• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport For Wales Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd0733

Established Member
Non-prm 158827 is currently sitting outside the workshops at Crewe so presumably will be next in for PRM.work

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

krus_aragon

Established Member
Guess that makes sense, just thought if it was a full repaint surely it’d make more sense to do TfW rather than ATW, just to repaint again in a few months
Agreed. So the only explanation I see is that they've decided to send them back into service without a full repaint (but in a presentable condition).

anamyd

On Moderation
Agreed. So the only explanation I see is that they've decided to send them back into service without a full repaint (but in a presentable condition).
285 and 284 were also corrosion repaired (not just "made presentable") and painted into the same livery earlier this year :p

anamyd

On Moderation
I was just looking back through this thread and saw about 150251, I was on it on the 12th August and it definitely wasnt PRM modded then so unless they have massively sped up the turnarounds I'd be suprised I'd 251 didnt just have some maintenance rather than prm work.
The pic is of it passing Heald Green on 12/08 with blinds etc still there.
Interesting. can @PHILIPE or anyone else confirm whether this unit has come back from PRM mods, of whether it's in fact unmodified...?

anamyd

On Moderation
I think they're skipping the TfW livery for the time being as they're pressed for time to get all the PRM mods done by the end of the year. Painting over the bits they've been patching up is quicker.

Guess that makes sense, just thought if it was a full repaint surely it’d make more sense to do TfW rather than ATW, just to repaint again in a few months

The TfW livery will be a wrap over the mock ATW paint job, which was applied on 285, 284 and 264 following bare metal strip down and new lower body panel fitment for corrosion repair

krus_aragon

Established Member
285 and 284 were also corrosion repaired (not just "made presentable") and painted into the same livery earlier this year :p
I hadn't realised they were given a full repaint in the old livery.

Perhaps there's still a speed advantage in not having to apply several coats of white paint to cover the old livery (assuming that they planned to be painting the 150s rather than vinyling them)

Tomos y Tanc

I hadn't realised they were given a full repaint in the old livery.

Perhaps there's still a speed advantage in not having to apply several coats of white paint to cover the old livery (assuming that they planned to be painting the 150s rather than vinyling them)

There might be something more to it. I gather some in TfW think they've been pushing the new brand too far in advance of promised improvements. The feeling is that although they've always been open about the timeline for their plans, expectations have been raised anyway.

They couldn't use ATW's branding but neutral looking trains could buy them some time.

I'm guessing and joining the dots here but I've heard that from a couple of people in TfW and WG.

anamyd

On Moderation
There might be something more to it. I gather some in TfW think they've been pushing the new brand too far in advance of promised improvements. The feeling is that although they've always been open about the timeline for their plans, expectations have been raised anyway.

They couldn't use ATW's branding but neutral looking trains could buy them some time.

I'm guessing and joining the dots here but I've heard that from a couple of people in TfW and WG.
I also heard that 150s were supposed to start getting TfW livery last month (July)!

craigybagel

Established Member
Did see another 150 in Crewe for PRM mods. I’m not 100% sure but it may of been 150208

At the time of typing 208 if currently between Whitland and Clarbeston Road so unless you're talking a few days ago I suspect it's a different unit.

What mods are needed to comply with PRM?

Door opening chimes, disabled accessible toilet, Passenger Information system, free other little bits and pieces.

anamyd

On Moderation
Door opening chimes, disabled accessible toilet, Passenger Information system, free other little bits and pieces.
door openable chimes, not opening, also the closing ones made louder, and toilet retention tanks also fitted and while not strictly necessary, water flush toilet replaced with vacuum flush toilet.

6Gtraincrew

Plus really little things which make a big difference. Such as replacing the door handles on the middle doors of 150's with proper handles instead of the awful finger breaking recessed things. Call for aid system at the disabled seating area too.

craigybagel

Established Member
door openable chimes, not opening, also the closing ones made louder, and toilet retention tanks also fitted and while not strictly necessary, water flush toilet replaced with vacuum flush toilet.

Indeed, my bad - was typing in a hurry, as the typos show! :lol:

Plus really little things which make a big difference. Such as replacing the door handles on the middle doors of 150's with proper handles instead of the awful finger breaking recessed things. Call for aid system at the disabled seating area too.

On the one hand, yes those recessed handles were awful on the fingers - but at least they didn't fall off and leave you locked out of the other car!

Murray J

ok thanks everyone.

anamyd

On Moderation
One Turbostar has officially arrived
YouTube -
Thanks for bringing the official video of 170207's arrival to our attention :)

...which has me in it, oops :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.