    Service type: Normal Stopping

• Effective date: 21 Apr 2023
This will compete with morebus Breezer routes 70 and 80 which have a launch event on April 7th. These are treated as standard bus routes.
https://www.morebus.co.uk/breezers-summer-launch-event-friday-7-april-poole-park
70 Beach Breezer (currently only serves Alum Chine to East Cliff but will become open-top from Easter). Then from 27 May extended to - Rockley Park, Poole, Compton Acres, Alum Chine, Bournemouth, Boscombe Pier, Hengistbury Head

80 Beach Breezer (from 27 May) - Alum Chine, Bournemouth, Boscombe Pier, Hengistbury Head, Christchurch, Mudeford.
Bournemouth Pier is also the start point for the existing City-Sightseeing service to Poole and Sandbanks.

It will be interesting to see whether this makes a financially successful business for Transpora along with rail replacement, event shuttles and other services.

aliceh

Happened to be walking to work at the right time to see the 906/907/85/86 pass just now. Loadings were noticeably better on the Transpora vehicles - both were about half full (and this is roughly halfway along the route) - whereas the total number of kids on the two More vehicles barely made double figures.

Obviously this is just one day at one part of the route, when both were running ~10 minutes late, but it seems Transpora have the upper hand for now. The bigger test will probably be after Easter when term passes get renewed. But however it comes about, I very much doubt there will be four vehicles for St Peters School along this road come September.

BenS123

Happened to be walking to work at the right time to see the 906/907/85/86 pass just now. Loadings were noticeably better on the Transpora vehicles - both were about half full (and this is roughly halfway along the route) - whereas the total number of kids on the two More vehicles barely made double figures.
Transpora definitely have the upper hand at the moment, I saw the 909 and 88 this afternoon and the 909 was well loaded and the 88 had precisely zero passengers on board.

Transpora seem to be taking on a route 25 between Broadmead and Horfield Common, replacing the lost parts of the 47. Any other info on this?

tjwpsv

Can anyone please confirm whether Transpora Group still have the following open toppers: P534EFL, V145MEV, V158MEV, V362OWC?

All were previously used at either Blackpool or Manchester, but do not appear to have been seen (in use) for some considerable time and are currently showing as SORN. Are they in store - or have they moved on?

Thanks.

RhysHand

Can anyone please confirm whether Transpora Group still have the following open toppers: P534EFL, V145MEV, V158MEV, V362OWC?

All were previously used at either Blackpool or Manchester, but do not appear to have been seen (in use) for some considerable time and are currently showing as SORN. Are they in store - or have they moved on?

Thanks.
Current open tops in the fleet are:

2701​
V145MEVBlackpool
2702​
V158MEVBlackpool
2703​
V168MEVManchester
2704​
V362OWCBlackpool
2705​
W501RBBManchester